Home U.S. Coin Forum

Happy Halloween!

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
A friend from the coin club carved this one on a half-dollar sized nickel token blank...

Anyone have anything else coin and Halloween related????

Comments

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought JA at CRO really went all out with his carving skills on this one image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

peacockcoins

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trick or Treat
    imageimage

The man who designed and made this coin was inspired by Daniel Carr. The obverse is his wife (she looks better in person), and the reverse from a Civil War Uniform Button, as I recall from our chat. The fields were so deeply grooved with die polish lines that I teased Brian and said it looked like "Four Wheel Drive ruts". He said it was his first attempt at making his own dies, preparing planchets and using his screw press". I was impressed. He's working on a Merchant Token for me, now.

Thanks a lot Daniel … You've created another freak.

imageimage
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this ASE is Halloween themed.

imageimage
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the early 1990's around Halloween I bought an AU58 common date $5 gold Liberty in a small ANACS slab off eBay. The coin was nice but nothing special. The serial number on the slab was 666666 which I thought was really neat. I bought it because of the serial number---you could say "the devil made me do it". The Bay seller hyped the serial number but I managed to buy it at a good price for a common date circulated gold $5 much to the seller's disappointment.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A friend from the coin club carved this one on a half-dollar sized nickel token blank...

Anyone have anything else coin and Halloween related???? >>

NICE!!!!!!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone have anything else coin and Halloween related???? >>

Closest thing I've got:

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Barber image

imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one just got back from PCGS... and I guess it fits for the holiday image

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Barber image

imageimage >>

That's awesome!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always think of this old favorite at Halloween.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A friend from the coin club carved this one on a half-dollar sized nickel token blank...

Anyone have anything else coin and Halloween related???? >>

way cool image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    That's a bad ass hobo. Scary even. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • stashstash Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    This image has nothing to do with coins, just my haunted cabinet door [URL=http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/stash38/media/66_zps1843139f.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had "toned" a pumpkin (in a mint bag with other pumpkins) and put it out front of the house. Would of taken a picture and posted it, but was stolen off the porch. Suspect it was "stolen" by an AH.image
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is one with a planchet full moon:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file