Home U.S. Coin Forum

3 years on eBay at $1695 no sale NOW he raises price to $2195!

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• PQueuePQueue Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
    What is so unbelievable?

Why don't you "Make Offer" if you want it?
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to assume he's playing poker with the watchers and eventually one side will give in.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    hmm you never know sales is a funny industry. I once had a guitar listed for $2100 for a few months, no bites. Then I raised the price to $2400 and it sold within 72 hours. There are actually many, many examples in all areas of retail/sales where someone raised their prices and sales increased. It's a strange tactic but it works sometimes.

I think the psychology is that when the price is too low, the buyer starts to doubt the true value of the item, but when the price is higher the buyer says "hmm it must be valuable because it's so expensive" and is more likely to buy.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be 10% ebay buck time. There is a coin I have been watching at 1099, 10% day and he raises it to 1199. Pass.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    psyche

… believe.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Not unusual on a rare piece. Mark it to perceived market is a solid business move.
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's gotta make something for those 3 years.

Tom

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a nice VF-ish Landscape Vermont with a hole. I was happy to get $500.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could buy better, but you couldn't pay more. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this before where the BIN moves higher after awhile and the item sells.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think every Vermont collector looks on eBay, from noobs to pros cherrypicking R32s ..... We've all seen that holey coin at least a thousand times. It's a hole, yet read the flowery verbiage he tries to make into an historical attribute. Yeah.... right
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a rare variety? We can buy one on ebay graded with no hole for much less...
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very small group that want holed coins. image
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think every Vermont collector looks on eBay, from noobs to pros cherrypicking R32s ..... We've all seen that holey coin at least a thousand times. It's a hole, yet read the flowery verbiage he tries to make into an historical attribute. Yeah.... right >>

Yeah, I love those phrases "carefully holed", and "strong date".
    Good fantasy. :-)
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat holey, even if it is nosebleed-priced.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>hmm you never know sales is a funny industry. I once had a guitar listed for $2100 for a few months, no bites. Then I raised the price to $2400 and it sold within 72 hours. There are actually many, many examples in all areas of retail/sales where someone raised their prices and sales increased. It's a strange tactic but it works sometimes.

I think the psychology is that when the price is too low, the buyer starts to doubt the true value of the item, but when the price is higher the buyer says "hmm it must be valuable because it's so expensive" and is more likely to buy. >>

This is true. One of our local markets was selling canned goods one week for .97 each. The next week they put them out and advertised in their weekly flyer 10 for $10. People bought them without any hesitation. All in the marketing.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i'm with ya here ambro
    strange one
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the Pawn Stars revenue isn't what it used to be? image
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    I've also seen coins languish only to sell after the price is raised. Go figure.
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 69 bug with a blown oil seal for $600 in the recycler for 3 weeks, Free adds automatically
    cancel after 3 weeks and I had to rewrite it, this time for a grand, I sold it that day for a grand image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file