Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

San Diego Coinaram This weekend July 26th and 27th

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
The 57th annual San Diego Coinaram is this weekend which is the largest coin show in beautiful San Diego.

Come by and say hi and talk error coins with me at table 48.

Comments

• Options
    dagman100dagman100 Posts: 147 ✭✭
    I was thinking of it but I am hearing traffic from Comic Con is horrible all over San Diego. I will check the traffic reports tomorrow (Saturday) but today was a mess.
  • Options

<< <i>I was thinking of it but I am hearing traffic from Comic Con is horrible all over San Diego. I will check the traffic reports tomorrow (Saturday) but today was a mess. >>

Comic Con is no where near Mission Valley in San Diego. Traffic is always light in San Diego on weekends. There will be NO traffic problems at Coinarama.

On a side note, a friend of my daughter's was hit by a car today in the comic con traffic and luckily he was not hurt.
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to goto comic con since 1987 but stopped in 2010 cause its just gotten so crowded and nuts. Really dont miss it :/
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I was thinking of it but I am hearing traffic from Comic Con is horrible all over San Diego. I will check the traffic reports tomorrow (Saturday) but today was a mess. >>

Comic Con is no where near Mission Valley in San Diego. Traffic is always light in San Diego on weekends. There will be NO traffic problems at Coinarama.

On a side note, a friend of my daughter's was hit by a car today in the comic con traffic and luckily he was not hurt. >>

Living in Encinitas and working in San Diego I can vouch this is simply not accurate.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Set-up starts in an hour .....

See you there.

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I was originally planning to go on Saturday afternoon but that changed. I'm headed to South Dakota for a non coin trip so I won't be there this year.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

Only in the area near the convention center and the show provides shuttles from most hotels. The coin show is not in that area.

What's scarier is the number of overweight grown men walking around downtown in colorful spandex. Some of what you see is enough to replace the boogeyman in your nightmares.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a very busy show so far today - be sure to stop by and say hi!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Erik
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    Well, how was the show???
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not doing a regular show report this time since I'm headed to Chicago on Friday and will be doing a massive photo report for that show. However, I can tell you that from all the dealers I spoke with, Saturday was a very busy day, with lots of traffic and sales. Of course, today, Sunday, was much more sparse, but I still had a good day selling wise. I did happen to find a nice off center Indian cent in AU condition, though it is a bit crusty and has some verdigris that I think can be removed. ComiCon didn't seem to have any effect on the show, though all us dealers who spend the night in San Diego really wish to show could be on a different weekend so we don't have to pay 3 times the usual amount for a hotel!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made the two hour drive from LA to the show today. Seemed like a typical Sunday on a two day show. Bought a couple cool coins though, including a toned 45 Lincoln partial collar strike from ErrorsOnCoins.
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports...I couldn't make it this weekend, but plan on going to the Arcadia show, which is next month. Happy and safe travels, Charmy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file