Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Long Island Members Night Out - MILLER'S ALE HOUSE, LAKE GROVE, NY - GREAT NIGHT GUYS!

A couple of times each year a few of us Long Island members get together for a few drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and some food. We spend HOURS talking about cards ... something most of us never get the chance to do with our "normal" friends! LOL

OK guys ... we are all set.

Sunday June 28 @ 7:00pm

Miller's Ale House
4000 Middle Country Rd, Lake Grove, NY 11755
(631) 738-6725

How often do you get to sit around and drink beer or soda ... eat some good food at reasonable prices ... AND TALK ABOUT SPORTS CARDS!!!!! I know most of us that are here on the board would get a funny look from most of their friends if they brought up baseball cards in a conversation.

Well now you can join us and talk about cards until you are sick of it!!!! Would be great to see some new faces.

If you would like to go, please reply in this thread so we can reserve a large enough table.

Hopefully a lot of you will be able to come. Bring some unopened to rip or maybe a few cards you want to show off. Just be careful with them after sucking down a few cold ones!!!
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭
    Would love to join you guys but wont be in LI over the weekend. If you guys want to catch up later this
    week I am in the Bethpage/Plainnview area through Friday (and then back next week Tue and Wed).

Dave
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Wow, sure am glad I read the post... I was thinking it was Miller's over in Deer Park where we went last year. That would have been interesting.... "oh man, where the hell are those guys..."

See ya in Lake Grove, looking forward to a good time.

Jim
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Will slabbed be there wearing his Yankees hat?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Will slabbed be there wearing his Yankees hat? >>

BTW ... ex-Long Islander wize azzez are NOT invited. Lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>

<< <i>Will slabbed be there wearing his Yankees hat? >>

BTW ... ex-Long Islander wize azzez are NOT invited. Lol >>

Haha!

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Lol!
    Matt ... I guess you are not flying up for Sunday's festivities?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Matt ... I guess you are not flying up for Sunday's festivities? >>

I'd love to do that Doug but it just isn't in the cards this year. Maybe next time.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'd love to do that Doug but it just isn't in the cards this year. Maybe next time. >>

Maybe when your grammar improves, Matt. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'd love to do that Doug but it just isn't in the cards this year. Maybe next time. >>

Maybe when your grammar improves, Matt. image >>

Trust me Tim. I'd fit right in with the rest of yous guys lol!
    Hey Matt:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Hey! Matt's grammar isn't awful.
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "something most of us never get the chance to do with our "normal" friends! LOL"

Not from LI but wanted to say I love the above line. So true. Anytime I try to
    start a conversation about cards at a neighborhood or office party I start checking to see if
    I've grown a third eye because of the looks I get.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

<< <i>Hey! Matt's grammar isn't awful. >>

You've been on a roll lately Dan lol!

<< <i>"something most of us never get the chance to do with our "normal" friends! LOL"

Not from LI but wanted to say I love the above line. So true. Anytime I try to
    start a conversation about cards at a neighborhood or office party I start checking to see if
    I've grown a third eye because of the looks I get. >>

Dennis ... it's the same with ALL of us! That's why I look forward to going out with these guys ... It's the only time of the year I can say "PSA" without everyone starting to talk about their Prostate!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Just a bump. Hope others will be able to join us.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Again.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Wish I could make it Doug but heading up to Long Island the next day!
    Nikklos
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Doug

I'm sure you know, if I still lived in LI, I would be honored to attend and meet up with you guys.

Hope you all have a good time.
    Mike
  • MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    its just too bad I live in Iowa....I would love to be in attendance for dinner and drinks. I'm sure after a few drinks, Mike brings a few things from the vault to rip. image

Jeremy

<< <i>its just too bad I live in Iowa....I would love to be in attendance for dinner and drinks. I'm sure after a few drinks, Mike brings a few things from the vault to rip. image
    Jeremy >>

Jeremy ... Mike usually keeps it to one beer. I honestly think it's because he MIGHT rip a thing or two (although there is no way in hell he will bring anything with him ... lol) if he had too many! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    Sure wish I could join you gents, but I live in northern Indiana. Since these cards came from your area, I would love to get anyone's memories of Stahl-Meyer Franks cards. They might have been well before your time (1953-1955), but perchance your father or mother or even grandparents spoke to you of these beautiful, rare regionals. I'd even be interested in hearing about how good, or not so good, a Stahl-Meyer all beef frankfurter was. I've read on message boards they were exceptionally good, particularly while enjoying a swell game at a New York ballpark----Ebbets Field, the Polo Grounds, or Yankee Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize if this is coming off as hyjacking the thread. No harm intended one bit, just my enthusiasm for Stahl-Meyers comes out now and then.

Have a great time, guys! ----Brian Powell
  • thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    Doug
    Would love to attend but my 6 year old is singing on the 21st -- her first Christmas pageant

Hopefully next year
    Mike
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

Mike,

So your darling, sweet, precious singing daughter is being put ahead of some mid to older age guys who want to talk about other guys on cardboard?

