Home U.S. Coin Forum

Elvis' Gold Cadillac...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let's see, Elvis had his Gold Cadillac, Ford has their Aluminum truck. Has there ever been a car made of Silver? Just curious?image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Buick made a car in the late 1940s that had a plexiglass exterior so that the engine etc was visible - the car still exists but had or has to be restored.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe Buick made a car in the late 1940s that had a plexiglass exterior so that the engine etc was visible - the car still exists but had or has to be restored. >>

Wow! I can't even imagine that? To Think, you would never have to wax it. Just wash it.image

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roy Roger's Pontiac was covered in silver dollars (at least the interior was)...really cool for sure.

Just Google: Roy Rogers Pontiac for a looksee.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automobiles with parts made of gold used to smuggle gold across borders have appeared in secret agent novels.

One of Upton Sinclair's "Lanny Budd" books written in the 1940's describes this method.

Goldfinger of the Ian Fleming "James Bond" novel also uses this technique.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

I know The Lone Ranger's horse was made of Silver. No wait, that was the horse's name!image

• MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a beautiful Packard in a private collection here in Maine, one of many magnificent automobiles in this world class collection. This particular Packard was custom built for its original owner in the 1930's, and includes, among its many amenities, gold door handles, window cranks, and other interior fittings. That's about as close as I can come.

They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • imageimage
  • Bonnie and Clyde had a car that was filled with lead ...
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A special 1964 Chevrolet El Camino was built for president Lyndon Johnson.
    It featured a leather interior with engraved sterling silver hardware.

<< <i>imageimage >>

Is that a proof or Cameo business strike?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file