Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Goodbye David Hall

My suspicions are that David Hall is too smart and/or too busy to make posting here a permanent part of his weekly activities. (Yes, yes,
I stand convicted, but I spend less time here with each passing day.) I mean get real. There are about one thousand coin dealers in the US.
My guess is that less than 10 post here regularly. Wanna guess why? Good guess! (Some members of this board remind me of Al Sharpton (sp?).
Always where the action is but with nothing of value to say. There's a guy on this board that joined in April of this year and he has over 5000 posts.
That's over 23 posts per day! Get a life, dude!)

(If you really want to get an education about coins, get a library. Or better yet, try to sell your modern coins at a coin show.)

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a mechanism where people would be eliminated from this board based upon an objective evaluation of
the quality (not quantity) of their posts? The posts could be submitted and graded by a panel and if they fell below a certain quality
say, "Almost Useful" they would get an automatic 30 day vacation. ("Yeah, Adrian, you'll be the first one to go!")

I also think it would be cool if we had two boards, one board for the children another board for the adults who collect real coins.

And save your flames - I got chunks of guys like you in my stool.

adrian
anaconda.rare.coins

My eBay Store

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Actually, if they changed the posting counts to be by useful content, I'd rank a 14 image

Just as there is a lot of BS in the coin market, there is a lot of BBS on this coin forum. image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    << And save your flames. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool. >>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That just reminds me of that line from City Slickers:

"I crap bigger than you."
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Spare me the "grading and slabbing" of posts ... I'm a First Amendment absolutist: I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
  • Options
    That's pretty funny.....

Spare me the "grading and slabbing" of posts ('shut the hell up')... I'm a First Amendment absolutist
  • Options
    If I was an elitist, would I post here?
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>... I'm a First Amendment absolutist: I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. >>

I am a first amendment proponent also, but just because I think my neighbor's beat up lawn mower is too loud doesn't give me the right to barge in his house to vent my frustration (even though I wanted to many times).
    Yes, the first amendment gives you the right to say what you want, but not where you want to. PCGS owns this Web site; they run the show, pay the bills, and have every right to deny/delete any post on this board.
  • Options
    ANACONDA=RICH SNOB.

THE END.

Sorry we're not all perfect like you. What exactly did I say or do that made me WORTHY of your $500/hour time.
    Get lost. I am. Anybody want to buy my morgan. First 10,000 gets it. Bargain by Anaconda standards.

There.

How's that for a flame. Gonna sue me too?

What makes you so high and mighty that you think you have the God-given right to censor what is said here? My God!

I've had it with coins and people like you.

BARNEY PLISKO
    Nicht mehr Münzen-für jetzt!
  • Options
    Barney. You have admitted on this board that you suffer from Bi-polar disorder. You might want to consider trying to think
    about your posts for at least 30 minutes before you post them. Another thing that might be good is if you have a trusted
    friend that you didn't meet at the local bi-polar support group, review your proposed posts before you post them.

As you may recall, I did a favor for you by spending my time imaging your MS64 Toned Morgan that you admitted paying $3000 for.
    I also returned your coin to you without even asking you for postage. I imaged your coin for free rather than spend time with
    my family or eating salty snacks in front of the Tele. Try to remember that, unless collecting ex-friends is another hobby of yours
    that you plan on excelling at.

Making someone mad who has your home street address is simply a very bad idea. I wouldn't post your address here for
    every felon to see that will break into your house, kill you for your one coin and then leave for his crack dealer's house. But
    you might cross another person with Bi-Polar disorder who has your home address and who, like you, posts before really
    having thought things through.

And with regard to you questioning me about why I did the favor for you, it's because money isn't everything. I believe
    that helping people is the best way to derive a high opinion of yourself.

Just something to think about.

adrian

• Options
    anaconda, what ever happened to "welcome David"?
    Think for a minute, time will tell if he is sincere in spending time on these boards. 99% of the people here i think are willing to give him a chance. If he really cares about his customers, i think he will read and post here for some time to come.
    IMO your post is no better than spam.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Who's David?
  • Options
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    You bring out the worst in me, I hope no one read my post about you, two wrongs dont make a right!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    << You bring out the worst in me, I hope no one read my post about you, two wrongs dont make a right! >>

I did. And now I am blackmailing you. Please send 1926-S Buffalo in MS65 to the following address:

MastaHanky
    By the green dumpster behind Blockbuster Video
    Utah
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    1000 coin dealers? i doubt it. i'd say more like 20. the rest are coin brokers & don't know diddly doo about coins. but they know a heckuva lot about money & plastic...

but this is allegedly an "open forum", which means your "cool idea" is not realistic. no limitations on who gets in are mentioned anywhere that i've seen. i'd say if you feel so danged strongly about it, start a new coin forum internet site yourself. no doubt a lot of improvements could be made

K S
  • Options
    big dealers probably start out as small collectors. don't flame the little guys who someday might look down on you and suggest posting on an elite board.
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    I also think it would be cool if we had two boards, one board for the children another board for the adults who collect real coins.

