Home U.S. Coin Forum

Man allegedly robbed of more than $2.6 million worth of gold at his apartment building

Comments

• I call him a liar he looks way to much in a good mood for a guy that just lost 2.6$ million!!! Plus one of the robbers had a GPS on his ankle this will end up on Americas dumbest criminals for sure.
  • ?? image

A liar? Maybe he was happy because some of the thieves were apprehended and he did not get hurt??

Eric
  • magikbilly

I studied in criminology and sociology at university and have my degrees in those fields....(and before that I have a college degree in correctional services) my gut says liar!!! Why not use a brinks truck with armed security. I may be wrong but I look into his eyes and see he is full of it!!!

• << <i>?? image

A liar? Maybe he was happy because some of the thieves were apprehended and he did not get hurt??

Eric >>

Exactly Billy , id be pretty happy too that id easily identified one of the culprits , the rest will be easy.
  • JamesMurray

They WILL never find the gold it is way way gone by now this is a mafia thing for sure!!! The guy knew he would be caught and still did the hit he knew they would never ever find the gold. Bet you the gold is half across the globe by now and plus it is not traceable bullion either.

• << <i>magikbilly

I studied in criminology and sociology at university and have my degrees in those fields....(and before that I have a college degree in correctional services) my gut says liar!!! Why not use a brinks truck with armed security. I may be wrong but I look into his eyes and see he is full of it!!! >>

Well, as long as it is not a snap judgement. image

Eric
  • magikbilly

No by no means a snap judgement!! The eyes don't lie and his attitude neither. No one would be stupid enough to be a accomplice with a guy with a ankle bracelet knowing he would be caught they where connected for sure to some higher crime group. The guy with the ankle bracelet knows he will be paid in due time so he did it knowing that for sure.

• << <i>JamesMurray

They WILL never find the gold it is way way gone by now this is a mafia thing for sure!!! The guy knew he would be caught and still did the hit he knew they would never ever find the gold. >>

This is in your opinion of course , correct ? How do you know its a mafia "thing" ? Gotta love the armchair detectives , ill wait for the facts if its all the same.

• << <i>magikbilly

No by no means a snap judgement!! The eyes don't lie and his attitude neither. No one would be stupid enough to be a accomplice with a guy with a ankle bracelet knowing he would be caught they where connected for sure to some higher crime group. >>

The eyes also said "mafia" to you, or something else?

Best,
    Eric
  • JamesMurray

The Mexican mafia is huge in the U.S and this smells nothing but a planed hit by them!! You have to be connected to get rid of 2.6$ in gold no matter what and to have the money cleaned afterwards as well. No stupid thug would have known about this come on how would some dumb crack head know this guy had 2.6$ million in gold without it just been a lucky hit. I mean how many people did this old man tell about his gold...can't be many.
  • Hi,

you have edited your posts 3 times in as many minutes. Gotta run....

Eric

PS - "Planed"?
  • Great that he was able to walk away from something like this.
    --- Mayer Numismatics --- Collectors Corner --- (888) 822 - COIN ---
  • HCumberdaleHCumberdale Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    I am a prison psychologist and I see no overt behavior to suggest that the man is lying.
    Of course I wouldn't feel at all comfortable saying anything definitively, especially after only having an edited, 90 second video news story to go by.

"Gut" feelings by the way are a very unreliable method of determining a person's truthfulness.

• HCumberdale

I guess we will wait for the result and find out till then I believe my gut felling on this. Guy offers 15k to find 2.6$ million yeah the guy really wants to find the gold with that amount offered...lolll. Look I found O.J Simpsons glove!!!!

• << <i>JamesMurray

The Mexican mafia is huge in the U.S and this smells nothing but a planed hit by them!! You have to be connected to get rid of 2.6$ in gold no matter what and to have the money cleaned afterwards as well. No stupid thug would have known about this come on how would some dumb crack head know this guy had 2.6$ million in gold without it just been a lucky hit. I mean how many people did this old man tell about his gold...can't be many. >>

Thats a lot of assumptions
  • JamesMurray

Yes but the robbers where Mexican and so was he. Only mafia people get knowledge of this type of gold walking around on the streets not some dumb criminals that is for sure....they may have used dumb criminals to do the hit but the wizard behind the curtain is for sure no dumb person or persons.

• << <i>JamesMurray

Yes but the robbers where Mexican and so was he. Only mafia people get knowledge of this type of gold walking around on the streets not some dumb criminals that is for sure....they may have used dumb criminals to do the hit but the wizard behind the curtain is for sure no dumb person or persons. >>

In the B&M where I hang out from time to time an OLD gentleman lurched in with more gold than this and it was very obvious what he was carrying. I am mafia now? image

Lets go talk about coins maybe. We will see what develops with this story in due course.
    Eric
  • "A man faces charges for robbing a courier for a Bolivian gold mining company of more than $2 million worth of gold that the victim had in a luggage as he got off the elevator at his Coral Gables apartment building, authorities said."

Well now we know how the robbers knew. The guy with the ankle braclet was picked out of a photo lineup so i dont think he "knew" he was going to get caught.

• Then this robbers just got lucky I guess but we will see.

• << <i>Then this robbers just got lucky I guess but we will see. >>

Lucky in what way ? Being busted for armed robbery ? It's not luck if you know a guy is the courier for a gold company , they knew what he did for a living and they knew his movements,they knew he had the gold.Im not sure what armed robbery gets a person in Florida but if i were in a jail cell down there i wouldnt be feeling all that lucky at all.One thing i will agree on is i dont think they will recover the gold , id have it buried by now and wait to do my 20 years in the pen.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"A man faces charges for robbing a courier for a Bolivian cocaine cartel of more than $2 million worth of cocaine that the victim had in a luggage as he got off the elevator at his Coral Gables apartment building, authorities said."

>>

There. I fixed it so the story and scenario makes sense. image

• << <i>

<< <i>"A man faces charges for robbing a courier for a Bolivian cocaine cartel of more than $2 million worth of cocaine that the victim had in a luggage as he got off the elevator at his Coral Gables apartment building, authorities said."

>>

There. I fixed it so the story and scenario makes sense. image

image that would make more sense
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I will have to watch the video, to interesting not to now.

I make my living from rent property, i can tell by looking at potential renters wether they will pay the rent on time or not. image
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you purchased gold over a period of years, decades or whatever, it would take you many years to
    buy this much gold. Just for fun lets say the old man could afford an ounce a week and it averaged
    $1,000 per ounce. Hmmmmm, 2,600 ounces or 50 years of buying. Boy, that old man must have
    one heck of a paper trail.

Unless he sold his home on the coast for 2.6m and took payment in gold!

Story is sad but funny at the same time.

Yep, just keep 2.6m in gold in your apartment.

bobimageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dleliver pizzas, and I can assure you the guy is telling the truth.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• << <i>I dleliver pizzas, and I can assure you the guy is telling the truth. >>

HA HAimage
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many real pounds of gold would that be 125 or so?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file