Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SOME NEW CHARMY TONED LINCOLN WHEATIES.......

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just before I head off to another show, I thought I'd share a few of my new Lincoln cents that Todd/Bluevette just finished photographing for me. Though a couple have some flaws, this is a pretty colorful group, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.... image

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Comments

• Options
    Stunning charmy, simply stunning
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    The reverse of that 1939 reminds me of outer space with all those little spots being stars. Very nice.
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The reverse of that 1939 reminds me of outer space with all those little spots being stars. Very nice. >>

I'll have whatever he's drinking image. Actually I do believe tightbudget nailed that on the head!
    I love that coin and postings like this are what makes this forum great!
    edited to add: Thanks, Charmy
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The reverse of that 1939 reminds me of outer space with all those little spots being stars. Very nice. >>

I'll have whatever he's drinking image. Actually I do believe tightbudget nailed that on the head!
    I love that coin and postings like this are what makes this forum great!
    edited to add: Thanks, Charmy >>

It's just black coffee image
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    That 1911 is a real looker, I "made" that coin at NGC in Feb of 05. It crossed over from an old white ANACS 64RB holderimage All of them look great!
  • Options

<< <i>That 1911 is a real looker, I "made" that coin at NGC in Feb of 05. It crossed over from an old white ANACS 64RB holderimage All of them look great! >>

Rob, funny how you/we can remember and recognize a long lost friend like that!
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That 1911 is a real looker, I "made" that coin at NGC in Feb of 05. It crossed over from an old white ANACS 64RB holderimage All of them look great! >>

Rob, funny how you/we can remember and recognize a long lost friend like that! >>

Well, not all of them, just the good looking onesimage
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some very purty coins there, Charmy! image
  • Options
    I like them and have always been a fan of that sort of toning on copper.....just a little pleasantly surprised that this hasn't turn into an MS70 thread... image
  • Options

<< <i>I like them and have always been a fan of that sort of toning on copper.....just a little pleasantly surprised that this hasn't turn into an MS70 thread... image >>

Thank you, and I don't think we need to go there on this thread.
  • Options
    I suppose now I'm going to have to add a Lincoln to my set!!image
  • Options

<< <i>I suppose now I'm going to have to add a Lincoln to my set!!image >>

Absolutely, why not!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PennyLady:

I like your attitude. Cheerful, pleasant and upbeat. Also creating meaningful threads with eye candy looking coins that collectors of all kinds from newbies to experienced can appreciate.

Keep up the good work.

For those that like to complain, I was very pleasantly surprised that NONE of these coins are currently on your pricelist!!

By the way, how DID your parents come up with your name Charmy anyhow? image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yum, Yum.

Toned Lincolnsimage
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coins!!!

And the 77 & 14-d in your sig line imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>PennyLady:

I like your attitude. Cheerful, pleasant and upbeat. Also creating meaningful threads with eye candy looking coins that collectors of all kinds from newbies to experienced can appreciate.

Keep up the good work.

For those that like to complain, I was very pleasantly surprised that NONE of these coins are currently on your pricelist!!

By the way, how DID your parents come up with your name Charmy anyhow? image >>

Thank you, Oreville, and these are for my personal collection and are not for sale. I will be posting them with the rest of my personal collection on my website under my "Not for Sale" section.

And Charmy is short for Charmaine - I've always been called Charmy (pronounced "Sharmie") except by my French grandmother who preferred "Charmaine."
  • Options
    The 1939 obv looks great. I can see tons of luster under the blue toning.
    Currently collecting Morgan Dollars and Seated Liberty Halves
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stunning charmy, simply stunning >>

My thoughts exactly!
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    Thank you folks for all the kind words. By the way, I went to add the photo of the 1939 to my personal collection on my website and discovered I already had one, so which one do you guys like better?

• Options
    RWRW Posts: 485
    I like the first better...nice coins!
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a little mixed on which to keep. Personally sell both and buy a DMPL and if that doesnt float your boat I would keep the second.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second one has a nice clashh..I'd keep it.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The second one has a nice clashh..I'd keep it. >>

Is that a clash or a meandering die crack on the Rev. of # 2?

Both look great but I Believe I like #2 best.

Regards,

John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you folks for all the kind words. By the way, I went to add the photo of the 1939 to my personal collection on my website and discovered I already had one, so which one do you guys like better?

image >>

I would prefer the unabraded die clash.

Did this thread just turn?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    NICE toners, just plain stunning.
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭

The 1919 is quite nice.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Is that a clash or a meandering die crack on the Rev. of # 2?

>>

I think it's both a clash (the upper part near the C of CENT to the I of UNITED) and then a die crack below that.

I'd keep #2 as I don't like the spotty look of the #1, though I'd imagine it's not as dramatic in hand.

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i'll take the 39' please....crowd hereimage

thats an amazing example..."ON A STARY NIGHT" thing going on...on the reverse....I LOVE IT

all beauties and thanks for giving us a peeky there pennygoddess...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular assortment of cents!!!
    Thanks for sharing these.
    They made my night.
    Especially the starry one....image

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I was surprised to see this thread revived, but am loving that so many others appreciate pretty toned copper as much as I do! Here's one more that I really enjoy having in my collection.

(FYI, all of my personal collection is displayed on my website.)
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i'll take the 39' please....crowd hereimage

thats an amazing example..."ON A STARY NIGHT" thing going on...on the reverse....I LOVE IT

all beauties and thanks for giving us a peeky there pennygoddess...image >>

Looks like a few of those stars on the reverse escaped from their "home" and meandered to the obverse. All prime time examples.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    WHPRATTWHPRATT Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    Very cool! Please feel free to send me all of these for Christmas : )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file