Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hey! My 1996 ASE Graded at PR70DC!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first proof to grade out at PR70DC! I couldn't find a price listed for the grade on the PCGS price guide. Can someone let me know what the pop report is for this? I thought my West Point proof would hit PR70 and the ASE at PR69, but it was the opposite.

Bob
Snowy Central New York
Retired Air Force 1965-2000
Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

Comments

• Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭
    Bob,

Congrats! The pop report shows only one graded. If yours is very recent, it is probably not included so is likely a pop 2. Either way, Santa came early for you; you must have been really good this year.

WH
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Collectors and dealers everywhere are feverishly packing coins for submission.

Congrats, Bob!image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coin! Congratulations on this submission. Even though PCGS has lightened up just a bit, these will still be scarce coins overall.
    Good job!

peacockcoins

• Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Bob
    That is wonderful news!!!! I'm happy for you also.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    I tried to unload a PR69 DCAM (PCGS) ASE last Sunday in Anaheim and had no takers,good thing I suppose, maybe I can resubmit and get it upgraded.Congrats just the same!
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone, for the kind words!

Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Hey,

No fair, I don't own any 70's....Congrats!
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    Bob- Put a big PCGS Pop.2 in the title, a $1,000 starting bid and let all those Registry Set collectors fight over it on Ebay! Make hay while the sun is shining! Let them fight over it before more are made. Congratulations Bob! image
  • Options
    DCAM,

I considered the eBay route. Were you serious about the $1,000 starting bid? I would love to sell it for big bucks, and then buy a classic coin with the proceeds. Question is, eBay or sell to a dealer? I suppose I could put a reserve on it to protect myself.

Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Bob-

Yes sell it NOW before more are made. YES, start it at a grand. My guess is a final bid of $2300 - $2500 for the thing. Sell sell sell! (No, I won't be bidding)

edited to add: I would eBay it but if you're gonna go the dealer route then contact David Lawrence Rare Coins or perhaps Pinnacle or somebody, NOT David Hall Rare Coins as you'll certainly be lowballed by at least a grand from them! I'd eBay it though...
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    I think it would be hard to sell it to a dealer for $1,000 but think it would be an easy sell on ebay for that. Coins like this really need to be sold directly to the collector. The average dealer has no idea what the market is for these coins and the ones that do usually want to be the ones to get the grade.
  • Options
    Bob- You bet I am serious about the $1,000! Don't use a reserve auction. Just put the initial bid at $1,000 for a listing fee of only $3.30. You have SOOOOO many Silver Eagle Registry Set owners looking to update their Sets, I think you will have a real bidding war there. I would do in immediately before more 70's begin to appear. Whether the additional 70's are of that date or another, the Registry Set owners will have other alternatives for their money. They will see this as a very rare opportunity to upgrade in a very difficult date. Go for it!!
  • Options
    DCAMFranklin,

I am going to do it. My question now is, do I do it during the holidays (when buyers might be spending on other presents) or after the holidays (when they might be broke!)? Maybe when it pertains to Registry Set collectors, it doesn't make a difference? I'm just not sure if the exposure would be there this close to the holidays?

I'm also thinking of submitting the eBay link to FeaturedAuctions.com. If your item is a valuable one on eBay, they feature it for a $10 listing. Anyone familiar with this site or used it?

Again, thanks for the advice.

Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    My expeiriance tells me it probably wont sell, but the registry makes people spend money they dont have. Get it out there right now and sell for as much as possible. Remember, the reserve could save but also condemm...if it doesnt sell first round and more pop up...forget it.

go for the gusto...and congrats and good luck and happy holidays all.

Bill

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Bob-
    Personally, my experience with the Featured ad is pretty darn limited, but VERY successful. I used it only once for a difficult date PR-70 UCAM Silver Eagle and I received more than my very high initial bid. Personally, I found the $10 spent to have been a very smart investment.

I understand your Holiday Season concern. However, I would be MORE concerned about another '96 PR-70 DCAM showing up in the meantime. I would list it now. You might even go to the Registry Set owners and let them know of your auction. Good luck! I hope you will let us know when you post the auction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file