Home U.S. Coin Forum

Stormville, NY Airport Flea Market

ChessmanChessman Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭
This is held on a number of holiday three day weekends, the busiest ones are Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day weekends. Two coin dealers were set up with the antique vendor/dealers, Tom Valentino from Cold Spring, NY had a lot of nice coins and currency. Mark Simon, who runs the Wespnex coin shows did not do it this time. Another dealer who is a good friend of his did set up again. I have his pics. but not Tom's. This is a big flea market with lots of food, antique and other varieties of vendors who do their best to make it one of the areas leading open air markets. Though it is not geared to numismatics specifically, I thought I would share for those who live in the NY area.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.... wish it were a tad closer to me....thanks... Cheers, RickO
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of other collectibles are sold there?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been to Brimfield in MA- That is amazing-or least it was years ago

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats cool. did ya score on anything while there?
  • GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the Stormville flea market many times when I used to live in New York State. It was always fun to poke around and look at the occasional odd coin that might show up in a vendor's display case but there was never anything of true numismatic value, except at the seller's booth pictured in the OP's photo.

I remember one vendor who had a circulated Churchill crown for sale for the bargain price of $14, with the price sticker affixed directly to the obverse of the coin. Apparently she thought she had a fish on the line as she offered it to me for the discounted price of $11. I didn't have the heart to tell her that they are as common as dirt and available for a few dollars at most coin shops.

Tom Valentine, who used to have a shop in the Other's Oldies antique store in Cold Spring would occasionally set up at Stormville but I always preferred to visit him at his store. For those of you who might not know, he's moved his store down the hill on the left hand side of the main street to a building containing a number of small antique shops.

Warning to anyone going to Stormville who has not been there before - the traffic is terrible! Plan on waiting in line to get to the flea market parking area for at least a couple of hours if you don't get there early.

• superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭
    I hAd the pleasure to meet Tom today. Very nice guy, had some interesting items, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file