Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NGC To Reverse coins in There Holders

ArtRArtR Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
NGC has not made it official yet, but I heard that they finally have broke down, and will place coins with nice reverse toning to the front of there holders.
If It doesn't have great eye appeal, I don't want it.

Comments

• Options
    wow! a merchant that caters to their clients. what is this world coming to?
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Excellent news Art, I have a few candidates for that reholder service, thanks for the update!

Dragon
  • Options
    GrahamGraham Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Cool! I wonder when they'll start?
  • Options
    I don't know when it will start. I just found out about it today.
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Art,

Interesting news.

I had asked Mark Salzburg about this topic at the ANA in NYC. He almost seemed ready to do it and then began hedging saying that it was against company policy and he'd be in hot water with a lot of customers for doing so.

I gently pointed out that it was only a matter of time before the market forced them to make the change, so why not make an exception in my case? I was trying to get a 58-D Washington Quarter reversed in the holder.

Well, he wouldn't give in to my request.....but he did upgrade the quarter from a PCGS MS67 holder an NGC MS68 holder!image

GSAGUY
  • Options
    MorganluverMorganluver Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    That's great news. I have called them on several occasions the past year asking them to do this. I gave them some very strong positive arguments for doing so. I've sent quite a few of their coins to PCGS for this very purpose even though I think many toned coins look better in the white holders. They were definately losing some of their real pretty coins to PCGS. Thanks you guys for keeping the pressure on them.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent! NGC listens and then acts to customer wants and wishes. Good for them!

peacockcoins

• Options
    I also have asked them about it a number of times, I guess they finally heard from enough people to make it clear that its what many collectors want.
  • Options
    Well it is now official. Here is a post that was put up by Dena on the NGC Message Boards.

<< <i>Effective immediately, NGC will honor requests to put the attractively toned side of a coin face up in the holder. Coins should be submitted on separate submission forms from coins not requiring the service. Also, the submission form must be clearly marked, "REVERSE UP". >>

Need to Add

<< <i>Special Note: Requests to holder a coin reverse side up will be honored at NGC's discretion. >>

<< <i>Owners of NGC-certified coins who wish to have their coins reholdered with the reverse up, may submit such coins in their holders for our Reholder service at $4 per coin. Remember, your form must be clearly marked, "REVERSE UP". >>

• Options
    Art,
    Your 1881s are beautiful!!!
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Out of the closet Morgan loverimage
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Good work Art! Will you have any of your coins reholdered?

Personally, I think you should have them 'repackaged'.....and placed in my collection.imageimage

GSAGUY
  • Options
    Of course the solution would be to make the front and back labeling the same, then it would matter
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Another win-both-ways approach is for a slab company to print the label on both sides of a coin. Make everyone happy. image
  • Options

<< <i>! Will you have any of your coins reholdered? >>

I only own one reverse toned Morgan, and I'll probably have it reholdered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file