Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coins.....................on Thursday Night Football!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
As incomprehensible as it is to believe they just showed a clip of a Denver Mint worker loading what looked like Nickel planchets from a hopper into a press as the game announcer over-dubbed. I almost felt like I was there. Had I not seen it I wouldn't have believed it.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that. Then the announcer had to spoil it by saying that the Denver Mint makes MILLIONS of coins per year.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it too! Was a nice diversion from what looks to be another Broncos win.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that. They looked like quarters to me.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denver is on a roll, alright. Making them too.
    Lance.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're on a roll, but do they have it in the bag yet?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    That game sure kept me on edge...NOT!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    oh, I get it!! image can someone post the score at the end of the first Quarter?
  • Options

<< <i>oh, I get it!! image can someone post the score at the end of the first Quarter? >>

Nobody struck in the first quarter.

14-7 Denver at the end of the half.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see that the Mint is not the only thing in Denver that is on a roll. My favorite team is also. If the Broncos make it back to the Superbowl next February I hope they do not get stomped again (like they have 5 out of 7 times in the past). Go Broncos.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Getting excited over a two second clip of the Denver Mint during a Denver NFL game is in certain ways similar to a keyboard jockey falling head over heels because a cute girl chatted with him when he was in line at Wendy's. It's great they showed a shot of the Mint but don't get too excited because they show clips of almost everything imaginable. When there were Monday night games at Candlestick they often showed videos of Dungeness crabs being cooked at Fishermans' Wharf.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Getting excited over a two second clip of the Denver Mint during a Denver NFL game is in certain ways similar to a keyboard jockey falling head over heels because a cute girl chatted with him when he was in line at Wendy's. It's great they showed a shot of the Mint but don't get too excited because they show clips of almost everything imaginable. When there were Monday night games at Candlestick they often showed videos of Dungeness crabs being cooked at Fishermans' Wharf. >>

You remind me of the late Andy Rooney. Except without the charm. Or the humor.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Getting excited over a two second clip of the Denver Mint during a Denver NFL game is in certain ways similar to a keyboard jockey falling head over heels because a cute girl chatted with him when he was in line at Wendy's. It's great they showed a shot of the Mint but don't get too excited because they show clips of almost everything imaginable. When there were Monday night games at Candlestick they often showed videos of Dungeness crabs being cooked at Fishermans' Wharf. >>

You remind me of the late Andy Rooney. Except without the charm. Or the humor. >>

Not intended to be humorous. It is an observation. When coins are mentioned so seldomly in the mainstream you can't help but clutch on to whatever straws you can. It's the same way many male forum members interact with the very few women forum members we have here: when one posts photos (especially of herself) this entire forum goes gaga.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    When there were Monday night games at Candlestick they often showed videos of Dungeness crabs being cooked at Fishermans' Wharf.

and your point is lost on me although the observation about what happens when someone like Lucybop happens to post is spot on, I have never understood it. to the point of the Mint clip, I hope you will excuse us for having a "geek" moment. I would be willing to bet that any collector watching that game who saw the clip perked up when they realized what it was and said, if only to themselves, "Hey, that's the Denver Mint!!"

I just thought it was a cool thing to see.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file