Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: Mom just had a stroke about an hour ago

Please pray for her, she lives on opposite side of country(I'm in California and she's in Florida). I don't know how bad it is and she's sedated right now. My sister already is on a plane and I told my boss so he knows I might need to leave. So far I'm in the dark and worried about her.
Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
type2,CCHunter.

Comments

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    We're praying for her.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Our prayers are with you and her and we hope all goes well.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear the news. Will be praying for your mom.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for the best for her, it's not fun.
    Yes some of us have been there.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sedated sounds hopeful. Better than the OR. Hopefully it's minor!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Best wishes to you, your Mother, and your family.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, my sister is gonna be there at 11:45 tonight and other then that the hospital hasn't really been helpful. I'm hoping power of payer will be her saving grace, its been a tough year and she needs a break.
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, crap. I'm sorry to hear that, michiganboy. Hang in there and think of your best times with her. Stay positive.
    Lance.
  • Options
    Saddest part for me right now, is I haven't seen her in 17 years since I left the nest and she remarried after she left my biological dad. Hench the long distance from me to her. We talk regularly and that's good, but I am really a mess right now in my head because of that. Me and my sister have been trying to help her to be healthy but most times she redirects the problems and now she's in the hospital. Man I wish I could turn back time, life is short and I am really torn over this.

I hope when I get the chance to talk to her she is cohernat and is not set back to infentile levels. Sorry for the misspellings.
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, so sorry to hear. I can relate with not having family nearby, it's a bummer for sure. My wife and I have your family in our prayers.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just said a prayer. Hope she recovers fully.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got it!
    Wishing the best!

I went through this (mom & stroke) about 14 years ago and just went through mom & hospitalization for COPD last week/this week.
    I know what it is like.

Do what you need to do and sending the good vibes your way!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just asked in Prayer for her speedy and full recovery and may God Bless you and yours in this time being. Keep your Spirits up Brother.

Erik
  • Options
    My other half went through this with the death of grandma.

"Why am I here?"

The Asian families are tight but the father's death forced the kids out of the nest. In the US, kids are expected to be out of the nest. Anyway, could you helicopter parent your mom's health if you did live nearby?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Many of us have been there before.

My best wishes to you and your mom.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear, michiganboy. I hope she has a full and quick recovery.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Praying for your moms complete and quick full recovery.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayer sent. I hope the recovery is fast & complete. All the best to everyone.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's on my prayer list as you, family, and all forum members and their families remain.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    will add prayers for sure. a speeedy recovery for her
  • Options
    Many things can now be done for those that have a stroke so keep hope alive!
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers are out to you and your
    family. I'm praying that she has a
    speedy recovery. Good luck !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Just an update for everyone, she's still basically sleping the had to give her adivan(not spelled right I know) to keep her from moving around for the MRI. The doctor went to the VP of the hospital because I think they gave her to much as she is still out after a day. She has some facial drooping and weakness in her arm and possible speech problems. Mostly everything is really unknown at this point cause she still out of it.
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    Ahhhh. At least she's alive and it can't be so severe if there is some speech

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like she is in very good hands.....I feel a very successful recovery for Mom is in order.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will keep her in my prayers.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Hoping for the best for your mom.

Grandmother had a stroke and still lived to her late nineties.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she makes a full recovery.
  • Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and your mom are in our prayers, hang in there and dont beat yourself up.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for the best for your mom.
    Sounds like she's being well cared for.
    Take care as well.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    Well got off the phone with my sister and found out they where not suppose to give her ativan at all, but valium. Not only did someone give her the wrong drug order but they gave her 19mg of something that looks like from what i'm reading should be starting at 1-4mg and has a high history of causing strokes in women in her age group. She was still really unresponsive even at 10pm their time and going down for a CT scan and my sister said she seemed worse. Throw in another round of prayer for her cause it is not sounding good to me right now at all.
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    I hope to ---- they are treating her for an OD!

• Options
    I am very sorry to hear about the mix up in medication, some of the issues could be related to the medication so let her get past that part and then see what is happening. Many times they can find a blockage and remove it and she would have a full recovery after that. I am sure everyone is thinking positively for your mom and your family and it will help for you to do the same. Keep us up to date and I hope your night goes better from here.
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    My prayers have been sent....and I wish your mom the best in a full recovery.
  • Options
    How's things?

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for sure!!! I hope that all turns out welll!!image

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Saddest part for me right now, is I haven't seen her in 17 years since I left the nest and she remarried after she left my biological dad. Hench the long distance from me to her. We talk regularly and that's good, but I am really a mess right now in my head because of that. Me and my sister have been trying to help her to be healthy but most times she redirects the problems and now she's in the hospital. Man I wish I could turn back time, life is short and I am really torn over this.

I hope when I get the chance to talk to her she is cohernat and is not set back to infentile levels. Sorry for the misspellings. >>

What are you waiting for, get on the next flight out and go see her....
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    Update, shes wrote a few words, sat up a few times, nods to questions and smiles. Bad parts still no speech and not able to swallow.
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I prayed for your mom. I am sure you will keep her bathed in prayer and my hope is that prayer, good therapy, and a good outlook on her part will work to bring much of her capabilities back.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to go through, I hope she recovers quickly.... you really should go see her. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    "you really should go see her"

What Ricko said.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Update, shes wrote a few words, sat up a few times, nods to questions and smiles. Bad parts still no speech and not able to swallow. >>

Give your Mom time......She's on the mend slowly but surely.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Been there already...one thing to remember, the Doctors do ALL they can to improve a stroke victims recovery.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Update, shes wrote a few words, sat up a few times, nods to questions and smiles. Bad parts still no speech and not able to swallow. >>

The most dangerous part is not being able to swallow. . best prayers
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"you really should go see her"

What Ricko said. >>

+ another...

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    Hopefully more things return over time. They'll probably come slowly. The docs probably are still keeping her on a low stress low energy expenditure path so the brain can recover.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file