Home U.S. Coin Forum

Are unopened GSA boxes still being sold on ebay?

I ask because I was doing a search and couldn't find any. I seem to recall there always seemed to be at least a few running. Don't know if my search skills are lacking or if ebay shut 'em down.

Comments

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    About a week ago....GSA
    Becky
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Thanks guys. Over a year ago I was looking at a number of those auctions and thinking they sure looked bogus.......or at least easy to fake.
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    I still have one I bought from you, GSA. Maybe you should have autographed it. image
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see them occasionally.

Hi Bryan!
    Many happy BST transactions
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425

<< <i>I still have one I bought from you, GSA. Maybe you should have autographed it. image >>

Buy another and I promise to autograph it.image
  • gsaguy - Heritage just sold a couple of GSA dollars in sealed boxes in its March 2011 Sacramento auction. One box was yellowish, and one was white. Neither box had any marking or stamps indicating what date was contained in the box. The yellow box sold for $747.50 with juice and the white box sold for $862.50 with juice.

Heritage #1
    Heritage #2

Question for you: Is there any way to tell what possible dates are in the boxes (if they are unstamped, unmarked and without shipping label) by the color of the boxes?
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind would sell unopened boxes or rolls when there is a chance that a very valuable coin might be sold for a fraction of its true value? Such sales
    are almost always frauds, sometimes with rocks, washers, or fakes in the box, but more typically the items have somehow been opened and resealed (all types of "mint" boxes, envelopes, tape, labels, old paper stock, old roll paper are available) OR in the rare case of actual unsearched sealed items (such as proof sets) , a sample number have been opened and found either to be ordinary or ugly, and the seller thinks they can make more money by hawking the possibilities of DCAMS galore or rare varieties.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who in their right mind would sell unopened boxes or rolls when there is a chance that a very valuable coin might be sold for a fraction of its true value? Such sales
    are almost always frauds, sometimes with rocks, washers, or fakes in the box, but more typically the items have somehow been opened and resealed (all types of "mint" boxes, envelopes, tape, labels, old paper stock, old roll paper are available) OR in the rare case of actual unsearched sealed items (such as proof sets) , a sample number have been opened and found either to be ordinary or ugly, and the seller thinks they can make more money by hawking the possibilities of DCAMS galore or rare varieties. >>

Frank, this time I actually 100% agree with you.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file