Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Check out this tracking number - what a mess!

USPS

This was a Priority 2 day package.
www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    This looks like a Greg Bussineau shipment. At least you got yours....You wanna see something?? I'm still waiting on mine.....it has been floating around Raleigh for going on 3 days now.

USPS
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Looks like TRAVERSE CITY, MI is the problem

Both our packages came from there
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    No...my problem is in Raleigh...once it got to Raleigh, it goes missing.
  • Options
    Traverse City is actually a really nice place! Can't vouch for the PO, though. Glad you got your package, Tom! Did you ever see the thread from a few weeks ago with all the funky tracking routes? There were some insane ones posted there.
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Traverse City is actually a really nice place! Can't vouch for the PO, though. Glad you got your package, Tom! Did you ever see the thread from a few weeks ago with all the funky tracking routes? There were some insane ones posted there. >>

I did not see that post. This is a crazy time of year for shipping regardless of who you use.
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Traverse City is actually a really nice place! Can't vouch for the PO, though. Glad you got your package, Tom! Did you ever see the thread from a few weeks ago with all the funky tracking routes? There were some insane ones posted there. >>

I did not see that post. This is a crazy time of year for shipping regardless of who you use. >>

For your enjoyment: Funky Tracking
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, our offices here in Traverse are great. It is Grand Rapids that screwed up on my package to you Tom image

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    we got stories going around out here about postal deliveries at 11 pm in some areas. i've noticed postal workers with flashlights walking routes several times in recent days.

UPS is sending a guy on a bike to deliver stuff to our neighborhood.

at this juncture, consider yourself blessed when your package gets to you, regardless of the proposed delivery date.
  • Options

<< <i>we got stories going around out here about postal deliveries at 11 pm in some areas. >>

I had a package delivered to my door at 9:50pm on Thursday by USPS. I tried to joke around with him about how late it was by saying I was all out of Halloween candy, but that he was wearing a great costume regardless............*crickets*. He said he was into the eighteenth hour of his work day and still had half a truck to deliver. Yikes! Glad I don't work for the postal service.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    He'll probably enjoy the OT pay he'll get in his next check.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a package delivered before 7 am one day last week. On my next trip to the PO I asked about it and was told that they have extra help making deliveries before and after hours during this time of the year.
    James
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Generally, I think the USPS needs an overhaul on its services, but will say that the people that work there have a pretty tough job dealing with impatient people at this time of year. Many businesses that I am forced to use in my work shut off the lights at a certain time of day whether there is more work to do or not, glad to see the USPS gets the job done, albeit wierd sometimes
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    I've said it before, but USPS are champs. One thing you can notice from all the strange tracking paths so far are that the packages were delivered. They took a while, but mission accomplished. If you judge them by the basic metric of "what percentage of mailed items are delivered safely?", I think they score very, very high. Sometimes your package will go through Honolulu, but it almost always gets there.
  • Options

<< <i>I've said it before, but USPS are champs. One thing you can notice from all the strange tracking paths so far are that the packages were delivered. They took a while, but mission accomplished. If you judge them by the basic metric of "what percentage of mailed items are delivered safely?", I think they score very, very high. Sometimes your package will go through Honolulu, but it almost always gets there. >>

True, most get delivered. I have always wondered if the USPS could prevent the huge yearly losses if they just made their shipping methods more efficient? There is no reason the postal service should be experiencing such huge losses every year even though they keep raising rates like they do. If you or I ran a company like they do, we would have already been shut down/bankrupt.
  • Options

<< <i>He'll probably enjoy the OT pay he'll get in his next check. >>

I'm pretty sure USPS deliverers don't get OT even though they are technically 'hourly' employees. From the way it's been explained to me they are mapped specifics routes that ideally would take 8 hours to finish. If it only takes 4 hours to finish the route they get paid for 8 hours. If it takes 14 hours to finish they route they still get paid for 8 hours. I could be wrong, but a friend was a postmaster in Nashville and that's the way he explained it to me.

<< <i>
    True, most get delivered. I have always wondered if the USPS could prevent the huge yearly losses if they just made their shipping methods more efficient? There is no reason the postal service should be experiencing such huge losses every year even though they keep raising rates like they do. If you or I ran a company like they do, we would have already been shut down/bankrupt. >>

The vast majority of the losses incurred by USPS in the recent past had little to do with the logistics of shipping, but instead was the result of peaking retirement and benefit costs arriving concurrently with all-time high transportation costs and dipping mass mailings thanks to alternative electronic methods.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He'll probably enjoy the OT pay he'll get in his next check. >>

I'm pretty sure USPS deliverers don't get OT even though they are technically 'hourly' employees. From the way it's been explained to me they are mapped specifics routes that ideally would take 8 hours to finish. If it only takes 4 hours to finish the route they get paid for 8 hours. If it takes 14 hours to finish they route they still get paid for 8 hours. I could be wrong, but a friend was a postmaster in Nashville and that's the way he explained it to me.

