That would be so cool.
Regards, Larry

Comments

• mrkbrown87mrkbrown87 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭
    Man that would be amazing.
    Mark Brown

Hoard the keys
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like that very much..... did it happen? Or is this just wishful thinking and staged? Cheers, RickO
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, I would like that very much..... did it happen? Or is this just wishful thinking and staged? Cheers, RickO >>

You're correct!
    One g, not two!

If two g's would have meant:

stagged, stag·ging, stags
    To attend a social gathering unaccompanied by a partner. Used especially of men.

I learn something from RickO each and every time!

peacockcoins

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice photos. yes, would be cool to find an old register with actual contents intact from the period.

that looks like junk+ bulk coins and well searched

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Bossman88Bossman88 Posts: 638 ✭✭

This was totally staged on my part.
    I happen to be a newly appointed member to the board of trustee at a nearby historical museum.
    I noticed this old cash register being setup in an exhibit and asked if I could fill it with some old coins and take pictures for the fun of it.
    Just wondering what it may have looked like before it was donated to our museum.

Regards, Larry
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry, that's one of the coolest things I've seen on this forum. Well done! image
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very cool post. Takes me back to the old grocery store we went to when I was a kid. wood floors, butcher blocks worn down from all the chopping, and the manual cash register. They would deliver, too, in a truck that looked like it was made in the 30's.
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭
    That's cool. I thought the denominations would be in reverse order of what you pictured (cents on the left). Does anyone know?
  • That is neat! When I worked in my old pool room we had a till like that and the old hand stamp-clock time-in-out card thing. We had a safe that matched the till - huge, black, heavy with gold leaf writing on it. I am sure it is still there. No one remember those stamped cards anymore - all computers now, even the lights.

Eric

We only used one key on the till.
  • crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Clearly staged as there are no Lincolns but cool pictures
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this thread! image
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool ole register! That would be a cool thing to find!!
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • sawyerjoshsawyerjosh Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    Should be Lincoln's not Indian Head cents in there---staged.
    As a seller: USARarities, acloco, coindudeonebay, Twinturbo, MICHAELDIXON, blu62vette, mothra454, LukeMarshall, USARarities
    As a buyer: QualityCurrencycom, tychojoe, AurumMiner, Collectorcoins, perfectstrike, ModCrewman, LeeBone, nickel, REALGATOR, MICHAELDIXON, pointfivezero, Walkerguy21D
    Trades: georgiacop50
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Cool,Bossman! You've certainly burst the minds of us collectors. You made us think," man,what if ..." You put us in that state of mind experiencing to confront a pleasant situation! We can only dream,right?-joeyimage

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when Money was real!
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as staged, there is NO WAY the little old lady running that register would have that much cash in there back then. Let's say it's 1935, and you have $200 in the till, that is about $3500 inflation adjusted!

This is still very cool!!

• << <i>That's cool. I thought the denominations would be in reverse order of what you pictured (cents on the left). Does anyone know? >>

That is how we used ours - cents on left.

Eric
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really Cool!

Beautiful antique scroll-work engraving.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the coins would be mixed grades, with some being minty fresh. Probably very few would be worn to Good.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file