Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

neyronix suspicious bids

It seems that this seller has a lot of "repeat" bidders.... Is there something up here

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>It seems that this seller has a lot of "repeat" bidders.... Is there something up here >>

He's a great seller? He has great product? He ONLY sells PCGS slabs? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It seems that this seller has a lot of "repeat" bidders.... Is there something up here >>

He's a great seller? He has great product? He ONLY sells PCGS slabs? image >>

He sells ALL slabs.

I have my own opinions about him. I will add I never had a bad deal with him. But somethings just dont add up. Just my opinion
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a search here of previous threads using neyronix.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Been discussed here many times.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    It's like deja vu all over again! image
  • Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    I don't even bother to bid on their auctions, they're always bid up to full retail by their own doing.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't even bother to bid on their auctions, they're always bid up to full retail by their own doing >>

Ditto here. Absolutely one of the worst employers of shill bidders around. The patterns of bidding are indisputable.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only won one item off neyronix and even with his shills I ripped it at one fifth retail value image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eBay loves him they get great final value fees from him. Potted palm auctions at their best.
  • Options
    The ebay seller, NEYRONIX, is easily the biggest scammer on ebay. He has (2) Shill bidding accounts:
    1. samuel100elm(1195)
    2. adams21(360)

The best example of this shill bidding is here:
    1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290554867907
    2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290542360914
    3. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item43a707aef0&item=290565107440

Notice that samuel100elm puchased this coin 1st on March 13 for $3.050. than he later purchased this same EXACT coin again from neyronix on April 17 for $2,567.76. And now, neyronix has again listed this same coin on June 11 for $4,7500.
    There is no reasonable explination as to why the same bidder would be buying the same exact (check the serial numbers) coin more than once.
    Also, check out samuel100elm's feedback:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=samuel100elm&iid=300555474824&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=88&page=2
    Notice that until Aug 8, 2010, samuel100elm was the big seller and neyronix was the big buyer. Also notice that 100% of all bids, over 1000/month, are all with neyronix. Also notice that samuel100elm and neyronix no longer leave feedback for each other so they can cover-up their scam

• Options
    UPDATE:

All of Neyronix's coins were PULLED today 9/30/11, by eBay. He now has a RESTRICTED account and can only list BUY-IT-NOWS as ebay has finally determined that this crook has been SHILL BIDDING on his listings.

Thanks to ALL that reported this crook.

PS; I still see his 1927-d Peace Dollar PCGS MS-64 showing as active, but, when you click on the listing, it says the item has been removed......must be a glich in the system
    Text
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    I suspect shill biding at it's finest.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I think it is likely he has a lot of repeat customers who think they are getting good deals because lots of astute buyers stay away. --Jerry
  • Options
    I haven't found the owner to be too friendly in person either...
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm checking outside for hoards of locusts and roiling skies because surely hell hath frozen over!!!

Hard to believe that Ebay finally did something about it. The evidence was overwhelming to anyone with greater than a pea for a brain. It will be interesting to see what angle he comes up with to get around the restrictions...A new userid would mean starting over on the feedback trail, so that's not likely. Playing fair? Not likely either - once a crook, always a crook...
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not wanting to feed the stampede but i wondered as one of the very very few sellers on ebay with high-grade pcgs great coins with .99 start bids he would manage to stay ahead of the game

this helps explain it.

good to know ebay does try to look out for its members, the ones that bring em big bucks and the ones that don't

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the law ever get involved? I thought shill bidding was illegal...

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the "heads-up".
    Won't be bidding on his items !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is all very shocking to me. image >>

Just like the cop in "Casablanca"...
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>UPDATE:

All of Neyronix's coins were PULLED today 9/30/11, by eBay. He now has a RESTRICTED account and can only list BUY-IT-NOWS as ebay has finally determined that this crook has been SHILL BIDDING on his listings.

Thanks to ALL that reported this crook.

PS; I still see his 1927-d Peace Dollar PCGS MS-64 showing as active, but, when you click on the listing, it says the item has been removed......must be a glich in the system
    Text >>

He should have been booted completely. This guy has been so blatant for so long, and eBay is still letting him sell?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>He should have been booted completely. This guy has been so blatant for so long, and eBay is still letting him sell?

