Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Brett OPC rookie showed up today.... well... sort of!!

Been waiting for this to show.... but wasn't expecting this. Paid $10 shipping and they used plain envelope.

Comments

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    WTH is that?? $10 for that crap!!
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    So how many pieces is the card now in?

• Stinky Canadians!
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    Card never showed.... just the damaged envelope in the plastic bag from the postal service with an apology.
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you will get an expeditious refund.
    Steve
  • The question is where on the floor is the card? No, rather its how did it go out the door, in his pocket or backpack?
    Sad. Hope you get your full refund. Its so blatant they just tear it right down the middle and oh well sorry.

Although, packaged like that the seller should know better.
  • Card enclosed. What a genius.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Its so blatant and obvious with arrows pointing to the valuables, that I would have been worried it was an FBI sting and would have been looking for hidden cameras. But maybe Im giving them too much credit.
  • Not a question that you'll get a full refund. Buyers on eBay are bulletproof. Sorry that you didn't get the card that you wanted.
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • StamkosFanStamkosFan Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    Card enclosed could of meant steal me as well.
    I buy from Canada a lot. Who is the seller?
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    seriously, out the seller. that's insane.
  • TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    What? $10 shipping ... envelope ... epic fail ... honest mistake? Come on. This is wrong on so many levels. The Dude
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thunder Bay...just North on Lake Nipigon I caught an 8lb 1oz Brook Trout and it's on the wall. Also bought some OPC cards on the trip. I was about 12 at the time. I hope you get your money back!!!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this one?

It's the only sold one from Canada on ebay. I'm guessing the op was waiting for awhile from what he said. This one sold in late August.

link

I have requested a refund. Just waiting to hear from seller. Here was the original auction (lots of scratches on case but card didn't look too bad)

Brett card
  • Good luck. Keep us informed. Unfort I just don't send to Canada or vice versa. Just too many complications, taxes, and less options.
  • 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seller is an idiot. If he was shipping PWE only 1.20 in postage required. For what he paid - 2.95 - he could have shipped in a small bubble mailer.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Thievery mixed with idiocy all in the same person.

"Hey everyone, cash inside!"
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have requested a refund. Just waiting to hear from seller. Here was the original auction (lots of scratches on case but card didn't look too bad)

Brett card >>

and he had it listed as a 1974 card as well; even if he refunds your money, I hope you still give him the negative he deserves

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
    BTW..the sellers name and address is on the envelope.

94% after 700+ feedbacks says a little about the seller.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and he had it listed as a 1974 card as well; even if he refunds your money, I hope you still give him the negative he deserves
    >>

And the description says "rare George Brett 2nd yr O Pee Chee Crd". image
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    Wow that's a shame hope it works out for you. But not getting the card sucks
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW..the sellers name and address is on the envelope.

94% after 700+ feedbacks says a little about the seller. >>

I believe that feedback percentage is calculated on the past 12 months....for example, a 1000 feedback seller takes a year off from selling then gets 1 neg on 10 sales when he comes back...his feedback percentage would be 90% and not 99.9%

Just another ebay trying to micromanage nonsense
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I thought we were talking about a Brett Hull OPC RC this whole time, lol. Carry on...
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke. Guy deserves a neg.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    He probably thinks he was saving money by doing this as his local post office probably gave him the wrong rate for sending cards protected in cardboard and put in a bubble envelope. Because all the contents are paper they can be mailed to the US for $2.95 not the higher rate that most post offices will charge.

Bush league.
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    grade 3 shipping.
    Sorry for late update, I was away for the weekend. He actually only had one neg. in last 12 months. But here is the update.

My original email to him which also included the scan of the damaged envelope:

"Just received damaged envelope with no card inside. Please see attached scan (damaged envelope arrived in a plastic bag from Postal Service). I would like a refund please. -Claude"

here is his response:

"This is a post office matter...Card was shipped properly from Canada.."
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

here is his response:

"This is a post office matter...Card was shipped properly from Canada.." >>

time to open up a case with eBay

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way past time to open case, if you haven't done so yet. Do it immediately!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    Negative feedback as well!

This is the kind of seller that gives ebay sellers a bad name!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Most likely, he is correct in that it "is a post office matter". While I am not a lawyer (but with enough business experience to be dangerous), I am pretty sure that it "is a post office matter" for HIM.
    sigh, so little needed to be done to prevent this from turning into ...this
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    From collecting some actor/actress sigs over the years a lot of these autographs that he has up for dirt cheap look FAKE. Well pretty much all of them look fake, anyone else seeing what I am seeing here?

<< <i>sigh, so little needed to be done to prevent this from turning into ...this >>

You were doomed when you dealt with an idiot. You will get your money back. The seller will still be an idiot...................you win.