Quick Links:   Collectors Corner | PCGS | PSA | PSE | PSA/DNA | CU | Coinflation

Navigation:

FORUMS > U.S. COIN FORUM [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: Sarasota Herald Tribune: "Stolen coins worth $400,000 recovered with dealer's help"
Created On Tuesday December 27, 2011 3:46 PM
Pages: [ << 1 2 3 Previous ]

MsMorrisine
Choose Your Title

Wednesday January 11, 2012 2:59 PM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

<<

<< theres a few winners for sure. i hope they do the full amount on jail time as well >>

I like Justin the best.. he's my favorite. He railed against the police and swore he'd be back, showing no remorse on his Facebook page-- as if prosecutors aren't going to bring that up!
>>

brilliant!

-------------------------
BST's: me as a buyer: mbogoman, smokincoin, INXS, Raybob15239, 57loaded, Bochiman, wondercoin, drwstr123, weather11am, ianrussell @ gc & seller: wondercoin

Bottom

MsMorrisine
Choose Your Title

Wednesday January 11, 2012 3:04 PM

<< Noone is ever on our side! >>

maximum allowed penalty under law.

please. this one is easy.

BST's: me as a buyer: mbogoman, smokincoin, INXS, Raybob15239, 57loaded, Bochiman, wondercoin, drwstr123, weather11am, ianrussell @ gc & seller: wondercoin

Bottom

Mockingjay

Wednesday January 11, 2012 8:59 PM

Sorry to notice, but does that gal even have a shirt on?

Bottom

derryb
Metalnut

Wednesday January 11, 2012 11:01 PM

<< That woman is 19 years old? She must have had a hard life. >>

Which one is the woman?

Modern gold on the BST “Fundamentals will matter, but only after the fact.” - Tyler Durden

Bottom

oreville
Choose Your Title

Thursday January 12, 2012 12:58 AM

Ray Bans are worth money?

My daughter just bought me one pair and I complained that I have 5 pairs already from the 60's and early 70's.

how much do they cost now anyhow?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Bottom

2ndCharter
Expert Collector

Thursday January 12, 2012 6:52 AM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

Appears their lawyer must be some underpaid intern in the Public Defenders office. Any decent lawyer would have told them to shut up!

Bottom

kiyote
Expert Collector

Thursday January 12, 2012 6:57 AM

What I don't get is that the um, girl, is apparently free and walking around, bemoaning that one of her accomplices (Who had a list of priors) isn't "free" yet. Is stealing nearly half a million in gold a crime in Sarasota county or not!?

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Bottom

FadeToBlack
Expert Collector

Thursday January 12, 2012 8:02 AM

User is online View thread in raw text format

Sadly, the repeat offender (Ben) has a private FB.

Bottom

pocketpiececommems
Expert Collector

Thursday January 12, 2012 8:25 AM

Maybe the former Mississippi Gov will pardon them and let them work around his house.

Pocketpiececommemoratives

Lafayette Grading Set

Bottom

kiyote
Expert Collector

Thursday January 12, 2012 8:50 AM

<< Sadly, the repeat offender (Ben) has a private FB. >>

Friend him!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Bottom

JamesMurray
Expert Collector

Thursday January 12, 2012 9:25 AM

<< Ray Bans are worth money?

My daughter just bought me one pair and I complained that I have 5 pairs already from the 60's and early 70's.

how much do they cost now anyhow?
>>

Without considering fakes a real pair of Ray Bans from this era made in Italy will set you back anywhere from $150-$300.
A vintage pair from the 60's-70's made in the USA can fetch upwards of $300-$400 used if in good condition,no scratches etc. I watched the yellow lens aviaters sell for over $400 every time a pair comes to auction.

Bottom

kiyote
Expert Collector

Tuesday February 28, 2012 5:07 PM

Just peeking in with an update-- everything I post is a matter of public record, either from the courts or Jessica's public facebook wall.

Long story short-- her being charged with the theft messed up her "vizo" rights with her "one-day-to-be-husband" who is in jail until 2021 on some pretty terrible charges. She's pleading with the Sarasota courts to let her see her BF in prison but she's currently barred from doing so due to someting she did "a while back." (ie, stole nearly half a million in gold 3 months ago)

"Havent been doing anything wrong they just keep trying to get me for stuff from a while ago..."

Call me and ol' softy but it just gets to me right here! *urrps* Naw that was just indigestion.

Edited: Tuesday February 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM by kiyote

Bottom

SlvrandGld

Tuesday February 28, 2012 6:19 PM

That girl is disgusting! Theyre all low lifes...

Bottom

COALPORTER
Expert Collector

Tuesday February 28, 2012 7:18 PM

<< Steal coins Dec. 14 in Sarasota.

Try to fence stolen coins Dec. 17 in Sarasota.

>>

Not really. Selling stolen property is not really "fencing" . A fence is a person in-on the deal from the beginning and expects to
receive the goods. Usually a fence is the one that hires the dummy-dums to go out and do a "job" and then bring him the loot
for a very small protion of what it is really worth. The fence pockets the big profit. See , the dummy-dums dont know enough
to sell to the right people.

Bottom

kiyote
Expert Collector

Tuesday March 13, 2012 11:33 AM

Hmm! Hmm! According to the public facebook page and court records, Justin got two years in prison. It'll go by fast. I can think of places I'd rather be spending my early 20s, though.

I'm sure in 5 or 10 years they'll all have a good laugh about it.

Bottom

quickwing
Collector

Tuesday March 13, 2012 12:39 PM

If my home was burglarized of $400,000 in coins and tens of thousands of other collectables I would sure want my address published!!! The press is a big help here.

OLDER IS BETTER

Bottom

kiyote
Expert Collector

Tuesday June 19, 2012 9:56 AM

I've been following this story the best I can, and here's an update from Jessica's public Facebook page:

"Just kill me now
as soon as my life starts to pick up; i get crushed back down. wtf am i suppose to do now?

I got THE WORST news at court today

They showed me the afidavit were Justin basically told them I did the sh** with him which isn't true and the state gave me a offer of 2 yrs but my lawyer got it to 6 months of county and 2 yrs papers I go in Friday to sign I wanna try to get a turn in date but I don't know if they'll let me."

She went on to muse that she'd do about 3.5 months in county jail.

3.5 months for stealing $400,000 in gold!?? I know the coins were recovered but come on! Why do I bother going in to work every day?

Bottom

pennyannie
Expert Collector

Wednesday June 20, 2012 11:03 PM

<< Glad they got the coins back. The twinkie queen will not get any prison time and the 2 guys will do about 6 months and then they can start over. >>

I guessed pretty close, i did not factor in how busy the "twinkie Queen" had been before they took the gold. Sad, sad, sad.

A good friend of mine bought his daughter a used car 6 months ago and went to title and register the car. The DMV said the title was signed wrong and told him to go back to the seller to straighten out. Now he does not have the title and the police say it is a civil matter. He paid the seller 20k cash for a car he can not title and no crime has been commited in the eyes of the popo. LOL The seller is sitting in jail right now as he went on a drug bender with the 20k and got popped buying from an undercover.

Mark
NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"

Bottom

kiyote
Expert Collector

Thursday August 16, 2012 3:49 PM

I think this'll be the last update, as the perps were caught and now sentenced.

Justin Gerken update (2 years, prison)

Jessica Striewski update. (6 months, jail)

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 Previous ]
FORUMS > U.S. COIN FORUM [ REFRESH ]
View Member Listing | Add To Member Listing

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership

Collectors Universe, Inc., or any subsidiary or affiliate is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any messages.

FuseTalk 3.0 - Copyright © 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.