Russ, NCNE >>

Apparently eBay thinks his sales of electronics and TV related items are OK.
    I never dealt with him but after this thread was started I did my own investigation of his auctions and it sure looks like he had two or more shills bidding on his auctions.
    IIRC he is/was an advertiser in Coin World but I may be wrong on this.
    Shill #1 auction results
    Shill # 2 auction results
  • Options
    Those that suspect wrong doing simply need not bid in his auctions, or just bid what your willing to pay.
  • Options

<< <i>Those that suspect wrong doing simply need not bid in his auctions, or just bid what your willing to pay. >>

And if you see someone being mugged on the street, you can just turn around and walk the other way.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting. After checking my inventory I have two coins I obtained through him. One I got at a fair price. The other was bid up to a range that was near my max, but I ended up winning it. I wonder how much "extra" I got to pay for that little victory? Thanks to everyone for their comments. That's one more that can go on my list. Moving on......
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Does this seller do the major shows around the country?
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure that he(they) have a nice website like XXXX or something, can't quite recall, but i remember it having a rather large inventory
    i modified my post as I referenced another company inadvertently and don't want the 2 getting confused by my error in posting

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is interesting that people have been reporting this guy for a long time and now EBay finally acts...has something changed there?
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    I believe that the seller's name is Robert L. Hughes since I've seen his advertisements in Coin World where he specifically refers to his eBay name.
    Successful Transactions With: PRoemisch, WTCG, CCFC, barberkeys, lkeigwin, ElmerFusterpuck, 123cents, coin22lover, coinlieutenant and abitofthisabitofthat
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does this seller do the major shows around the country? >>

Yep.

It probably wont be long until he starts up again with a new ebay ID.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>I believe that the seller's name is Robert L. Hughes since I've seen his advertisements in Coin World where he specifically refers to his eBay name. >>

I think you are correct.
  • Options

<< <i>Does this seller do the major shows around the country? >>

I have never attended a coin show, anywhere, that he was not present.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Doesn't the law ever get involved? I thought shill bidding was illegal... >>

Depends on the state, on know in PA it is illegal.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    Yes, his name is Robert L Hughes. He has a website under the name RLH Enterprises. His (2) shill bidding accounts on ebay are samuel100elm(1195) and adams21(360). It appears to be a money laundering operation. He gets most of his coins from Heritage and than lists them on ebay at 99 cents. He than uses his 'shill' accounts to bid the coins up to a level that lets him get close to break-even. About 80% of the coins he lists are won by his 'shill' accounts costing his close to $300,000/year on ebay FVF and listing fees. Now that he has been caught by ebay T&S, he will need to either list his coins as Buy-it-Now's or obtain a new ebay user name and start the whole scam all over. Hopefully this will be the last we hear from him.
  • Options
    His website is RLH Enterprises.
    Met him at the second PCGS show in Vegas a few years ago.
    Reported him to e-bay a few times and nothing was done. They were making a lot of money off him.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, his name is Robert L Hughes. He has a website under the name RLH Enterprises. His (2) shill bidding accounts on ebay are samuel100elm(1195) and adams21(360). It appears to be a money laundering operation. He gets most of his coins from Heritage and than lists them on ebay at 99 cents. He than uses his 'shill' accounts to bid the coins up to a level that lets him get close to break-even. About 80% of the coins he lists are won by his 'shill' accounts costing his close to $300,000/year on ebay FVF and listing fees. Now that he has been caught by ebay T&S, he will need to either list his coins as Buy-it-Now's or obtain a new ebay user name and start the whole scam all over. Hopefully this will be the last we hear from him. >>

Ten bucks says that this is not the last we hear of him. (I needed a sure winner to raise funds for my last forum bet.)
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    If he's losing tons of money on FVFs wouldn't he money ahead by just BINing all of his auctions and let them sit and attract the right buyer?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I quit bidding on his auctions long ago when I saw what was going on.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well...live and learn...I wasn't aware this was a previous discussion.