Adrian,

None of them are real, they're all an illusion. You know that better than most.image Besides, "real" coin collectors aren't the real revenue source for PCGS. The 10 coins you've submitted represent $300 worth of grading fees, and probably represent $100,000 worth of risk. Perhaps more problematic is the additional care given those 10 submissions in contrast to the regular submissions of $50 coins. I love the stuff you collect, but it doesn't make much of a revenue stream for PCGS. I'm sure they love slabbing a few trophy coins because for PR reasons, they need your coins, but I doubt revenue from trophy submissions would fund a seperate board. IMO, they better keep the modern collectors.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options

<< <i>Making someone mad who has your home street address is simply a very bad idea. I wouldn't post your address here for
    every felon to see that will break into your house, kill you for your one coin and then leave for his crack dealer's house.

adrian >>

that's enough to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Is there a board policy about stuff like this?
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This belongs on the open forum. Deep, deep on the open forum.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    after reading this garbage, to me it is on an equivalent LOW of the dealer in a thread/story the other day posted by Pushkin that took place in Baltimore.

Link to pushkin thread

You have no idea of what some of us "really" collect or just how much money some of us truly have to spend.

Guess what, you'll never find out from me.

You choose to attempt to belittle us with your words possibly to make yourself feel all high and mighty. Would you like to attempt to belittle one or some of us in person at a show to our face? How about just me?

edited to add: To think, I stood there at your table to meet you (which I never did) because you were on the phone and I didn't interrupt.

• Options
    Goose3 -- Take your pick:

1. Goose - I am so sorry, I just got up on the wrong side of the bed. Please forgive me. I remember you standing at my table. Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I was visiting with my two girls who are 3 and 5 and who needed to hear from their Dad. Did you know that the more love girls feel from their dad, the higher the probability is that they will not be promiscuous. Check it out, it's an accepted theory in psychological circles. Again, please accept my apologies.

2. Goose - what I was trying to do was get a rise out of you and make you think. I don't care what you collect just so long as we share this common bond of coins. Moderns are ok, I have a few. People should collect what they like, not what is “acceptable”.

3. Dude. The slack leaves your chain with great rapidity and little reason. Ever go fishin'?

4. Dude - you obviously collect moderns. I don't sell moderns. I don't sell other things too. If you like moderns, great, I hope you're enjoying yourself. That's what collecting is all about. I was just for the most part having a little fun and trying to just kick the bee hive.

5. Excuse me. I remember you. You were about 5’ 4”. Your glasses were taped at the bridge with white medical tape. I wasn’t on the phone. I was pretending to be on the phone.

6. You collect moderns? Why? Did you know that early circulated material is about the same price as super high grade Moderns? Do you know why there are guys that deal in moderns? It’s because they’re like cucumbers. Cheap and easy to grow. They also both are not very nourishing and give most people serious gas. Why don’t you start collecting real coins. I bought a 1795 Flowing Hair Half in PCGS Fine 15 with no problems for less than most Kennedys in Mint state 68. When you wake up from your modern induced hypnotic state, and realize that you’re squandering your family’s money on trash, maybe your wife will give thanks shortly after your demise that you collected real coins instead of buying into perfecto mania. Buy hey, I don’t expect miracles. (Go back and read what you wrote as an indication of the likelihood that you are going to have an epiphany.) Actually, I hear that moderns are going to rocket in price as soon as someone figures out that they work better than Sominex and putting people to sleep.

Now, the real reply:

7. You should collect whatever you want to. My son likes Lincolns and other inexpensive coins. I have no problem with that whatsoever. It’s a hobby and you should collect not only what you can afford but what appeals to you. But if you’re going to spend a lot of money on coins, please try to develop an interest in coins that will be worth something some day. If you can get as excited about early circulated material that is under priced and not rocketing in the pop reports, you will better off financially. The whole modern coin thing is a tar baby. But, if you like moderns and want to spend all of your money on them, it’s your money and you can do whatever you like. Being a little provocative is effective at accomplishing my mission. My postings are just words and ideas. They’re not sacred and shouldn’t be taken too seriously. We’re talking coins here, not religion or woman’s rights. Again, just coins. And, sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you in Baltimore. I was either visiting with a collector or trying to be a good dad, both worthy goals.

adrian

• Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    <FONT face=Verdana size=1>ANACONDA I don't know you, but from this post I have you seem very selfcentered. what happen did someone say something about the over price coin on your ebay site. Chuck of guy like us in you stool now that just go to show you're fill of $hit</FONT>

