Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It's slow - Now Taking New Mint Website Complaints Here

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
1) for instance this "slow script" error is still a problem

This is the script in this particular error message:

<< <i>http://fast.fonts.net/jsapi/71d67b97-f156-4a8c-9b3c-41629ca7cd6b.js:36 >>

Is this the same script ( 71d67b97-f156-4a8c-9b3c-41629ca7cd6b.js ) for everyone and for every time is pops up? (so far, it has been the same script for me)

2) I notice there is no such thing as a cancel box anymore. How do you cancel anything? call only?

3) the emails that come no longer have the order number in the subject line. it is much easier to find that one order if it were there.

4) the order emails arrive slower than before. (the text only emails were fine)

5) The tracking numbers are no longer on the order page?

6) And if they know what is inside the box by tracking number, then why can't that be displayed on the order page?

7) there is only 1 platinum product, but the drop menu for "coins" should say "Gold Coins" "Silver Coins" and "Platinum Coins." Similarly, either change the name from "Proof Sets" to "Mint Sets," or add "Uncirculated Sets" and "Silver Proof Sets"

8) since the site seems slower than the last one, disaggregate the gold, silver and platinum eagle coins under the "coin programs" menu into 3 separate entries

9) day 1 of the platinum eagle release and it is not the first coin displayed when "What's New" is selected. In fact, it's not listed at all.

10) day 1 of the platinum eagle release and the displayed price was $1600 but adding it to the cart showed $1650 in the cart. Why isn't the pricing info on the product page being pulled from the same database that the shopping cart uses?

11) under the "Product Type" filter, there is an entry for "Bag" but not one for "Roll"

12) the front end organization of the previous website was much more intuitive and thus easier to navigate. If sticking with this organization is the plan, and I hope it isn't, consider adding sub-menus.

13) where is the past order history? Many use this to establish cost basis for reporting to your friends in the IRS. I can't see mine before late July 2014.

14) there is a lag time (a recent order took 15 minutes) after an order is placed and when it appears on the order list page. (i.e. the new orders do not appear right away) Couple that with slow order emails, and that is a double problem. Then, add that some may double or triple order thinking their order is not placed, and you are going to have the triple problem of some extra calls to deal with.

15) I called to cancel an order containing 2 line items. Both line items were cancelled but the order shows "On Hold" and "$4.95" for the shipping as the current total, instead of "Cancelled" and "$0.00" Many minutes later (15?), the order shows cancelled. Another lag time problem. Many, Many minutes later the $4.95 shipping charge is zeroed out.

16) No email has been received to reflect the cancellation of the order in #15 above. Over 45 minutes has elapsed and no email.

14,15,16 - part 2) entered second order. Acknowledgement came essentially right away. The email with the line items showing the products came about 13 minutes later, but the order has not shown up online and it has been over an hour. I just called to cancel it entirely and the phone rep said I should have received a cancellation email just after they cancelled it! I have yet to receive a cancellation email from the first cancelled order from #15 and that has been over an hour and a half. I hope order part #2 is really cancelled because I can't see it in the online system!

17) What kind of use?

<< <i>By making an online purchase, you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years old, and you are opting-in to certain collections and uses of your personal data. For more information, including our authority to collect your data, please see our Privacy Policy. >>

18) In the order email and specifically for the 2014 Native American dollar boxes, the mint locations for each of the P box and D box both show "headquarters." One is Philadelphia, the other is Denver. If it is not to be displayed how about a plain empty space?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    It is very slow to load and navigate even during off hours. It will be impossible to use to order the silver halves. I can't believe this is the new upgrade they boasted about? Are they done with the upgrade?
  • Options
    WHPRATTWHPRATT Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    That browser dialog box looks dated - what version of Explorer are you running?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That browser dialog box looks dated - what version of Explorer are you running? >>

I saved it as a gif, so the image and colors are funky looking.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've given up on the US mint and don't plan to help them fix their debacle.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen Item #1 just yet and I haven't really ordered anything yet BUT I do not know that I care for the layout as finding something requires dumping all knowledge of the previous web page and figuring out the new one.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan just yet.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    If you use the "Disconnect" web tracking utility, you have to unblock tracking sites to be able to process order.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file