Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Verification app

SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know there is an app for Coinfacts, and have downloaded it. Is there an app for the Cert Verification? If so, does anyone know what is the name to be looking for at the Apple App store? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have the Cert Verif page linked as a home page on my I-Phone.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if they would tie in scan capability with the Cert Verification page.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It would be great if they would tie in scan capability with the Cert Verification page. >>

that is weird, i thought they had quite a while back? so what comes up when a barcode on a pcgs holder is scanned?

my phone has this feature but apparently the lens/camera or whatever is too low quality to scan most barcodes.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this for NGC coins, but do not recall ever seeing it for PCGS coins.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    NGC does. PCGS to my knowledge does not.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i see where i've gone awry.

you are asking if there is a specific app for the cert verification page to come up? but are you talking about scanning the coin(s) or just manually entering the cert number on the cert page?

if you are just entering the cert manually, you don't need no stinkin' app. just creating an icon/shortcut/bookmark on your phone and click it and it will open right to that page. i have one for coinfacts,

coinflation (awesome btw), vamworld, heritage, dictionary.com, pop reports etc, etc. just 1 touch and viola.

so the question remains, what happens when you scan a barcode on a pcgs holder and how does that result differ from the one you are trying to achieve?

i do remember this being discussed numerous times but i'm not that dedicated to the cause just now.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised that they don't have this yet. Barcode image algorithms are pretty standard...
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.

if you are just entering the cert manually, you don't need no stinkin' app. just creating an icon/shortcut/bookmark on your phone and click it and it will open right to that page. >>

This is very true. The PCGS mobile site has three options, View Full Site, Cert Verification and Order Status. It would be very cool if when Cert Verification is selected you had the choice of manually entering the cert number or to scan the bar code to access the Cert Verification page. This would be much handier if you were attending a show. Scanning is much faster and sometimes more accurate that manually entering 7-8 numbers, especially if you have fat fingers that may not be as agile as they once were.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file