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    bottom line to me still is that there are 2 hobbies. 1 where folks collect coins, another where folks collect slabs. some try to do both, but it's still 2 hobbies.

reality is there are very, very few "coin collectors" anymore. and i doubt that more than a couple of em pay any attention to this forum

K S
  • Options
    GPGP Posts: 186

<< <i> Dude. The slack leaves your chain with great rapidity and little reason. Ever go fishin'? >>

now thats a classic!
  • Options
    Wow! this is great.I would like the big bucks coin dealers to remember where their paychecks come from.I will use an example.You sit at a game of Hold-um.The "real" players are supported by the "wanna-bees" every time.Just a few at the table is enough.This board is for everyone.I think the Major League players should play with themselves.And the sand lot players do the same.There are "biggies" here that don't mind dispencing advice,and are truly fine people that know that it turns into sales.If this board displeases you,or you don't gain some knowledge or sales,be gone with you,and I will thank you.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "click" . . . . "click" . . . . "click" . . . . "click" "click" "click" . . . . . .

Carol, how did you tell me to delete a thread from the boards????
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>If I was an elitist, would I post here? >>

Sure, if it makes you feel better about yourself. Seems you have a lot of class, too bad it's all.....

low!
    Joe
  • Options
    Hey Joe! I see you're poor white trash just like me - ever been to a stock car race? They're the coolest. Like Waffle House on steroids.

Don't take me too seriously or else you'll have to leave the office and go home and change your clothes. We're just talking coins here. If you really want to know what I think, take a look at #7 right next to goose3's post, up above. Moderns are cool. I have a few. They're right next to my collection of Hee Haw tapes.

adrian
  • Options
    Adrian,
    Been to lots of Winston Cup races (Fontana, CA Las Vegas NV) Apparently most of the USA is white trash as this is America's largest and fastest growing spectator sport. Unlike other sports full of whining cry-babies, these guys not only risk their lives every Sunday, but they never go on strike. What's not to love about that?
    Joe
    P.S. What office?image
  • Options
    Anaconda,

You are 2 days too early! It is only Wednesday and trolling, sarcasm, baiting, etc. are not permitted until Friday 5:00pm CST. Check the CU handbook! Really.

As Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along"?

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Okay class, I have a question. Who's the bigger loser?

a) The average joe that posts here to have some fun.

b) The arrogant rich-boy snob who mistakenly assumes - simply because a few sycophants kiss his ass - that he has anything of value to contribute.

If you answered "b", go to the head of the class.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a "C"- "All of the above"?

peacockcoins

• Options
    Good Morning Russ,
    Wondered when you'd show up!
    Joe
    P.S. "b"
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I don't understand.

Why do these stupid threads get 50-100 posts, while a thread I started about the 1936 Proof Lincoln gets only three? I shared pics of the ONLY three Cameo 1936 Brilliant Proof Lincolns ever graded, and it is not only the key coin in the series, but the highest quality of the key, matched only by Stewart Blay's PR67red, which I do not have a picture of (but would like to).

Does anybody care about coins, are do you just want to sit around and circle jerk?

Look at the pictures of the coins. Odds are NOBODY is ever going to see all three of them lined up in person, so this is your next best shot. If you don't like the coins, say what you don't like about them. Discuss coins for God's sake.
    Doug
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I liked the coins you posted, but all I could say would be "wow, I wish I was able to afford one." image But you're right, the negative stuff gets more replies. Same reason why negative campaigns get votes.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Anaconda - Your comments while containing an element of truth was unnecessarily

harsh and unfair. This Forum is all about average people, seeking some relaxation

after work. We share a little knowlege, a little friendship and yes a little silly

banter. This is really not a bussiness Forum and we have few rules other then

good manners, good language and hopefully good intentions.

A few members do indeed use the Forum to drain rage , anger and frustration

and I wish with all my heart it were otherwise. We do have our share of Trollish

behavior , but we counter that with cheerful and upbeat messages and information.

Like life itself, this Forum has the good, the bad and the ugly. We all must relish what is good

and either reform the bad, or ignore it as best we can.

Perfection is an illusion and does not exist in this world. If you seek such an ideal

situation, you are bound to be disappointed and frustrated. You are a good guy with many thoughtful

comments and views and many of us really enjoy reading your thoughts. But we must all try

to be a little more tolerant of each others imperfections if we are all to survive on this planet.

The always hopeful Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Bear - I have no problem with you, but if anyone gets third degree burns at every turn, it's me. I get flamed for easing over on one cheek and none of you guys are even in the same room with me. And you know what, I can handle it. And, i can dish it out with big scoops. Whipped cream on that, sir?

So, if some LOSER, who posts 23 times a day can criticize me about my $1,000,000 ACG listing, something that has done more to help new collectors and the ill-informed than he could ever even dream of doing, he had better get ready to hear my truth about his tastes in coins. Besides, if Kennedy lovers are so smart, they should see a wormed hook when one is in front of them.