<< <i>
    True, most get delivered. I have always wondered if the USPS could prevent the huge yearly losses if they just made their shipping methods more efficient? There is no reason the postal service should be experiencing such huge losses every year even though they keep raising rates like they do. If you or I ran a company like they do, we would have already been shut down/bankrupt. >>

The vast majority of the losses incurred by USPS in the recent past had little to do with the logistics of shipping, but instead was the result of peaking retirement and benefit costs arriving concurrently with all-time high transportation costs and dipping mass mailings thanks to alternative electronic methods. >>

Yes, I am fully aware of their losses because of promises/guarantees on pensions/benefits. What I was referring to in my previous post was basically finding a way to improve efficiency in shipping to save money. I have a feeling if the postal service were privatized they would be ran much more efficient.
  • Options

<< <i>I've said it before, but USPS are champs. One thing you can notice from all the strange tracking paths so far are that the packages were delivered. They took a while, but mission accomplished. If you judge them by the basic metric of "what percentage of mailed items are delivered safely?", I think they score very, very high. Sometimes your package will go through Honolulu, but it almost always gets there. >>

You must not have checked out my tracking number then....
  • Options
    I also have a tracking number for a Pete Rose rookie card in a different thread....would you like to see that one?
  • Options
    Sure!
  • Options
    I'm obviously not saying that USPS always delivers. Statistically, they're crushingly good, though.
  • Options
    Pete Rose rookie

• Options
    ^^ Link

Bobby, didn't you say that it was delivered but the buyer claimed it wasn't in order to scam you?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>^^ Link

Bobby, didn't you say that it was delivered but the buyer claimed it wasn't in order to scam you? >>

Casey,

I had a similar issue with the USPS as Bobby had with the Rose.

When the USPS obtains a signature for the package it is scanned as "delivered" and if there isn't someone there to sign the package is supposed to go to the post office and a pink slip left in the person's mailbox.

Sometimes the USPS driver leaves the package with only a scan. Their gun will tell them the package requires a signature, but on most of the older guns it can be bypassed and the package will be left without a signature. In this case the system will show that the package went back to the USPS office and that the recipient will need to pick it up with their pink ticket.

Then there's the times where the post person just leaves the package without even caring.

An experienced buyer knows without signature confirmation the seller is out of luck.

I agree with you on USPS service...it's great! Amazes me how they can move all of our packages as quickly as they do.

Bobby - I think you should provide the board with this buyer's name, address and eBay ID. There's a good chance his post person does this a lot and other sellers will fall to his scam.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I did not see that post. This is a crazy time of year for shipping regardless of who you use. >>

I purchased something on 12-9-14 off ebay it was shipped on 12-12-14 and I still have not received it and this is coming from Mass. to Michigan. Usually 4 days tops in none busy times.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I purchased something on 12-9-14 off ebay it was shipped on 12-12-14 and I still have not received it and this is coming from Mass. to Michigan. Usually 4 days tops in none busy times. >>

I have had the same experience buying from Mass to MI. I think it's the time of the year.
  • Options

<< <i>I have had the same experience buying from Mass to MI. I think it's the time of the year. >>

+1....I'm sure the post offices are slammed right about now!
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    OFF TOPIC -- SORRY!
    "I'm pretty sure USPS deliverers don't get OT even though they are technically 'hourly' employees. From the way it's been explained to me they are mapped specifics routes that ideally would take 8 hours to finish. If it only takes 4 hours to finish the route they get paid for 8 hours. If it takes 14 hours to finish they route they still get paid for 8 hours. I could be wrong, but a friend was a postmaster in Nashville and that's the way he explained it to me."

Like most federal jobs the postal service has exempt and non-exempt employees. Exempt would be Management types. Non exempt would be the worker bees (letter carriers).
    If a non-exempt worker works more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week they are entitled to OT as described in their contract as follows:
    "434.131 Postal Overtime

Postal overtime is compensation paid pursuant to Postal Service regulations and in accordance with applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreements to eligible personnel at 150 percent of each employee’s basic hourly rate for actual work hours in excess of 8 paid hours in a day, 40 paid hours in a service week or, if a full-time bargaining unit employee, on a nonscheduled day. "
    The postal Union is one of the strongest in the federal sector behind only perhaps the Air Traffic Controllers Union image
    I can't address what the Nashville postmaster was referring to unless he was talking about an exempt employee filling in on a route because the non-exempt was out on sick leave.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball