Quick Links:   Pop Report | Set Registry | Cert Verification | Collectors Club | Grading Standards | Show Schedule

Navigation:

FORUMS > BUY, SELL & TRADE - CURRENCY [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: WANTED!!! DISNEY DOLLARS!!!!
Created On Wednesday December 30, 2009 9:46 AM
Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Wednesday December 30, 2009 9:46 AM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

Looking for ALL Disney Dollars.

Any year. Any condition.

What's 'ya got ???

PM me or email at [email protected]

Thanks!

Larry Emard

-------------------------
I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....[email protected]

CHEERS!!

Bottom

Oldabe

Wednesday December 30, 2009 10:52 AM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

Larry:

Enjoyed meeting you at the Houston Money show.

Regards,
Rick

Bottom

Musky1011
Expert Collector

Wednesday December 30, 2009 11:26 AM

all have the same crease through center of bill

Honor is what you do when no one is looking

Bottom

Oldabe

Wednesday December 30, 2009 3:48 PM

Here's the TinkerBell you were looking for.

It appears to have been up for a long time so I am sure you've seen it.

Tink Link

Rick

Bottom

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Wednesday December 30, 2009 8:08 PM

Hi Musky1011...

Those are common, and in that condition they are worth about face value.

Thanks for the post.

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

CHEERS!!

Bottom

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Wednesday December 30, 2009 8:11 PM

Hi Rick...

HA!!! That guy has been trying to sell the group of 2002's forever...(Good Luck on that one...He's only asking about 300% higher than it should be...HA...LOL...)...

Thanks for the heads up.

Larry

CHEERS!!

Bottom

racecap97
Collector

Wednesday December 30, 2009 8:25 PM

The disney money notes are pretty cool. How much of a collector demand for those notes is there? I assume its more for the disney collectors than it would be for the currency collectors. I remember back when I was about 10 (20yrs ago) my friend went to disney and brought back a few different disney dollars and I always wanted some of my own but never got any and i've still never been to disneyland.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INTERESTING HAWAII NOTES. CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A $1 HAWAII YB BLOCK NOTE IN GEM 67 OR 68.

Bottom

lbtrip23

Wednesday December 30, 2009 9:39 PM

I got this one when I was a kid.

Looking for notes with 11121976

Bottom

Oldabe

Thursday December 31, 2009 12:11 PM

I will admit I know little about the collectibility of Disney Dollars, but I thought Tinker Bell was the rarest of the rare. If the rarest Disney note is WAY overpriced @ $129 there must not be much of a market. Am I missing something?

Rick

Bottom

racecap97
Collector

Thursday December 31, 2009 5:57 PM

lbtrip23

That was one of the notes that I was talking about seeing my friend come back with when I was a kid, so i'd assume that note is around 15-20yrs old.

Oldabe

A few years back I was looking on ebay for some disney dollars and found a guy selling some Pirates of the Carrabean disney dollars and they were more than what the seller is asking for that tinkerbell note if I remember correctly. I don't remember much other than they were VERY expensive.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INTERESTING HAWAII NOTES. CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A $1 HAWAII YB BLOCK NOTE IN GEM 67 OR 68.

Bottom

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Thursday December 31, 2009 6:13 PM

Hey Rick.

The Tinkerbell pictured in that eBay ad has an "A" prefix, indicating that it came from Anaheim (Disneyland). There is a few of those around, and I have a graded PCGS 68PPQ in my collection...

....The REAL RARE one has a "D" prefix, indicating it came from DisneyWorld in Orlando.. How rare you ask??? Well...I've never seen one and I've never seen a picture of one...Book value lists the "D" at $400.00 (WAYYYYYYYYYYY too low...)

Thanks for the call back..

Larry

CHEERS!!

Bottom

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Thursday December 31, 2009 6:22 PM

Hi Rick..

I went back and re-read your post... The Tinkerbell is not the most expensive note that Disney put out. Just one of the more popular. Tinkerbell was only put on a Disney Dollar once, and it's on a $10.

The 2005 (Disneyland 50th anniversary) $50.00 Boyer note is the top.

The Boyer Father/son team of artists is responsible for creating the only $50 Disney note. The first 100 S/N's were signed by both guys and framed in a special front/back frame. Book value says $850.00, which is low. Current value is probably more like $1500.00 or so...if you can find one. I've recently had #82 offered to me for $2500.00..(still thinking about it...).

Hope this helps...

Happy Mickey!!!

Larry

CHEERS!!