"Can't we all just get along.......but let's just wait to do that until after we hack at the snake....."

Capeche?
  • Options
    Russ in the post above -- "Okay class, I have a question. Who's the bigger loser?"

So you're the teacher, and we're the students? That's a joke. Kinda let that little Freudian slip show......the only thing you can teach us is how to misdirect our lives to the worship of some coin bulletin board.

Oh, and by the way, if you are poor, don't blame me, blame your parents or your self. The poor always call the wealthy derogatory names while they're taking out the trash.

I earned every penny i have. I was emancipated at 17. When are you getting your own place? When you find your skateboard?
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Does anybody else find it fascinating that Anaconda mentions Barney's bi-polar problems (lot of class, there, bunky) while at the same time displaying all the classic symptoms of same?

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    So, now your an expert on Bi-polar disorder? That's interesting.

You know, you almost had me fooled. I thought you're not posting to trolls like me was a sign of your high IQ which was juxtaposed to your collecting interests. Now you can't resist and I've lost what little respect for you that I had. Russ, face it, collecting Kennedys and being the teacher here on the boards is where you're at and that speaks more eloquently than I could ever.

I have a real life to attend to, you know, earning a living. So, why don't you just keep adding to your post count and maybe you can be elevated to the school Principal after you hit 10,000 on the "can't get a life" scale. Remember, you're the one who checks up on people to see if they're on the boards. Real interesting stuff, there, Russ.
  • Options
    Boy - A lot of unresolved anger and hostility there. Im sure glad I am just a little bear

and dont have to put up with all of these people problems. Its not always what people have to say

rather its the manner in which they say it. I suppose a little tact and diplomacy would be

of great benefit on this Forum.Everyone has feelings, even big strong constrictor snakes

and it would be a nice thing if people were a little more gentle with how they address those

feelings. Hey, are all of you good people out there listening!!!!!!!!!!!! Easy on the sulfur and a little

more on the molasses PLEASE.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Reading all this and still waiting for the originator to make a cogent point.

Scott M

B
    Scott M

Everything is linear if plotted log-log with a fat magic marker
  • Options
    Now scott, your comment was a little unkind.

Some of us havent made a cogent point since we have

been on the Forum.image Bear
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Edited to delete hurtfull comments.
    Increase the Peace,
    Joe
  • Options
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    It's sad to me that a person of such influence as David Hall, (who admittedly is now starting to take more time to read our posts), is going to turn on his computer, enthusiatically click to this forum, and read all our "intellectual and thoughtful" responses that are contained in this thread. Now I know why he only had 7 posts in a year in a half. There are more importantant things to do then to "cherrypick" through this garbage. image
  • Options
    Loki, very well said.
  • Options
    Loki,
    You are so correct, I took offense and had a knee-jerk reaction to some things said here. New garbage heaped on top of the old garbage only makes more garbage. I apologize to the forum for taking the bait.
    Joe
  • Options
    Let this thread die. It has served no usefull purpose, and if kept going will do more harm.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    I don't have time for a well thought out and organized comment. But this will do.

This is a message board. Very few people here actually know me. And I don't really know many of the people here. What we say about each other should be taken in that context. (I actually met at least 15 board members in Baltimore. I liked every one of them. Even if there were a few pocket protectors peeking out of Members Only jackets.....breathe in, breathe out, keep reading.)

But we know what we see. It's a microcosm of humanity. And we all come back for more. Who is to blame? None of us - we are made that way. We all want a little pepper, that's why threads like this go on and on. Coins are cool but people and conflicts are cooler, and no one gets killed here.

I love to stir things up, (yes, I know that comes as a shock to you) and it's not difficult if you pick easy targets. And, if you see me write something and it looks like there is about a 2% chance that my tongue is in my cheek, then it is. Sometimes I'm too subtle but i think that most people "get it." Baiting Russ is no easy task. Try it.

Most people have really long chains and so it's a challenge, sometimes. The only problem is when someone takes things too seriously. I have been known to do that. I try to tell myself that it's just a message board and if my 13 year old son comes in here and sees me called a "sheister", well then, welcome to life. He knows me and he might as well hear bad things about me here than from someone who really knows me.

People are the most interesting things connected to coins. The coins are cool but the people are way cooler. The makers, the movers, the shakers. I mean, the most influential man in coins in the last 50 years just found the boards here. You don't think that is interesting?

The Kennedy boys, the trade dollar nuts, Laurie, Mark, and even Russ are the people that make this place fun. Just don't anyone take it too seriously.

There, my count is one more closer to Russ'. I'm gaining on you, boy.

adrian
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think its kind of cool to see David Hall on the boards...

i would be interested in his remarks about ogden's 1798 dollar...image

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file