Quick Links:   Pop Report | Set Registry | Cert Verification | Collectors Club | Grading Standards | Show Schedule

Navigation:

FORUMS > U.S. & WORLD CURRENCY FORUM [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: 1935A 'R' and 'S' Experimental Star Notes
Created On Wednesday August 18, 2010 7:31 PM

awillis
Veteran

Wednesday August 18, 2010 7:31 PM

User is online View thread in raw text format

Hi,

Does anybody have any comments on replacement notes for the 'R' and 'S' experimental silver certificates of the 1935A series? I know that 12,000 of each were printed. Any idea how many are known out there? About the only ones I've seen are in the Heritage archives. I guess they don't show up too often. Anyone lucky enough to own one of these? Thanks

Bottom

racecap97
Collector

Wednesday August 18, 2010 8:37 PM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

I don't have any, however I would love to own a pair of Gem 67 R and S notes. They would go great with my $1 Hawaii collection. These notes pop up from time to time in other auction houses and on ebay. There are plenty of forum members that have these notes. I hope some of them post some nice ones. I wish I could!

-------------------------
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INTERESTING HAWAII NOTES. CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A $1 HAWAII YB BLOCK NOTE IN GEM 67 OR 68.

Bottom

SerialNumberGuy
Veteran

Wednesday August 18, 2010 8:50 PM

<< Hi,

Does anybody have any comments on replacement notes for the 'R' and 'S' experimental silver certificates of the 1935A series? I know that 12,000 of each were printed. Any idea how many are known out there? About the only ones I've seen are in the Heritage archives. I guess they don't show up too often. Anyone lucky enough to own one of these? Thanks
>>

Hello awillis:
I have kept a census of many scarce or rare small size notes and I have recorded serial numbers for 34 "S" star notes and 32 "R" star notes.

Logan

Collector: of low or fancy serial numbers in the 1928 - 1963 era including radars and repeaters, better stars, mules, special serial number ranges, also pre WWII Philippine star notes and low serials as well as low and fancy serials on MPC

Data collection: serial number data of scarce notes in the 1928 to 1963 era - radars, repeaters, scarce stars, mules, and other scarce or rare notes in all types or series & large size 8 digit radars or repeaters
My email is: [email protected]

Bottom

racecap97
Collector

Wednesday August 18, 2010 8:56 PM

I missread the original post, didn't see the "replacement" part. The star notes seem to be few and far between. I was refering to the regular notes sorry.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INTERESTING HAWAII NOTES. CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A $1 HAWAII YB BLOCK NOTE IN GEM 67 OR 68.

Bottom

awillis
Veteran

Wednesday August 18, 2010 10:03 PM

User is online View thread in raw text format

That's ok racecap, the regular notes are fascinating enough, and tough enough to get. I used to have fine examples of each. Now I have a fine example of the 'S' note, still looking for an affordable 'R'. Thanks for the census info Logan. Sounds like they are a true rarity. I guess those are going to have to be part of the "long-term" acquisition plan.

Andrew

Bottom

FORUMS > U.S. & WORLD CURRENCY FORUM [ REFRESH ]
View Member Listing | Add To Member Listing

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership

Collectors Universe, Inc., or any subsidiary or affiliate is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any messages.

FuseTalk 3.0 - Copyright 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.