Enjoy your day with your daughter. Those are memories you will cherish forever. (So will be the memories when you go out with us next time ... HAHAHAHAHA)

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    Have fun guys. I was in LI three weeks ago. If I new all you lived up there I would have something. It would have been
    nice to see some sweet unopened collections.

On a side note, I don't know how you guys deal with the traffic up there each and every day. Mamma Mia!

aconte

<< <i>On a side note, I don't know how you guys deal with the traffic up there each and every day. Mamma Mia!
    aconte >>

LOL ... IT SUCKS!!!!! Hoping to get the hell out of here in less than 3 years. Next time you are going to be in town let us know!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>

<< <i>On a side note, I don't know how you guys deal with the traffic up there each and every day. Mamma Mia!
    aconte >>

LOL ... IT SUCKS!!!!! Hoping to get the hell out of here in less than 3 years. >>

See you soon Doug image

<< <i>

<< <i>

aconte >>

LOL ... IT SUCKS!!!!! Hoping to get the hell out of here in less than 3 years. >>

See you soon Doug image >>

Bingo is every Tues at 730 pm. Fruit cups will be served.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Bingo is every Tues at 730 pm. Fruit cups will be served. >>

O69 ... FRIGGIN BINGO! Now give me my money, the fruit cup, a six pack, a pool, a new pair of running shoes, a nice bike, a bathing suit and I will continue to participate on these boards from my lounge chair next to the pool as you try to squeeze in a few lines during your lunch hour in the break room ... because it's too damn cold to go outside and do it!

See you Sunday nite Timmy 'ole boy!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>

<< <i>Bingo is every Tues at 730 pm. Fruit cups will be served. >>

O69 ... FRIGGIN BINGO! Now give me my money, the fruit cup, a six pack, a pool, a new pair of running shoes, a nice bike, a bathing suit and I will continue to participate on these boards from my lounge chair next to the pool as you try to squeeze in a few lines during your lunch hour in the break room ... because it's too damn cold to go outside and do it!

See you Sunday nite Timmy 'ole boy! >>

LOL, at least you got the correct letter with 69 for Bingo, lol...

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>O69 ... FRIGGIN BINGO! >>

I see what you did there.
    Tim ... I know my BINGO dude!!!

GAL - I may be old ... but still know the good numbers!!!! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• << <i>.......Fruit cups will be served. >>

Those who are tardy do not get fruit cup.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be in the Jet Blue terminal of JFK Sunday morning if you guys want to swing by and pound some brewskies on a block of ice.

Arthur
    Arthur ... I would. But at just under 50 miles from my house, I will have to pass!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Meeting at Millers in a few hours! Where else can you talk about cards without people looking at you strangely.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Doug, I'm getting thirsty. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Have fun guys!! I'm jealous that i live in boston so I couldnt make the trip!!image (probably the only time in my life I've ever been jealous of a bunch of new yorkaaahs)

Make sure to take a group selfie ie pic and post it on here!!image
    Next time we will post a pic.

Mike, Tim, Jim & Eric ... it was a fun three hours!

Hopefully we will be getting together in a couple of months ... and more people will be able to join.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• WOOT!!!!!!!

Great times as always!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

<< <i>WOOT!!!!!!!

Great times as always! >>

What Eric said. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

<< <i>

<< <i>WOOT!!!!!!!

Great times as always! >>

What Eric said. image >>

+1

• Glad you fellas had a good time.

<< <i>Glad you fellas had a good time. >>

Thanks Dan.

Collecting:
    Thanks Dan. We always do. Great bunch of guys.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

OK Guys ... it's about THAT time. Who is in for a Lake Grove Miller's Ale House night out with the baseball card boys?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Hiya Doug

Are you going to Chicago?

Again - wish I still lived in NY - would be happy to attend. It seems another thing to do that would be nice is to attend the Hofstra show and then go out to eat?
    Mike

<< <i>OK Guys ... it's about THAT time. Who is in for a Lake Grove Miller's Ale House night out with the baseball card boys? >>

+1

Last week of June sound good?? I will touch base with Mike, Doug..

Stone, wish you were back in the old stomping ground, too...I used to go to Forest Hills to the movies all the time on Austin Street years ago..

<< <i>

<< <i>OK Guys ... it's about THAT time. Who is in for a Lake Grove Miller's Ale House night out with the baseball card boys? >>

+1

Stone, wish you were back in the old stomping ground, too...I used to go to Forest Hills to the movies all the time on Austin Street years ago.. >>

Are you going to Chicago Tim?
    Mike

<< <i>

<< <i>

+1

Stone, wish you were back in the old stomping ground, too...I used to go to Forest Hills to the movies all the time on Austin Street years ago.. >>

Are you going to Chicago Tim? >>

Can't make it this year, Mike, but if it's still at AC next year, I will be there.

Mike, I will NOT be in Chicago. However, like Tim, I will make a strong effort to head to AC in 2016 if it is still there.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug