Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody know Fairfield's rare coins & Jewelry in Fort Wayne, In.?

I seen them at the Indy coin show and they seemed nice and professional. I just wondered if anyone knew them or had any dealing with them? Thanks.

Comments

• themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    I know them very well. I have done business with them for over 40 years, both buying and selling. Friendly, straight shooters, also a pleasure to visit their shop.

Fairfield Rare Coin and Jewelry
    3101 North Clinton St.
    Fort Wayne, In 46805
    260-484-5109

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First class outfit.image
  • FinallyHereFinallyHere Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    Have known them for 25 years...good people...very fair. You have nothing to be concerned about.
    Mike Printz
    Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
    https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have known the father and the son for a long time, and did a lot of business with them when I was working for Harlan J. Berk. Good guys!
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Thanks for the replies. I had a gut feeling they were top notch just wanted to make sure. I'm only a couple of hours from Fort Wayne I might make the trip this winter.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks for this thread - and the replies to it. A good coin dealer resource is always welcome.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a very nice botanical garden in Fort Wayne that is worth a visit.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a nice purchase from them at the 2013 Central States show, it was a pleasant transaction on my side. I also received the same impression that they were top-notch.
  • Used to do a fair amount of business with them in the '90s and early 2000s, both buying and selling. Mostly jewelry. Always was a positive experience with Jim.
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    He's fine to deal with.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there before, good place. The owner had some scarce Fort Wayne civil war tokens displayed on the wall, hope they're still up.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they all said....top notch.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight-shooters, know coins, reliable payers, very pleasant.... Good people . . image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent outfit
  • Jim frairfield is a good friend of mine and I have done business with him for years. He has the best B'M I have found in Indiana. He has an amazing inventory Of bullion gold and silver, certified type coins. Raw type coins, books supplies and paper money. Plus a fine jewelry store. Best place I have ever been, very good prices, honest and genuine. Good staff. A+ overall. I have bought a great deal of my commems in my complete commemorative set and a lot of the beautiful coins I post here. Take the time to travel there. Tell him I sent you.
  • Wow, 14 replies and not one negative. I will visit their table first next year. They had an awesome 1795 2 leaf dollar fairly priced at his Indy show table. It was a original PCGS F-12. I wish I would have had the money.
  • I just bought a pcgs vg8 1798 Bust dollar from him. I posted it earlier. Very fair price under grey sheet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file