Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NASCAR ! DAacardworld Hit Parade 'packs'

Basically these are 'packs' of 6 insert/auto/memorabilia cards from a variety of offerings. Picked up two 'packs' and the results are below. Wanted to get a couple more but looks like they sold out of the 200 they made.

Comments

• Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    What's the story with these packs. Is this inventory that was purchased from Press Pass when they went out of business in January?
  • Options
    No real idea on that. They seem to have these 'Hit Parade' made up insert lot packs for all sports etc. Seems they probably bust open a ton of stuff across the board and dump all the inserts this way.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Martin auto is NICE!!!
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    What do they charge for each pack?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    These were 29.95 each, so in reality, it is kind of like just buying the cards/autos. Same kind of approach as standard company pack odds, get an Earnhardt. you win, get the other major stars, break even, get autos of guys you never heard of or will make it, full out lose. They got basketball 'packs' out there noe for 9.95 and boxing (Tyson/holyfield etc) for 39.95. Here is the link - http://www.dacardworld.com/search?Search=hit+parade.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Looks like series 2 is released now.
  • Options
    Thanks, grabbed one after your post.

29.99 for the Nascar and 9.99 for the others I believe.

Quite the whiff on the football:

And the basketball, sheesh. At least a Kobe appeared.

the rest later
  • Options
    I heard they just made a big buy from in the game, so look for alot of hockey soon
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like these are just the "grab bags" I remember from card shows and shops when I was a kid. I think I would rather take my chances on buying hobby boxes and having the manufacturer insert the hits randomly than a dealer who more than likely is cherry picking the huge hits and just inserting the flotsam.
    Steve
  • Options
    here are the rest of the 'packs'. Nascar seems to RULE with these, the others, not so much.

The baseball 'pack'

The Hockey 'pack'

And the GREAT Nascar 'pack'. I'll gladly take a Busch and Pearson auto for the 29 bucks.

Will be sticking with the Nascar packs if ever buying anymore. Am sure there are some good hits in the others, but struck out with mine.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the story with these packs. Is this inventory that was purchased from Press Pass when they went out of business in January? >>

What is this stuff? Looks like somebody put this stuff together in their basement and decided to sell it.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice NASCAR pack...would say 5/6 are legitimate hits with that one.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Yes ! McLovin the Nascar pack image Will buy more of these ! Lawmowerman, I stumbled upon these over at the Dave and Adams CardWorld site. I think you actually may be right, but at the DAcardworld conglomeration. I bought those two Nascar packs first and when they arrived, was very surprised to see some made up 'hit pack' inside a graded tall boy plastic wrap. Was expecting at least some kind of legit sealed pack. These all are 1000% someone piecing these together at random.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just bummed to learn Press Pass is out of business. Loved their football products.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "These all are 1000% someone piecing these together at random."

I doubt there is anything random about it. Anything of real value never makes it into the made up packs. I guess there could be the occasional exception.
    This is a pretty good deal for the sellers.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball