Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Progression of Photography Skill

Ok, so I've been helping another forum member recently with their photography skills. And I was looking back through some of my old pictures, and just marveled at how much my skills have grown over the last 2 years...

This is one of my favorite coins in my collection, and I've pictured it multiple times throughout my times... actually, I really need to take a new picture, b/c I haven't taken a new picture in a long time... here's a couple of the pics, and I think I have them in chronological order, or pretty close to it... image

One of the first... you can see I had the dark area going on... only one light in this pic, I think...

You can see how this one is blurry on the bottom... I went through a phase where i was severely tilting the coin, as it was the only way I could really get the colors to come out well... not a very good picture at all...

This one isn't too bad, though I think it actually may have come before the 2nd picture... not too bad, but not the greatest... didn't have the darkness problems, but I do have the glare over the coin... the color can come out without doing that, so it is an unnessary method...

Again, a bit of the glare problem... this one is a bit brighter than the one before, but still not perfect...

I still don't have a picture I'm completely happy with, and I think I'm gonna get that coin out sometime soon and take some new pictures of it image
-George
42/92

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    getting there.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Nice toning.image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin is too big image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    George, get that darned Mercury Dime out of there as your avatar. What kind of half dime guy are you? Put a bust dime there if you must, but not some modern crap!

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go George image

Nice pics by the way image
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>George, get that darned Mercury Dime out of there as your avatar. What kind of half dime guy are you? Put a bust dime there if you must, but not some modern crap!

image >>

Nice improvement on the pics, by the way.
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Here ya go George image

Nice pics by the way image >>

Bite me Clad boy image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    ttt cause I can image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    If you're interested, I think Brandon could do a good job imaging it if you would like him to. He'd do it for free and email you the image and return the coin to you.

And by the way, your images have gotton better over time as we can see.
  • Options

<< <i>If you're interested, I think Brandon could do a good job imaging it if you would like him to. He'd do it for free and email you the image and return the coin to you. >>

I can do it myself Adrian image These pictures were taken with my old old set-up... got a new set-up at work, and have greatly improved my skills image It has been at least a year, probally close to a year and a half since I took the last picture image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    No problem. Just thought I offer.

I spent a few moments working on your image in photoshop (a little better but not much...)

• Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    Neat progression, you have definitely improved! image

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file