Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 Formative DDR's Cast Your Votes

PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
What do you think are the best, of the 31 known, DDR's thus far?

Here are my top 7 picks:

1) WDDR-006/CDDR-009 Billy calls this skeleton finger, my favorite DDO&DDR
2) WDDR-007/CDDR-006, only because it's DDO&DDR
3) WDDR-001/CDDR-002
4) WDDR-002/CDDR-001
5) WDDR-014/CDDR-021
6) WDDR-016/CDDR-012
7) WDDR-025/unknown

I didn't want to show all the pics, too much space.

I'm anxious to see your thoughts !! image

Comments

• I agree about the WDDR-006 as being the most impressive with WDDR-001 as 2nd choice

A Special Mention vote for the WDDR-013 Stage B for "Best Die Crack"

• << <i>WDDR-013 Stage B for "Best Die Crack" >>

I haven't really kept up with all 31(?) varieties there are now, but the die crack is my favorite so far.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see pictures of all the 31 types...or Im not voting.

• << <i>

<< <i>WDDR-013 Stage B for "Best Die Crack" >>

I haven't really kept up with all 31(?) varieties there are now, but the die crack is my favorite so far. >>

Edited to add: I have noticed price increases on these on the bay.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

.........i vote for the ones that appear in the cherrypickers' guide book.image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Only one is my favorite:

2009-S 1c FY DDR-001, PR-1-R-VIII

1 of possible 3,000 minted. The rest of you guys mintages could be as high as a million each.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    here ya go Ambro51

Wexler FY DDRs
    How could that be possible? They've sold, so far, less than 300k sets from the Mint.

At 300k sets, that would be 15 million cents divided by 31 types, or 483,871 of each DDR.

That would mean every coin produced would be a Doubled Die, and that's far from the case.

I wish I could open rolls with 50 DDRs in each roll.
    The only one I see that looks at all interesting is 14....that big nasty die crack

all the rest of that minor stuff...................meh
    Minor stuff?

The days of Doubled Dies on all devices are gone, with the "Single Press" die production method....... no more 1955s, 1972s, 1983s, 1995s etc.

These are modern doubled dies.
  • HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 778 ✭✭✭
    My vote goes to WDDR-006 CDDR-009 The Skeleton Finger !! Just wait until Halloween and this little gem will skyrocket in price !!
    Specialized Investments
    all the rest of that minor stuff...................meh
  • Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭
    They all seem minor to me. I'm interested in none of them image
    I agree, but check out 14 on that list provided...thats a classic huge nasty die crack. While not a doubled die by any means, it is interesting, and its the only one of the bunch I wouldnt mind finding (not paying for...but just finding)
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

..........i'm curious to know what fred weinberg thinks of these.image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

DDR 002
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭
    WDDR-006/CDDR-009 is the best one. Most dramatic and since it has the DDR-002 shared with the DDO-006 far fewer of these were produced. So in my book, it is a winner by three counts:

1. Most dramatic
    2. Apparently fewer made
    3. Also has a DDO (albeit, tough to see)

Plus it really does look like a skeleton finger, so for whatever that is worth, it can add some interest to it.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭
    I vote BIG CRACK WDDR-013

As seen below!!

• I like the WDDR-006/009/DDO-002 as the top pick, second I would go for the CDDR-002/WDDR-001 because the bold finger right smack in the middle of the thumb and index finger. I don't Pick the WDDR-007/CDDR-006 second because it isn't as bold as the CDDR-002/WDDR-001 . The second DDR/DDO would be third on my list. Fourth should be the CDDR-001 since it is so easy to recognize with the big die gouge on the top of the book pages and the die chip on the obv in Lincolns hair.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • I go with the Top 5 business strike being:

1. WDDR-006 mated with WDDO-002B

2. WDDR-007 mated with WDDO-002A

3. WDDR-013 stage B Die Crack

4. WDDR-001

5. WDDR-002 / WDDR-014 / WDDR-016 / WDDR-025 (it's a toss-up)

And for proof... it's a stand-alone winner:
    2009-S 1c Pr FY WDDR-001

• << <i>I agree, but check out 14 on that list provided...thats a classic huge nasty die crack. While not a doubled die by any means, it is interesting, and its the only one of the bunch I wouldnt mind finding (not paying for...but just finding) >>

I like that one too have found a couple, but I was blown away when I found this one:

• Here's one I found about an hour ago..........not any coolness factor, but a new crack to me.......

• << <i>

<< <i>I agree, but check out 14 on that list provided...thats a classic huge nasty die crack. While not a doubled die by any means, it is interesting, and its the only one of the bunch I wouldnt mind finding (not paying for...but just finding) >>

I like that one too have found a couple, but I was blown away when I found this one:

image >>

I found a single one of those too & thought it was pretty cool ~ especially the way the crack goes all the way across the face!
    Thanks for everyone's input
  • My bets all in wexler #'s
    13b with the nasty crack
    1,2,3,11,13a
    then the minors from the 1st 13
    Dont see the ones after 13 getting a big boost at least for the first 6 months or so since the mint state finds are mainly minor or very difficult to get together in bulk. Seeing as the bank rolls themselves are fairly tough to get ahold of, unless someone can get midwest or another of the big bulk sellers to send them just certain date boxes (and finding the #'s of the better $25 boxes is no mean feat). Good luck on that

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file