Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NGC comes through!

Last week I had posted about an NGC downgrade submission experience where a Buffalo Nickel was downgraded from a 65 to 63 due to a staple scratch.
Apparently through browsing this forum, "Ken" of NGC called me today expressing concern over my dissatisfaction in their re-grade and offered to purchase the coin. What is most impressive is that NGC sought me out, placed the call and made their offer. I feel this was customer service at it's best and only fair to share this experience with you folks.

Paul

Comments

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    that does sound like a remarkable level of customer service. wish my stock-broker would do the same.

oh, that's right, i don't have a stock-broker....

K S
  • Options

<< <i>"Ken" of NGC called me today expressing concern over my dissatisfaction in their re-grade and offered to purchase the coin. What is most impressive is that NGC sought me out, placed the call and made their offer. I feel this was customer service at it's best and only fair to share this experience with you folks. >>

image That rocks..... image
    We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    told u guys NGC rocks

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    NGC's customer server searches the PCGS coin forum in case they happen to find unhappy NGC customers? Wow, that is impressive. The only coin I ever had re-evaluated was a NGC coin and they replaced the coin. I really do like their customer server.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I haven't read this book, but I saw it on a bookshelf in one of my client's office this morning, it is titled, "Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless." Maybe this is why PCGS doesn't seem to be concerned as much about customer satisfaction (at least if I read the poster's comments correctly on these forums). It seems they have customer loyalty, as also if I am interpreting the posts correctly, many of us will tolerate poor customer service, as we keep submittirng coins to them. By the way in all fairness I have never submitted a coin for grading. I am only interpreting what I read here.
  • Options
    Now THAT'S how to handle a problem!!!!!image

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    Let's hear it for NGC...That's the way you become No.1. Twowood
  • Options
    Paulheep-
    I don't believe you can get any better customer service than that. That is truly going above and beyond! If they don't receive your submission business with that move, then something is really wrong. I'm amazed, impressed and dazzled by that move!
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure they read this board or did someone just link to your thread from their board? Anyway great service. I'm considering sending some of my business their way (not because of this)
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Wooohoooooo!!

Paul.. are they buying the coin as a 63 or as a 65?
    Matt
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    paulheep are u telling the truth? That's really hard to believe!
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file