Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What Meatloaf said about Crossovers...

"Two out of three ain't bad" but three out of three on my first Crossover attempt is even better. I took advantage of the Crossover special to submit three of my favorite coins with the minimum grade accepted as CURRENT. All three were CAC coins that passed to PCGS at grade. It wasn't cheap but I am pleased with the results, and the True View photos are great to have. I just discovered that all three coins are now pictured in PCGS Coinfacts as examples for their grade.
1. $5 1861 PCGS AU58 from NGC 58 CAC
2. $10 1862 PCGS AU55 from NGC 55 CAC
3. $20 1851-O PCGS AU53 from NGC 53 CAC
Comments welcome.

Comments

• Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Holy cow. Great coins!
    Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great results....I like all three. You have them in the right holder now.image
  • Options
    dagman100dagman100 Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Wow! Great looking coins. I especially like the 51-O. Looking for one myself.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins!!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice gold! very nice. i am really liking that 51-O.
  • Options
    BroweBrowe Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Impressive, well done
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!! When did PCGS get the coins? Asking cuz I am doing the same crossover special myselfimage
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice!! When did PCGS get the coins? Asking cuz I am doing the same crossover special myselfimage >>

July15th. I don't have them in hand yet, but I got the grades and photos.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Very nice!! When did PCGS get the coins? Asking cuz I am doing the same crossover special myselfimage >>

July15th. I don't have them in hand yet, but I got the grades and photos. >>

Those are great results! Have submitted two myself for crossover that were received on 7/17. Maybe next week!
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice coins that are solid for grade generally cross-over. PCGS likes nice coins in their holders. You have some very nice gold there.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that 1851-O!
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al,

These are fantastic coins. Always loved the 62.
  • Options
    Now that I have time to look things up, I see that all three coins are now pictured in Coinfacts. Three for three, a good submission.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look gorgeous.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    CAC strikes again. Have to admit, I am *slowly* growing more fond of the jelly beans. Great coins speak for themselves though!

The coinfacts image thing is a great honor in my opinion. To be chosen to represent the grade. So cool. Have an awesome weekend man!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    you can get them re-stickered for $3 per coin. i don't know how important that is to you, but it might be good if you ever resell them. you may already know this, but just in case...

anyway, i came back for a second look. nice gold!
  • Options

<< <i>you can get them re-stickered for $3 per coin. i don't know how important that is to you, but it might be good if you ever resell them. you may already know this, but just in case...

anyway, i came back for a second look. nice gold! >>

They will definitely re-visit CAC, but I don't think that it's considered a re-sticker as they have different certification numbers. But photos of the coins in the old holders should help.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'd look good cracked out in a type set, too.

But don't let your meat loaf
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice gold image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>you can get them re-stickered for $3 per coin. i don't know how important that is to you, but it might be good if you ever resell them. you may already know this, but just in case...

They will definitely re-visit CAC, but I don't think that it's considered a re-sticker as they have different certification numbers. But photos of the coins in the old holders should help. >>

oh yeah, you're right. i don't know what i was thinking. when i have crossed in the past, i usually send the ngc labels in to cac so they can remove them from their pop reports. you're right though...new holder = 12.50.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

They will definitely re-visit CAC, but I don't think that it's considered a re-sticker as they have different certification numbers. But photos of the coins in the old holders should help. >>

oh yeah, you're right. i don't know what i was thinking. when i have crossed in the past, i usually send the ngc labels in to cac so they can remove them from their pop reports. you're right though...new holder = 12.50. >>

Does PCGS return the NGC labels on successful crossovers? If they do, I will include them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file