Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

October Pick-Up's......Let's post some pictures

Hey guys, October is already here. Let's see what you have picked up.

Mark
Project:

T206 Set - 300/524

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured I would start doing a small Topps and maybe Bowman player collection of Mike Trout. No Chromes just basic Topps in Bowmans, I prefer the clean look over the shiny.

imageimage
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can never go wrong with a gem mint Mike Trout. Those are very nice. Here are 3 additions with one from each sport. Pretty happy to find a nicely centered 69 Mays and to land it for a very good price as well.

imageimageimage
    love the 65 Unitas!
  • rjcoy06rjcoy06 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
  • This thread is already off to a great start! Love the Oscar!
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been in the market for a 1970 Topps Mays without the line running along the top. Very happy with this sharp PSA 6. Thought it was a score for $31:

Daniel
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the Roy rookie. Nice card.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, I bought a couple of these in Sept., but I don't think I posted any of them in that month's thread.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I figured I would start doing a small Topps and maybe Bowman player collection of Mike Trout. No Chromes just basic Topps in Bowmans, I prefer the clean look over the shiny.
    >>

I added to my Trout player collection....

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • I found this group of T206 cards "in the wild" so to speak. Almost walked right by based on the condition/asking price assuming they were all common backs... I am glad I didn't and boy was I ever wrong! Easily my best "find" ever.

[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/cardsfan73/media/t206 front_zpsk3j8vtgr.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/cardsfan73/media/t206 back_zpsch69rkyd.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • That Drum back is amazing. Congrats on the find. Here's a handful that have arrived the past two days.

imageimage

• DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing T206 find-- man, those little cards are so charming, colorful, full of character. I keep a small stack of beater common T206s on my desk just because they are so quaint and cheery.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    t206 is an area I'm weak in..what makes them so much better than the other ones?...is there a huge price difference?.....i figure rarity, but id love to know a little of the history....although in regards to my bank account i probably shouldn't even start into these sets...some great looking cards here...i always love the 75s and personally the trouts
    thanks
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

<< <i>

<< <i>I figured I would start doing a small Topps and maybe Bowman player collection of Mike Trout. No Chromes just basic Topps in Bowmans, I prefer the clean look over the shiny.
    >>

I added to my Trout player collection....

image >>

Nice!
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Love the 70 Mays. I've seen plenty of 8's not look that good.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I found this group of T206 cards "in the wild" so to speak. Almost walked right by based on the condition/asking price assuming they were all common backs... I am glad I didn't and boy was I ever wrong! Easily my best "find" ever.

image >>

Nice find!!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    The collecting diversity in this group is quite amazing!! Loving these threads
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold my Clemente RC in April of this year and have regretted it ever since. After getting back from the National, I told myself I need to replace the one I sold. Even though it's a downgrade from what I had, I feel it's still a strong card for it's grade.

My previous Clemente

My recent pickup
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Bobby, congrats on landing a new 'Berto. A Pirates fan of your stature should never be without one in your collection! And like others I'm really digging those scarcer T206 backs.
  • Hey Bobby, that new one looks just as good as the previous one. Certainly digging it. I eventually need to pick me up one of those.
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Bobby, that new one looks just as good as the previous one. Certainly digging it. I eventually need to pick me up one of those. >>

This was September but havent shared yet.

This is serial #'d out 5. However, the only BGS 9.5.

This is the newest addition I picked up today.

This is the logoman from his rookie year and is actually the true 1/1.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • arexarex Posts: 999
    Some good looking stuff being posted!
    Here are two new pickups that I recently bought off eBay:
  • rjcoy06rjcoy06 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up at White Plains show today:

• << <i>t206 is an area I'm weak in..what makes them so much better than the other ones?...is there a huge price difference?.....i figure rarity, but id love to know a little of the history....although in regards to my bank account i probably shouldn't even start into these sets...some great looking cards here...i always love the 75s and personally the trouts
    thanks >>

Some brand backs are worth more than others. Drum is one of the rarest/most valuable. Hey cardsfan73, congrats on the pick up _ I'd like to hear more. What do you mean by "in the wild"? Are you referring to the fact they're not slabbed?

Love the 'Nique!!

I've been picking up random Brady and Manning cards and ho-hum cards for my sets so not a lot to share ...

When I came back to the hobby after a long hiatus one of the first cards I purchased at a collectibles shop was a 1998 Skybox E-X 2001 Peyton Destination Honolulu insert. Time passed and I came across PSA. That Manning was the first card I ever subbed. It came back a 4 with a large vertical crease on the reverse (still have the PSA 4). Anyway, I started to build that set this year and just picked up a cleaner example. Here it is:

• CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been to a card show in years. Took my son today to a local show and picked these two cards up. I paid right at VCP for the Mays and a little over for Mantle.

Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Received these three in the mail today for my Reggie Collection:

I liked how clean the autos were.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Love these threads. Great start already.

October arrivals. Purchased at the end of September using both a $20 off and the 5X they rolled out to close the quarter, plus several BOs, and I was able to put a big dent in the Basic Koufax set I'm working on.

