Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Rare panel gets damaged but not from me

It took me 20+ years to find this Lemieux signed 1990 All star game panel with uncut full tickets not proof tickets together from the Saturday & Sunday games in Pittsburgh. According to the pop report a 1/1.
Acquired direct from the Pens organization this panel came with the perforated side holes that the printing machine used to feed the tickets out of the printer. Because it would not fit in PSA's holder i carefully cut the perforated slots off and sent it in for grading/authentication. The panel was pristine and was kept secure with no chance of edge damage because of the slotted edges to protect it. Once returned from PSA i was shocked at the PSA 8 GRADE and knew something happened to it. I saw a the top right back corner now had a ding in it that was not there when i sent it in. I am disappointing to say the least. imageimageimage

Comments

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Did you cut part of his signature off?
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a before scan? Not saying it was or was not there but I do know sometimes we miss things. I also know that grading companies damage items we send in. If in fact they did damage it, send proof to them and they will compensate you somehow.
  • Yes, it was on the slotted paper that the printer used to feed the tickets out. If not it could not be holdered because it was too wide
  • I was 99% sure it was clean but with that said I will not pursue it. I have tremendous respect for joe and his staff and know that without 100% proof it's not worth it and give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    When you have a 1/1 it doesn't really matter the grade. Nice item!
  • Hello everyone,

Before removing this post, I just want to inform everyone who reads this that if you have an issue with your order (whatever the issue may be), you must contact Customer Service directly by calling 800-325-1121 or by emailing info@psacard.com.

This is simply not the venue for these types of posts, especially if you aim to have someone on our side look into the matter. The boards are for discussions about collecting in general, etc.

So all we ask is that you reach out to the appropriate department if you have any questions or concerns. Our Customer Service team is dedicated to addressing calls and emails, so if an issue arises, they are the people to contact first and foremost.

Regards,
    Forum Admin

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

This discussion has been closed.