Quick Links:   Collectors Corner | PCGS | PSA | PSE | PSA/DNA | CU | Coinflation

Navigation:

FORUMS > U.S. COIN FORUM [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: What's the highest number of Cherrypickers' Guide Varieties Cherrypicked at one show?
Created On Saturday June 08, 2013 3:13 PM

keyman64
Master Collector

Saturday June 08, 2013 3:13 PM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

Mine is 6:
4 circulated Mercury Dimes, 1 Mint State Mercury Dime, 1 circulated Buffalo Nickel.

-------------------------
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64.

Bottom

Windycity
Expert Collector

Saturday June 08, 2013 3:18 PM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

Well done... my guess is Brian Raines would hold the record... He seems to get loads at every show!!

Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Bottom

keyman64
Master Collector

Saturday June 08, 2013 3:23 PM

<< Well done... my guess is Brian Raines would hold the record... He seems to get loads at every show!! >>

Cool! What series primarily or are there just too many to list? I just focus on one but will pick up a few other coins that I know to check, from time to time.

Bottom

Treashunt
Veteran

Sunday June 09, 2013 3:32 AM

<< Mine is 6:
4 circulated Mercury Dimes, 1 Mint State Mercury Dime, 1 circulated Buffalo Nickel.
>>

uh, what were they?

Frank

BHNC #203

Bottom

koynekwest
Collector

Sunday June 09, 2013 4:06 AM

<< Well done... my guess is Brian Raines would hold the record... He seems to get loads at every show!! >>

Brian's a buddy of mine-I would concur. He's pretty good, especially when it comes to the VAMs. I've seen him cherry probably 25-30 at a show back when it wasn't as hard as it is today.

Bottom

keyman64
Master Collector

Sunday June 09, 2013 7:40 AM

<<

<< Mine is 6:
>>

uh, what were they?
>>

It was about a year or two ago...nothing exciting for sure. Nothing I have sold for killer money. 2 circulated Micro-S, 1 low Mint State Micro S, a circulated 40-S FS-501 and a circulated 43-S FS-501. The non-Merc was a circulated 1938-D/D/D/S FS-511 Buffalo Nickel.

It was better than a kick in the head but nothing to get too excited over. In the next few weeks I have 3 shows I plan to attend and it is my goal to see what I can really do since I have been studying the CPG 5th Edition Vol II. I have a small cheat sheet with over 120 coins on it in addition to the 26 Mercury Dimes that I have memorized. Then a few coins from Vol I. With a much larger shopping list and a new strategy, I hope to fair a bit better at the next three shows. Yesterday I was at a 10 dealer show and got 3 coins, all Mercs! I might study Vol I a little in the next week or so and focus on a couple of those series.

It's hard to make money or even break even for the most part within the hobby. I'm not trying to make money but if I can exit this hobby one day without having lost money then I think that will be good. Cherrypicking provides that opportunity, not to mention the opportunity to have a lot more fun.

Bottom

FORUMS > U.S. COIN FORUM [ REFRESH ]
View Member Listing | Add To Member Listing

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership

Collectors Universe, Inc., or any subsidiary or affiliate is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any messages.

FuseTalk 3.0 - Copyright 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.