Just need to find the right 65 and get my 62 and 63 graded. Also added another Clemente and am slowly plugging away at his Basic.

Happy to finally add a Cepeda RC. While he's not part of a set I collect, I did grow up in the Bay Area and had a big love for the Giants legends...even if I am a Dodger fan.

Got some more goodies on the way and almost ready for a 15 card sub.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Thanks for the kind words on the t206 cards guys. I collect St. Cardinals & St. Louis Browns cards and have several T206 cards in my collection but my card budget pretty much only allows me to purchase low grade/common back cards. I do have a few Hall Of Famers like Roger Bresnahan, Rube Waddell, Bobby Wallace & Vic Willis.

As far as in the wild goes I spend a lot of my free time going to garage/yard sales, thrift stores, antique malls and antique shops. Besides collecting cards I also collect old records (primarily jazz records these days) and vintage video games.
    I found these cards in antique/vintage shop that I usually don't frequent, typically all they have is furniture & home decore type of stuff. The only reason I had stopped by was to see if they had any old peach crates I could use to store my LP collection in. I just happened to see these three cards inside a Curio Cabinet that they were using to display a random assortment of trinkets. As I stated I almost walked right by when I saw the asking price and the condition assuming they were probably all common backs. I am glad I decided to go back in take a better look. The Sweet Caporal is a very common back, The Lundgren El Principe De Gales is a little less common (if I remember correctly of the 200+ graded by PSA about a dozen are EPDG backs) and the Charlie Starr Drum back is super rare. PSA has only graded 1 and it was Authentic, SGC has only graded 1 and it also graded authentic. I am hoping that mine can get a 1 or a 1.5.

This definitely makes up for all the hours I have spent hunting for treasures only to find boxes of 1988 Donruss.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Scott ... WOW! I just saw that Drum back. Congrats on your find. Show a pic once it's slabbed.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Very nice Koufax's up there, especially the 58, you can never have too many Koufaxsimage
  • So many awesome cards.

That Dominique Wilkins is nice. Career in the shadow of MJ, but an all-time great scorer. Even played well after the achilles tear. Great signature, too.

With all these great hockey cards being posted, I keep getting an item to focus on a hockey set. I am rounding out my 86-87 Fleer collection, but I'll need something else to chase soon enough.

Keep posting more, please! I'll had more to add in a few days when I get my shipment.
    Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Jim, that's a really great group of high eye appeal vintage
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    always loved this card and recently acquired my 1st 3 Bird/Magic rookies---PSA-9, 8 and 7

felt this was a great addition to that 3some

• << <i>always loved this card and recently acquired my 1st 3 Bird/Magic rookies---PSA-9, 8 and 7

felt this was a great addition to that 3some >>

3 high grade copies, plus a triple auto? That's just greedy! image
  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some cool stuff being shown!! Really like that Oscar R.

Here is one I just purchased. There is something about the 1962 Mars Attacks that gets me, even though it was before my time. To me this card "Prize Captive" is iconic and one I have really wanted.

That Mars Attacks card is awesome!
  • mbz430embz430e Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Great cards! Love the centering on that 65 Unitas. Tough card, looking for a nice centered example myself. This just showed up today.

JDRF saves lives, let not another child walk down the path of juvenile diabetes alone. Consider giving either time or money, it will come back to you. $15,800 and counting....
  • A couple more that arrived the past two days. A signed RC I have been wanting to add, and as close to a playing day's issue as I'll get for a Hall of Famer.

3 new additions for my 74 Topps Red Sox team set. I wanted to do a PSA graded set with some red flip autos mixed in, but PSA won't let me combine signed and unsigned in one registry, so I went with a showcase instead. You'll see 7 unsigned graded cards, as well as red flip autos of Luis Tiant and Bernie Carbo. Not seen are signed cards of Tommy Harper and Rico Petrocelli that I need to send to PSA to get authenticated, graded, and added to my showcase.
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    dan,

have you contemplated requesting the 74 signed red flip set? i know they are adding basic player sets w/ a few already approved. i'm just waiting on them to be added...

just a thought.

• << <i>dan,

have you contemplated requesting the 74 signed red flip set? i know they are adding basic player sets w/ a few already approved. i'm just waiting on them to be added...

just a thought. >>

That's what I'm saying. They do an unsigned team set and a signed team set, but won't let u combine them, even though all the cards have a numerical grade. I'm not interested in completing a signed set.
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

<< <i> I'm not interested in completing a signed set. >>

well. well. just offering a different avenue of attack since you seemed mad/surprised they don't mix sets....

• << <i>A couple more that arrived the past two days. A signed RC I have been wanting to add, and as close to a playing day's issue as I'll get for a Hall of Famer.

image >>

Love the Buck Leonard!!
  • MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Mine, I think I can live with the snow...

• ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Nice '60 Clemente. Received mine in today's mail.

• lilmulelilmule Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭
    Man those 62 Clements are tough to find centered, that one looks sharp.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Man those 62 Clements are tough to find centered, that one looks sharp. >>

What he said; AWESOME card!

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! It's a card I have always liked but never owned, so I couldn't pass it up. image