Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Good source for toned peace dollars?

jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know of a good source for toned Peace Dollars, besides the usual suspects listed below?
    Northeast
    Larry Shapiro
    Teletrade
    HA
Thanks,
AJ

Comments

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make your own........

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    taco bell 6 month layaway plan
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    Peace dollars rarely toned inside the bank bags, because the bag material was different and/or the planchets were treated differently than Morgans before striking. What this means to me, is that many Peace dollar toners on the market were made recently, say the past 10 years or so. So buy them if you like them, but understand that the odds are if the coin is for sale, the toning is probably on the newer side. Again, AT/NT is virtually the same chemical process, except for obvious bake jobs. The difference being more of when the toning took place, and how quickly the coin acquired its toning.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not so sure about that...................
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTiger is correct......AT can easily be done and passed as NT... and likely is the case on most Peace dollars. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>RedTiger is correct......AT can easily be done and passed as NT... and likely is the case on most Peace dollars. Cheers, RickO >>

There is a large percentage of Peace dollars that toned by being dipped heavily and then stored in a manner that made them tone. Toned peace dollars with their natural skin are simply not out there in numbers enough to collect. There are a few graded ones though it that is often good enough for most people who want to believe
  • Options
    TinyTiny Posts: 2,598

Only place I have found nice toned Peace Dollars is at major coin shows but they really
    ask a lot for them. If you feel safe about buying them off the Bay then go for it but be careful.
    All Ways have a return option from any seller not at hand. Only thing about buying from a web
    site is that the pictures can and sometimes are juiced some way to make them look soooo good
    and that is what keeps me from buy from the web. I've shopped them on eBay over and over and
    have only tried a couple of times at buying them.
    Good Luck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file