Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I wonder what this MANTLE card would sell for today.

This card sold on 12/02/12 in an SCP auction for $5,148.00. There were only 9 bids! I wonder what it would sell for today? This is the first card from his playing days that I have seen where he used all three names. My guess is it is one of a kind.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the first I've ever seen that way Doug.

Have no idea tho.

I remember a thread many, many years ago that there was a group here that was not in favor of getting cards signed - not anyone.

I do believe that trend has changed immensely?
    Mike
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's the first I've ever seen that way Doug.

Have no idea tho.

I remember a thread many, many years ago that there was a group here that was not in favor of getting cards signed - not anyone.

I do believe that trend has changed immensely? >>

When I was growing up in the 70's, getting a rookie card signed was a huge no-no. but other cards were OK. I bucked the trend by getting a Yaz rookie signed in 1979 or 80. Sure wish I still had it.

Not sure when that changed but I would bet it wasn't until the late 80s or early 90's

• Options

<< <i>This card sold on 12/02/12 in an SCP auction for $5,148.00. There were only 9 bids! I wonder what it would sell for today? This is the first card from his playing days that I have seen where he used all three names. My guess is it is one of a kind.

image >>

Know the owner from another message board, his signed collection is very impressive. I'm pretty sure I've crossed paths with a 58 AS signed in that manner.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Know the owner from another message board, his signed collection is very impressive. >>

Same guy who purchased it in 2012?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    sbfinleysbfinley Posts: 357

<< <i>

<< <i>Know the owner from another message board, his signed collection is very impressive. >>

Same guy who purchased it in 2012? >>

Not sure when he picked it up. Pretty sure Brent is a member here too however.