Bottom

Oldabe

Thursday December 31, 2009 8:09 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the information.....got a picture of one of the $50? I'd like to see one.

Thank,
Rick

Bottom

indiananationals
Collector

Thursday December 31, 2009 8:28 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-D-10-Disney-Dollar-Minnie-Uncirculated-5-Digit_W0QQitemZ200420884143QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2eaa03feaf

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-50TH-CHARLES-BOYER-50-SIGNED-DISNEY-DOLLAR-MINT_W0QQitemZ120508154602QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0ed882ea

why did the first one sell so high

POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

Bottom

racecap97
Collector

Thursday December 31, 2009 11:53 PM

Where do you get all the information on Disney dollars? What price guide is there for these, I'M INTERESTED!

Bottom

bretts911
Collector

Thursday December 31, 2009 11:57 PM

<< http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-D-10-Disney-Dollar-Minnie-Uncirculated-5-Digit_W0QQitemZ200420884143QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2eaa03feaf >>

<< http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-50TH-CHARLES-BOYER-50-SIGNED-DISNEY-DOLLAR-MINT_W0QQitemZ120508154602QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0ed882ea >>

Wow are you for real i would not pay more than a dollar for them but thats just me

Bottom

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Friday January 01, 2010 10:07 AM

...Just to clarify...

The 1995 $10 Minnie ("D" Disney World).. is grossly over priced. At over $1200.00 (sold), there might be a little behind the scenes action.. Book value for these is at $75.00, and I've owned a few .

The 2005 $50 Boyer is priced right, for what it is..explain...There are actually 2 differend Boyers. The first 100 S/N's are framed (by Disney) and signed by both Boyer's. These are the top dog's of the Disney Dollars collecting. The second (which is shown in the eBay ad...) is actually one of the rest of the 1955 notes produced. All of these notes (S/N 101 - 1955) have the "B" prefix but were not signed or framed. Looks like somebody got a hold of this note (#247) and simply had the Boyers sign it aftermarket. Hence no low number and no frame. The sale of the note on eBay at a touch over $500, with the Boyers aftermarket signatures is pretty close IMO. Book shows the framed Boyer at $850.00 (a steal...) and the Boyer $50's (B101 - B1955) at $400.00 (about right).

Now...just to complicate things...

There is also a regular $50, one from Disneyland (A) and one from DisneyWorld (D). Here's how you tell the difference...

All the Boyer $50's will be numbered 1955 and below (the first 100 being the framed ones...). All Boyer notes will have a picture of Mickey looking in a mirror (hence the term "Mickey in the Mirror"). If you look closely in the mirror, you will see Mickey's reflection as he was 50 years ago.

All the other $50's (S/N 1956 and higher) will only have a large picture of Mickey's face in the center of the note. All of these were distributed at the parks, and will have the prefix of "A" or "D" only.

Larry

CHEERS!!

Bottom

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Friday January 01, 2010 10:19 AM

Racecap97...

There are a couple price guides out there. The guide that most collectors use is the "History of Disney Dollars" by Charlie Rogers. Can't buy them a Amazon or the Internet (just the way Charlie wants it...

Has history stories on the illastrators, Debut Dollars, Error's, Disney Yen and Disney Euro's, a checklist, a character list, and a pricing guid for all the notes 1987 - 2009.

(I use it everyday...)

Charlie is at most of the West coast shows and will be happy to take your cash for a book, and I also carry a pile of the guides to all the shows I attend (FUN, ANA, Long Beach, Baltimore, Santa Clara, etc.)

LMK if I can help.

Larry

CHEERS!!

Bottom

indiananationals
Collector

Friday January 01, 2010 1:14 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Dollars-Information-Resource-Collector-Guide_W0QQitemZ350299533147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518f7aaf5b

here is a price guide ....what is the top bil 1933 mickey cone dollar ??? where do u find one ?? value??

POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

Bottom

KING KELLOGG
Collector

Friday January 01, 2010 1:45 PM

Indy Nats.

I've seen the book...pretty much no comment...sorry

I use the book by Charlie Rogers.

Larry

CHEERS!!

Edited: Friday January 01, 2010 at 1:46 PM by KING KELLOGG

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
FORUMS > BUY, SELL & TRADE - CURRENCY [ REFRESH ]
View Member Listing | Add To Member Listing

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership

Collectors Universe, Inc., or any subsidiary or affiliate is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any messages.

FuseTalk 3.0 - Copyright 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.