Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why Do People Keep Falling for this? What Happened to Due Diligence by Auction houses? Laziness?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12056961/authenticity-auctioned-michael-jordan-game-worn-shoes-called-questioned

Seems like auction houses these days often overlook the obvious. Does anyone practice due diligence anymore? Is it pure laziness? Or subversive in the name or profit? You decide...

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems like auction houses these days often overlook the obvious. Does anyone practice due diligence anymore? Is it pure laziness? Or subversive in the name or profit? You decide... >>

Seems like this kind of thing is everywhere now days. MANY people do not seem to be very ethical.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    What size are the shoes?
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but if a person truly investigated many of the individuals running the hobby and auction houses, they would never look at things the same way again. This is not directed at any particular individual or auction house. Just in general. Research is your friend. image
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate to say it, but if a person truly investigated many of the individuals running the hobby and auction houses, they would never look at things the same way again. This is not directed at any particular individual or auction house. Just in general. Research is your friend. image >>

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    After the shoes are proven to be fake Grey Flannel's Russek says "They are still fantastic shoes."

Awesome!
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After the shoes are proven to be fake Grey Flannel's Russek says "They are still fantastic shoes."

Awesome! >>

I've got some fantastic shoes if anyone is interested----$3.30