Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS label out of place

Has anyone ever tried to reposition a label in the slab? I made an offer on a coin and I noticed that the right side of the label has dropped about a quarter of an inch. The left side is in proper position. It's CAC'd, and I don't really want to send it back for a re holder. But being overly meticulous about my collection I am certain this will bug me! Accckkkkkk! Any constructive advice?
What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps gentle taping on the opposite end against a table might get it alined.

Edited to add the word, gentle

peacockcoins

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I would try first.

I've used a SonicCare toothbrush to rotate coins into proper positions. You might try that too.
    Lance.
  • PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    I've had this issue once or twice too. While it shouldn't really matter...it's certainly something that bugged me. Good Luck.
    EAC, ANA Member
  • Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've had this issue once or twice too. While it shouldn't really matter...it's certainly something that bugged me. Good Luck. >>

Did you have any luck repositioning the label? Advice?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been able to rotate a coin back into its proper place by taping on the corner. It's a tedious process and doesn't always work.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the back of the label there is a small circle of adhesive that if it is still good makes it hard to move the label. I had a few labels that were crooked but never got them to move back into position. image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? That bothers you?

Try focusing on the coin.

Too harsh?
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Try focusing on the coin. >>

Heaven forbid!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $5 re-holder and $3 re-sticker and then forgetaboutit image

Erik
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On the back of the label there is a small circle of adhesive that if it is still good makes it hard to move the label. I had a few labels that were crooked but never got them to move back into position. image

GrandAm image >>

Me too.

Basically, the labels simply do not move and if the label is crooked, it came that way from the shop. PCGS really should not charge you to make the correction.

Take a picture and forward it to one of the PCGS exec's asking for advice. Their emails are available on their webpage. I'd suggest David Hall.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Really? That bothers you?

Try focusing on the coin.

Too harsh? >>

IMO, Yes.

Would a scratch on your 67 Mustang GT with a 390 under the hood bother you or should you just focus on the engine?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapping the upper right corner somewhat assertively on a surface that won't chip the slab has worked for me.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had them move back into position, but once loose, they won't necessarily stay where they belong.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be in the minority, but I would not care..... It is the coin, always the coin.... Of course, if I were OCD.......Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file