Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The 2015 National-Meet Your CU Board Brothers

Well it was a true pleasure meeting all of you. I tried to remember all the names but I didn't--so just going to say finally meeting you guys was the hi-lite of my trip--well also being on the Ledge of the Sears (now Willis Tower!!)

No need to recap what others have said about the NATIONAL--so will just show you some random pictures I took--and you all get to meet some of your CU Board Brothers. See who can name the most.

here is the original list of who was supposed to attend as a hint--
Attending the 2015 NATIONAL !!

1. flatfoot816--Manny Weds-Sat
2. jordangretzyfan-- Weds-Fri
3. dm23hof--
4. kgibson--
5. ryanseven-- Weds-Sat
6. mccardguy1-- --Shortest Commute!!
7. vintagefun--Jim Weds-Thrs
8. mkenz-- Tues-Fri
9. thunderdan-- Thrs-Sun
10. mrmint23- Tues-Sat
11. littleweed--
12. doublestriker-- Tues-Sat
13. chiefsfan1st-- Tues-Sat
14. belz--
15. thosebackpages--Eric Tues-Sun
16. totallyrad-- Thrs gotta intro yourself this year!
17. nikklos-- Tues 1st in line at BBCE!!
18. ssollars--Scott Weds-Fri
19. cardcountry--Jeff Tues-Sun
20. beroyalKC-- Thrs-Sat
21. big80s-- Quit your job--then you don't have to worry!!!
22. kendallcat-- Thrs-Sun
23. nugen Weds-Sat
24. TNP777
25. fur72 Weds-Fri
26. 1neatstuff Weds-Fri
27. Bounce Weds-Thrs
28. Bicey10--AL Weds-Sat
29. judgebuck Tues-Sat
30. Californiacards1 Tu-Fri
31. DTY Weds-Thrs
32. CPAMIKE Tues-SAt
33. PSASAP Tu-FRi
34. NDELEO
35. Palencards-Andy W-Fri
36. Stone193 Mike Tu-Sat

1st up---The VIP Room -- Pretty boring this year. 2 years ago they had the Wagner there and other cards.

2 other hi-lights---

Me and Sharon on the Ledge of the Sears Tower--make sure you do it next time!!

Giordano's Deep Dish Pizza when you get out of the Sears Tower

Saturday Nite we took a cruise from Navy Pier on the Oddessey II--pricey--but amazing. Buy 1 less card and go on this cruise

Random Cool Stuff -- Sharon loved the Bon Jovi authentic jacket

Someone asked about Japanese Cards and stuff

Cool Rocky related Stuff from Heritage??

THE JORDAN PACK

Me at the Memory Lane Booth holding the Babe Ruth Game used Bat--figured it probably never laid a bunt down so I was gonna drop one down the line--till the girl stopped me!

I opened 3 packs of '81 FB wax and did not get YOU KNOW WHO--and 1 pack of '80/81 basketball and ditto

After the long day--I returned to the Crowne Plaza and tipped a cold one with Sharon and we busted some shiny stuff

And without further adieu--or pictures--Meet your CU Board Brothers

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Would love to go,it's been a while. But having to go to Oklahoma in June for daughter's graduation from Army bootcamp and family reunion in August, it's not in the cards (pun intended).
  • Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there Wed through Friday for sure. Looking forward to meeting folks again this year, and of course seeing the BBCE booth!
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there with my bro ("CenteredMantles") and some other buddies from Chicago.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    I will be there but as of now I'm unsure as to how many days.

Update: Looks like Thursday - Saturday
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    I'll be there with a buddy. Will be there wed thru sat.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Not sure which day(s) but I will be there. I only live an hour away!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Planning W-Sat in Chicago. W and Th at show.

Looking forward to it.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    On the bucket list but I don't think this is the year. Just dropped a boatload of money on a week long family vacation.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I haven't booked anything yet, but planning on Tuesday - Friday at the show.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I'm there fri thru sun. Always a good time. Always.

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there Tuesday- Saturday. How about a Cubs game Thursday night?
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll be there Tuesday- Saturday. How about a Cubs game Thursday night? >>

The Cubs play at home on Wed afternoon, then travel to Milwaukee on Thurs. The White Sox host the Yankees starting that Fri night.

I'm from Chicago and I'll be going, not sure what days though.
    Matt

• Options
    Will be there as usual Tuesday-Saturday
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll be there Tuesday- Saturday. How about a Cubs game Thursday night? >>

The Cubs play at home on Wed afternoon, then travel to Milwaukee on Thurs. The White Sox host the Yankees starting that Fri night.

