Home U.S. Coin Forum

Alright, eBay...

FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll sell something cheap.

Comments

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch out many of the promotions they do don't include coins. I did not get this one so I haven't seen the fine print.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To be eligible for eBay Bucks, the item(s) must be listed during the Promotion Listing Period, and for the additional eBay Bucks, the item(s) must sell by August 7, 2014. An item is defined as sold when it is paid for in full by a buyer. >>

Someone's going to get an NPB and get screwed by the fine print.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder what is going to stop some from listing 4 stupid items for a buck and have a buddy buy them and pay?
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder what is going to stop some from listing 4 stupid items for a buck and have a buddy buy them and pay? >>

whos to say, go for it.
  • jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    Wow... that is probably the best Bucks Offer ever.. I didn't get it image
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Yawn
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    none for me!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Might as well, I don't think that would violate the terms of their promotion. image

I miss the eBay days where the "ghost in a jar" was offered. Good stuff!
    I'm pretty sure "shill bidding" is a violation of all their promotional terms.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I wouldn't consider FadeToBlack's plan shilling whatsoever. It's to the letter of eBay's laws, such as they've set them out in this promotion. image
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm pretty sure "shill bidding" is a violation of all their promotional terms. >>

How is buying an item "Shill Bidding"? Do you even know what it means?
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local pick-up does not need a label.
    Well be a hoot if he's outbid.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why exactly, but I have this funny gut feeling eBay is headed for bankruptcy over the next few years.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still nothing

although I did get free listings until the end of the month except BINs in:
    the following categories for fixed price listings only: Antiques (20081), Art (550), Baby (2984), Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (11450), Coins & Paper Money (11116), Collectibles (1), Dolls & Bears (237), Entertainment Memorabilia (45100), Health & Beauty (26395), Jewelry & Watches (281), Pottery & Glass (870), Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop (64482), Stamps (260), and Toys & Hobbies (220).

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know why exactly, but I have this funny gut feeling eBay is headed for bankruptcy over the next few years. >>

Ladies and gentlemen, uninformed comment of the day. I dare you to short their stock. >>

Did not receive that offer and have auctions starting tonightimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Only free listings offer which I get every month. image

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm pretty sure "shill bidding" is a violation of all their promotional terms. >>

How is buying an item "Shill Bidding"? Do you even know what it means? >>

It was my understanding that these were 99¢ auctions, not BIN. If they are auctions, then yes, eBay defines a shill bidder as anyone who knows the seller personally or has a personal connection to their account. Even if that individual ends up winning the auction, the account can still be penalized. If these are BIN then I guess it does not apply does it. But someone else besides me also read this as an auction listing because I recall a comment like 'it would be funny if the friend was outbid.'

If you have to ask, that probably means it's not OK. No offense intended to FadeToBlack. My comment was meant as a friendly advisement not a criticism.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know why exactly, but I have this funny gut feeling eBay is headed for bankruptcy over the next few years. >>

Ladies and gentlemen, uninformed comment of the day. I dare you to short their stock. >>

That's the same reaction people had when this was said about Lucent Technologies. image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    That's a good promotion if they offer it to you.

Ed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file