Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does or Could Amanda Varner be the model for this $1 Gold ?? -- Women In Numismatics

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't help but start connecting Women in Numismatics to coins.

Would a left facing profile of Amanda Varner look anything like ::

imageimageimage
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Emery May Norweb.

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thank you for the great lead into a Women in Numismatics announcement:

Women in Numismatics is pleased to announce that its speaker at the Central States Numismatic Society’s 75th convention will be Allen Mincho, Director of Currency Auctions at Heritage Auctions. He is slated to speak on National Bank Notes on Thursday, April 24 at 9:00 a.m. in the Serenity Room. We hope that you will attend!

Women in Numismatics will also hold its first social mixer at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 24, at Gather Bar in the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel, site of the CSNS convention. The mixer is open to members, potential members and their guests. Complimentary hors d’oeuvres will available as will a cash bar!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few come to mind... First is our very own Penny Lady... Very knowledgeable in copper stuff has put together an awesome award winning copper display at the shows... Also knows fine wines and puts together the very best show reports on here...
    Then one of my best forum friends Stef or coinsarefun... Very very knowledgeable with all denominations and exomia with an amazing positive attitude... Has an awesome type set that she is currently working on...
    Can`t forget Bonnie Sable from Albanese Rare Coins... She knows great coins and has the talented eye for distinguishing the very top quality... Great personality and ALWAYS has a great smile on her face...
    Last but not least Laura S from Legend is who`s knowledge and savvy approach to the coin industry is UN-matched... Very active in protecting the business and hobby... She is a very hard working on the clock 24/7.....

ABimage
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    ...and let us not forget the auctioneer of the most expensive coin sold to date.

Melissa
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree with Wayne's (AuroraBorealis) assessment of the prominent forum women.... well stated indeed. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The late Florence Schook, long time power in the Michigan State Numismatic Society and the ANA.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Catherine Bullowa, a Philadelphia area dealer for over 60 years.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a few of the post-WWI directors of the U.S. Mint were women: Eva Adams, Mary Brooks, Henrietta Fore, Donna Pope, Nellie Ross, Stella Sims.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Back in the day", when most of the women you saw at shows were merely there to watch the table, and to say "you'll have to wait for my husband to get back to give you a price", Liz Arlin of JJ Teaparty rocked my world, and continues to impress to this day. I then met Mary Sauvain shortly afterward (working for Gary Adkins at the time), and knew then that women were fully capable and on equal (or better) footing with any men in the numismatic field, if they chose to be.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Unconfirmed
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Charmy, you should also post this announcement on the Currency forum here. I'm sure there are a few currency collectors who may be interested in hearing Mincho's presentation.

Matt
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting that no reply dealt with the OP image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>interesting that no reply dealt with the OP image >>

I do believe this thread has done an about face......"Ten-Hut!"
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

ask and maybe she'll pose?

a young lady at one of my banks was looking sideways and she was the quintessential morgan liberty bust, hair and all. perfect fit if ever i saw one. wish i snapped a pic.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's a real lame question.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Because it's a real lame question. >>

Could not agree with you more........this thread has made a U-Turn that leads to a dead end street.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file