Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So....withoutsearching ebay seller antics.....

leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
.......does the seller have the option of not having hover magnification of their coins. I see this as a detriment decision in getting their coins sold. When you can't see the coin, why bother? What you say/

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, but it is annoying as all heck when they don't magnify
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    It has to do with the original resolution and size of the photo the seller uploads. It automatically allows magnification if the photo is big enough. It is the sellers fault if there is no magnification as it means they didn't upload a big enough photo.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget about magnification. What about the purveyors of counterfeits who routinely post pictures of their garbage shot an angle to distort the image in order to hide the problems with their offering. ANY TIME you sell a photo that is shot at an angle like that as the only image of the item, you should STAY AWAY. And yet time after time we sell multiple bids for this trash. If they were not able to sell this, they would not keep offering it, but it's obvious that enough of it sticks to make it worthwhile for them to continue.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have suggested to ebay that mouse over feature be mandatory. This would help reduce problems between
    buyers and sellers and returns and negs.

Use this LINK and click on CONTACT on the
    right side. Let them know what you think.

It would sure help SNAD's and returns all that are hassles and problems that affect the bottom line of ebay.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a medicine to allow some who would buy to get some common sense when viewing images of coins? I've used angles just to get an image of a coin with mirrored surfaces without my mug,camera in hand, in the shot.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Forget about magnification. What about the purveyors of counterfeits who routinely post pictures of their garbage shot an angle to distort the image in order to hide the problems with their offering. ANY TIME you sell a photo that is shot at an angle like that as the only image of the item, you should STAY AWAY. And yet time after time we sell multiple bids for this trash. If they were not able to sell this, they would not keep offering it, but it's obvious that enough of it sticks to make it worthwhile for them to continue. >>

It's also done on many spotted Silver American Eagles. Asking questions gets some pretty vague answerers and no bid from some.image

BTW images that are not large enough gets the seller a email from eBay saying to upgrade the image is all.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there a medicine to allow some who would buy to get some common sense when viewing images of coins? I've used angles just to get an image of a coin with mirrored surfaces without my mug,camera in hand, in the shot. >>

Angled shots of coin with mirrored surfaces when they are used in combination with straight on shots are okay, BUT if angled shots are ALL that you post, then you are probably up to something.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the long side of an image is less than 800 pixels wide, the zoom feature is turned off and the image resized to proportionally fit into a 500x500 box. So if you upload a 799x799 image, it will become 500x500 with no way to enlarge it. Anything with a long side of 800+ pixels will have the zoom automatically turned on.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell you folks how many times I've had to make contact with ebay sellers their pictures are not enlarging. And I always thought it was an option of sort but here, it's the sellers fault with sizing their pics and not some game their playing, avoiding scrutiny.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file