I'm from Chicago and I'll be going, not sure what days though. >>

Which game promises overpriced image ?image

I will be there from Tue-Sat. Dont know for sure yet what days I will be at the show. Im a football guy, but me and my clan
    could possibly be cornered into a B-Ball game. Lord knows I will never take them to 1 at the K, with Arrowhead within walking
    distanceimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    nice start! Some good guys going already. Let's keep it going. Think I'll be there Weds-Sat

Sorry no Cubbies game--but maybe Yanks versus ChiSox Friday?? Something to think about

Dan--what better family vacation than your 1st Natty?? Kids will love it !!!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Bad thing about going on Friday night is we would miss the Net54 dinner and/or Topps normally has their meet and greet on Friday.
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    No clue on when I'll be there but for sure will get a couple days in...(live 45 minutes away) but if we wanted to get a group together for a ball game let me know and I'll see what I can do for tickets or a box. I'm fairly connected to the sports teams out here.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    Tuesday - Sunday for me image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I will be there either Thursday or Friday. I went to the booth two years and hung out watching others breaking packs, but I didn't introduce myself. I did buy a couple packs and rip em to be part of the festivities though. I'm kinda shy, and was still getting back into the hobby. I'll try to chat with people this year.
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Will be at the BBCE booth first thing Wednesday! Really looking forward to it!
    Nikklos
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Will be at the BBCE booth first thing Wednesday! Really looking forward to it! >>

If that's the case, there may be no product left when everyone else arrives!!!!! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there Wed - Fri

Scott
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Tuesday through Sunday for me.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Dropping off boxes to wrap at BBCE Thursday then on to the show Thur-Sat
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I've never attended a National, but I currently have a hotel room booked - and I'm hoping my work schedule cooperates. I'd love to grab beers with the CU contingent.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Booked hotel across the street (Hilton) 3 months ago, and planning on being there Thurs-Sun. Bringing the whole gang again and possibly 3-4 more as well. Friday night will be Gibson's since that is the little guys favorite place there. Saturday pm is up in the air. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    gonna have a list posted later tonite. Shaping up to be a great time.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a National the months before I left for Korea, would have loved to meet all of you and chat for a while.
  • Options
    NugenNugen Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I will be there Wednesday through Sat. Looking forward to the Net54 dinner any PSA board events. Wouldn't mind a vintage trade night if anyone has heard of such an event.

• Options
    bump for list of attendees

let me know what you all think of Thrs dinner at Gibson's
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    BUMP!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    getting closer!

if you have not booked your room you should do so ASAP. There were only a couple of hotels that were part of the National special rate.

There are still rooms available outside of the Natty special rate--but they run $30 or so more per nite
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Just got permission from She Who Must Be Obeyed. I'm in. Can't wait.

Need to research flights and rooms. Might have to find a park bench or someone's floor at this point. image
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Well I kind of screwed up and bought concert tickets for 7/31. But I will be there Wednesday, Thursday leaving on Friday. I really wanted to attend the PSA lunchon on Friday but I can not, as I have been told by my wife I am a tool. I am also solo this trip so I am looking to hang with anyone who wants to.

I don't have hotel reservations yet. Unsure if I want to stay right next to the convention center or farther away to save a few hundred bucks. Where does everyone else stay?
  • Options
    Well I guess I am at the Crowne Plaza. Note to self book earlier next year. I guess that is staggering distance from Gibsons. image
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    My sisters still live in the area, so I have a place to stay. Waiting to see if they will let me off work for that time period and if the ex will not put up a fuss about a cross country trip with my little girl.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to figure out how..would love to meet a couple of you guys
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Less then a month away gentlemen. I don't like wishing my summer away but July needs to hurry up.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    I forgot to reply to this I will be there on wed/Thurs I look forward to seeing many of you guys again ...terryimage
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    I will be there - Wed and Thurs for sure, after that we'll see how it goes and/or whether I have any money left!

I haven't been to one in probably 10 years or more, so really looking forward to it. I've saved my money for this, and have a big list of "wants" so hoping to score a least a handful from it - mostly graded vintage stuff but I love autographs so you just never know.

Anyway, I don't think the Cubs are in town that weekend are they? Sox are the only choice I think.
  • Options
    AL -Biecy10 Wednesday-Saturday
  • Options
    just got my remainder from Southwest Airlines--less than 30 days!

will update the thread with who is going later today

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there Tuesday-Saturday.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    TTT for list of people going
  • Options
    californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Flat. I will be there between tues and Friday. Will be at Phil regli's table. Thx
  • Options
    DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    I will be there Wednesday and Thursday.

Looking forward to swing you guys around the BBCE tables....perhaps to do some old fashion pack wars.

Happy 4th folks.

Tyler
    dty
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I will be in my usually hiding places from Tuesday to Saturday.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Manny. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Not sure of my plans yet but will probably do a PSA drop off Wednesday night and might take the day off on Friday...Thursday night dinner is a no go for me. Hope to see some of you around and if there is a specific meeting place other than Thursday night Gibsons or random times at BBCE let me know, would love to meet fellow CU members...enjoy the national, and the city for those out of towners.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Thought I would add that the plans are now set in stone!! (Kindaimage )

I will be in town all week, but at the show Thurs- Fri. Gonna do the vacation, sight seeing thing the rest of the time.
    First name is Brian. A few of these guys can spot me image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!