Home U.S. Coin Forum

New CC Seated half purchase

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think I may have found something else to collect image Comments welcome.

imageimage

Used the Illuminate feature under the Enhance category on Photobucket.

imageimage

Another attempt.

imageimage
World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you have made a very good choice, collecting Liberty Seated halves, particularly like that one. Next thing you know you will join the Liberty Seated Collectors Club and start comparing notes with like minded collectors you will meet there. pretty soon you will be hooked image.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the Morgan series but it seems every date and mm is always available in nearly every grade, all the time. At least with this series you have to search around for that look you want.
  • I used to own that one! I bought her raw off eBay and I think she graded PCGS AU55.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I enjoy the Morgan series but it seems every date and mm is always available in nearly every grade, all the time. At least with this series you have to search around for that look you want. >>

That is why you go DMPL!

Seated material is great and I could see it being highly addictive. They image great too!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I enjoy the Morgan series but it seems every date and mm is always available in nearly every grade, all the time. At least with this series you have to search around for that look you want. >>

Drats...more competition.image

Its a excellent series, though.

Id say she's a AU55 too. Nice coin. A few weeks ago I picked up an 1877-CC in about the same grade level as that one.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i could see it in an au58 or ms63 holder
    it's like an au58 on a 63 reverse

does this image reflect color temperature of actual coin...or is it a lil muted towards the grey side?
    is there muted luster hiding in this image type presented?

makes me want to ask...does it cartwheel?

tough image to get a grip on

very sweet example...all around pleasing
    early C.C. seated...in mint or close to state...what's not to like hereimage

makes me miss my lowly lil 70-cc dollar with a g6 obv and vg8 reverse...most laffed at in the 80's
    even moved to carson city for a long part of my travels in life

it just added to the whole carson city coin collector in me who had like 20 of their gold examples too

but yeah
    break it down a lil...background we can't see in this "detail image"
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blu62vette - I guess what I meant was no more common material, I don't need another 83CC in 63 or an 80S, unless the price is ridiculously cheap.

GoldenEyeNumismatics - You have a heck of an eye. Were the raw images good enough to determine it would straight grade?

coinJP - Yes, you have more competition, Todd will also get sucked into the SH vortex image

lasvegasteddy - The coin when tilted possess some glimmer, there is luster. This was shot straight on which gives it a flat gun metal grey appearance. Does it cart-whee? Kinda sorta, it has more pizzazz than the image suggests.

I love the design for the artistry and it's a CC to boot. I'm currently negotiating for another 76CC in a Capitol holder but this one isn't cheap, it's all of 63 or better. Will definitely post it if and when I get it. The image is a straight graded 55, in current PCGS plastic.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the return input

i suspected it had more pizzazz then as imaged
    held up great for what lil traveling she did too

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I may have found something else to collect Comments welcome.

I just got into Liberty Seated halves myself a little over a year ago - you and I are just more competition for a very small supply of problem-free pieces, so if you enjoy the hunt it's going to be a blast! You're off to a good start.

Speaking of Liberty Seated halves, a large collection of decent-looking pieces just became available on one of David Lawrence Rare Coins' 12-day auctions. Very little activity on it so far, surprisingly.
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin.

I dabbled in the series for a couple of years then gave up, acquiring about 40 different dates/mm's, focusing on crusty examples:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019 1:52PM
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking coin and a CC as well....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file