I bought two [nice] slabbed coins from him earlier this year...and I guess I probably ended up paying more than I would have in an actual honest deal.

What can you say...I saw a 99.x% positive feedback rating and got lured in.

Sadly, I'm sure he has plenty of company on eBay!
  • Options

<< <i>If he's losing tons of money on FVFs wouldn't he money ahead by just BINing all of his auctions and let them sit and attract the right buyer? >>

YES.

In fact, he does list some cheap TV related materials ie tv stands, tv coax cables, tv connectors as Buy-it nows. Makes you wonder.

PS: This guy lists $25 Million+ in coins, so why is he listing cheap tv materials.....makes you wonder.
    Also, he purchased a Money counting machine on ebay a few months ago.........The only reason for owning one is if you are a financial institution ie Bank, or if you deal strictly in cash ie prostitution, drugs etc. Also, he purchased 100's of dust masks on ebay. Either the smog in LA has gotten real bad lately, or he owns a paint and body shop, or is working with toxic material. LOL
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    From his web-site:

Robert Hughes, President of RLH ENTERPRISES has been a leader in the numismatic market since a very young age. His expertise is legendary and is admired by collectors and professional numismatics alike. As a President of RLH ENTERPRISES Inc. he supports the Code of Ethics of the American Numismatic Association, where he is a lifetime member. He also holds memberships in Florida United Numismatics, Texas Numismatics Association, Blue Ridge Numismatics Association, Central State Numismatic Association, California State Numismatic Association, and many others. Robert Hughes won the prestigious 2004 Numismatic Literary Guild award for the Best U.S. Coin Book: ''United States Pattern Coins''.
  • Options
    Why is anyone surprised that this has finally surfaced? When someone brags about selling $200,000 or more a month on ebay using the straight(HA!) auction option with no reserve, when no seller in his right mind will try to suceed with this business model except those sellers that are sellinf"stuff". Nobody I know of would risk any really nice four figure or higher coins using a no reserve auction in the ebay shark tank. The commonly told joke among dealers is: The favorite collectors item in the hobby is a complete set of this guy's business cards. Dave W
    dalias13@hotmail.com
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone who won one or more of his shill auctions shuld file criminal charges. Class action lawsuit by two or more injured parties could shut him down. Maybe a lawyer here on the forum could spearhead the effort.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Those that suspect wrong doing simply need not bid in his auctions, or just bid what your willing to pay. >>

And if you see someone being mugged on the street, you can just turn around and walk the other way. >>

NO of course not. This Seller has been discussed in a previous thread, and I think all of the respondents including myself, agreed that there is sufficient cause for concern with this seller and should be reported to EBAY for further investigation, as I did. I neglected to repeat myself in this second thread in less than a month , about this very same seller. Now it's EBAY's responsibility to investigate these concerns and take whatever appropriate action is required if there is sufficient proof of wrongdoing by this seller and his/her friends. Believe me, I don't disagree there is enough previous auction data to warrant an in depth investigation . It seems that as of this date, EBAY has not yet either taken any action or failed to prove the suspected wrongdoing's by this seller. In the meantime, as was suggested in the previous thread , if you bid, bid what you seem is fair for the grade and no more, and than move on if your outbid.
  • Options
    I have a much better solution. I don't do any business whatsoever with this character for any price for any amount of potential profit. There are only a few other dealers that I know of who take the same position. Too many smile sheepishly and say "Well I know but I do make money doing business with him. I may not have the perfect solution but I refuse to be part of the problem. Dave W
    dalias13@hotmail.com
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to remember Bobby Hughes bouncing a lot of checks to other dealers a few years ago. How he manages to stay in business with that history, I don't know.
  • Options
    >>

It seems that as of this date, EBAY has not yet either taken any action or failed to prove the suspected wrongdoing's by this seller. >>

Ebay has RESTRICTED Neyronix's account:
    All of Neyronix's coins were PULLED yesterday 9/30/11, by eBay. He now has a 30 day RESTRICTED account and can only list BUY-IT-NOWS as ebay has finally determined that this crook has been SHILL BIDDING on his listings. His ebay SHILL BIDDING accounts are Samuel100elm( 1195) and adams21(360)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file