Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANR launches a photography service...

RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
announced on the BST.

Wow! They do a great job, and I bet the turnaround time will be a few light years shorter than PCGS. I might hold out until Mike Printz or mgoodm3 offers a photography service, though.

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    it would be nice to have accurate pictures of your coins with an ATTRACTIVE background, not an advertisement.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I might hold out until Mike Printz or mgoodm3 offers a photography service, though. >>

I think both already do.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be nice to have accurate pictures of your coins with an ATTRACTIVE background, not an advertisement.

Agree, maybe QDB will (digitally) sign the pics, too. image
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had Mark(mgoodm3) take pics of some of my registry coins. He did a great job and the price and turnaround were excelent. Here is one example.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Really great idea. Why didn't they post it here (I never hang out on the BST forum). If the pictures are good enough, maybe that will eliminate the need to move metal among dealers and deals can be made based on the pictures.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they do as good a job as anybody, but for early proofs there's nothing like having the coin out of the holder so you can get smoe light on the subject!
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    PCGS does have an advantage in being able to shoot raw. ANR does some nice work though.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Good Morning All,

I didn't want to overstep my boundries by posting a solicitation here on the coin forum thus the reason for the post on the BST board. I figure someone would have straigtened me out on it if I did.

True, I do not have the advantage of being able to pop the coins out of the slabs because after having photographed over a hundred thousand coins in the past ten years, I know how nice it is to shoot a coin raw. Those were the days when I photographed more raw coins than slabbed.

In any event, I take all breeds of certification, NGC, PCGS, ANACS, raw, etc, etc. Different rates for different work and you pick the background.

Again, email me direct for info.

Thanks guys

Doug
    ANR

Visit us at Stacks.com
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't want to overstep my boundries by posting a solicitation here on the coin forum thus the reason for the post on the BST board. I figure someone would have straigtened me out on it if I did. >>

The legal world has very strict rules on solicitation. However, I too sometimes fear the backlash from these forums more than I fear a state bar ethics commission inquiry. image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    I always thought ANR's images were a bit overexposed. Not that I'm trying to take a shot at ANR or anything, but I've always felt that.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>announced on the BST. Wow! They do a great job, and I bet the turnaround time will be a few light years shorter than PCGS. I might hold out until Mike Printz or mgoodm3 offers a photography service, though. >>

I know I am being picky here and completely missing your point, but a light year is a measure of distance, not time. So, that said, will ANR deliver your photos short of your address or does PCGS deliver them to the wrong solar system?
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I am being picky here and completely missing your point, but a light year is a measure of distance, not time. So, that said, will ANR deliver your photos short of your address or does PCGS deliver them to the wrong solar system?

Actually, due to relativity, you get them back before you send them. image
  • Options
    I would like to give a tip of the hat to the PCGS TrueView photo service for turnaround times. I sent in 2 coins for express grading/photo service. Invoice # 9045233.
    The results:

Date Received: 12/19/2005
    Date Shipped: 12/30/2005

I received the images by email first just 3 days after being logged in! I think thats excellent service!
  • Options

<< <i>I know I am being picky here and completely missing your point, but a light year is a measure of distance, not time. So, that said, will ANR deliver your photos short of your address or does PCGS deliver them to the wrong solar system?

Actually, due to relativity, you get them back before you send them. image >>

I knew it!!!! TDN gets the good coins right from the Mint using the secret time machine Einstein left after WWII in the Washington State AEC fission Lab!!!
    morgannut2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file