Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ran across my old Coin Demon Newsletters today...

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fun to see my ad in there…

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Hmm. Interesting tie in! Garlic would not ward you off - Taco Bell napkin? image
    I can see you making an appraisal - "one coin, ah ah ah, two coins ah ah ah..."

Just kidding. Always been a Mr. Eureka fan!

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Count of Coins...... I like it. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm. Interesting tie in! Garlic would not ward you off - Taco Bell napkin? image
    I can see you making an appraisal - "one coin, ah ah ah, two coins ah ah ah..."

Just kidding. Always been a Mr. Eureka fan!

Best wishes,
    Eric >>

That cracked me up.
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be tough making a living if you can only get to coin shows held in the evening.
    I suggest hiring an Elvira look-alike to 'assist' you with your customers.image
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Your Everyday Bloodsucker... That's still to be determined as I've never caught you eating food at a show! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe you stopped using this approach.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That might work on Craigslist if you offer massages.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That might work on Craigslist if you offer massages. >>

That might conflict with ColonelJessup's neck & back massage show performances imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • In the really old days (not in any movies), if one of theses creatures was pursuing you, and if you knew you stuff, you'd reach into your pocket and throw a handful of mustard seeds on the ground in a wide dispersal pattern. The vampire is compelled to stop and count them all, a task that should take until sunrise.

It seems these days you throw...mustard stains? image

Eric
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soo.....Collectors should have packets of mustard seeds on hand to throw at dealers, in order to avoid getting skinned?
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]

• << <i>Soo.....Collectors should have packets of mustard seeds on hand to throw at dealers, in order to avoid getting skinned? >>

Maybe, but mustard stains, not seeds - keep up with modern science man!
    But in this case it's not necessary; this particular "bloodsucker" poses no threat in that way. image
    You can "count" on him.

Eric
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What year was that?
  • I would guess your average vampire stopped responding to mustard seed at the middle of the 19th century, after Varney the Vampire and such penny dreadfulls. Varney did not mind garlic for example.

Eric
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to enjoy writing for the Coin Demon Newsletter!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Count of Coins'...... I like that... excellent title...Change your title to that one......Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file