Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone going to the GTSM show in Houston Dec 5-7?

I know there was a previous thread about shows in Houston, there's one coming up on Dec 5-7 at the George Brown Convention Center.

Anyone else going? I can think of two people who are!

I will be setting up along with Tom S. from OPC. Not sure exactly where our booth will be situated, but I know he'll have a giant banner that shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you're coming out to the show please come by and at least say HI! Between the two of us, we should have a little bit of everything including autographed memorabilia, PSA graded cards, some select unopened and plenty of tall tales and lies! image

Who knows, maybe I'll post a few pics of some things I'm going to bring along with me to give you a little taste of what you can see at the show?

Anyway, who's thinking of attending?

Comments

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Just got in our 7 foot banner. Looking forward to this show.
    Stop by for a Free Tshirt!

Will have loads of inventory on hand. Just purchased a 3rd table and that's still probably not enough space

Tom
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    WHAT?!?!? An extra table already? image

I see how it's gonna be! Well, are you gonna have one of these one your table?

• Options
    I will definitely be there on Saturday. I assume y'all will be primarily "selling" but what (if anything) would you be "trading" for? I still love the practice of trading. Always evokes the thrill of childhood... :-)

By the way I will be the good-looking guy in the speedy red wheelchair 😃
    The journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.

Collecting Nolan Ryan Gem 10
    George Springer everything
    Carlos Correa everything
  • Options

<< <i>I will definitely be there on Saturday. I assume y'all will be primarily "selling" but what (if anything) would you be "trading" for? I still love the practice of trading. Always evokes the thrill of childhood... :-)

By the way I will be the good-looking guy in the speedy red wheelchair 😃 >>

SWEET! Please come by and say Hi!

Can't speak for Tom, but yes I'm planning to primarily be "selling", but I also hope to buy if something nice comes along and would definitely trade for the right thing.

Specific things I'd be interested in include:
    Any and all Robert Griffin autograph RCs - graded or raw, especially the 1960 Fleer Retro, Chrome tall boys and the Finest die cut autos
    Andre Johnson autographed cards - graded or raw
    Cam Newton autograph RCs - graded or raw
    1952 Topps - raw preferably for my set
    1953 Topps - I could be convinced to start a set either raw or PSA 5-6ish
    1956 Topps - preferably in PSA 6-7 for my set, as well as any of the HOFers in PSA 5 or better
    1986 Fleer basketball - preferably in PSA 9 or better for my set, as well as any of the RCs and Jordans in PSA 8 or better
    1993 Finest Basketball refractors - raw preferably for my set
    1996 Chrome Basketball base and refractors - raw preferably for my sets, as well as PSA 9 or better stars
    1996-97 Skybox EX 2000 Credentials - raw preferably, decided to try and put together a set of these
    2000 and 2003 Upper Deck Legendary Signatures Autos NBA 50 players - especially Chamberlain, Cousy, Bill Russell, Jordan, Dr J, Jabbar and Oscar Robertson
    Unopened boxes wrapped by BBCE - 81/84/86 Topps football, 82/83/85 Topps baseball, 85 Donruss baseball
    1984 Fleer Update - sets or Roger Clemens PSA 9 or better
    HOFer and current All Star type autographed memorabilia - all kinds, balls/photos/jerseys/other doesn't matter, I'll at least look at it
    Masters tournament badges
    Anything related to Baylor University

That's probably a good start, huh?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I will definitely be there on Saturday. I assume y'all will be primarily "selling" but what (if anything) would you be "trading" for? I still love the practice of trading. Always evokes the thrill of childhood... :-)

By the way I will be the good-looking guy in the speedy red wheelchair 😃 >>

SWEET! Please come by and say Hi!

Can't speak for Tom, but yes I'm planning to primarily be "selling", but I also hope to buy if something nice comes along and would definitely trade for the right thing.

Specific things I'd be interested in include:
    Any and all Robert Griffin autograph RCs - graded or raw, especially the 1960 Fleer Retro, Chrome tall boys and the Finest die cut autos
    Andre Johnson autographed cards - graded or raw
    Cam Newton autograph RCs - graded or raw
    1952 Topps - raw preferably for my set
    1953 Topps - I could be convinced to start a set either raw or PSA 5-6ish
    1956 Topps - preferably in PSA 6-7 for my set, as well as any of the HOFers in PSA 5 or better
    1986 Fleer basketball - preferably in PSA 9 or better for my set, as well as any of the RCs and Jordans in PSA 8 or better
    1993 Finest Basketball refractors - raw preferably for my set
    1996 Chrome Basketball base and refractors - raw preferably for my sets, as well as PSA 9 or better stars
    2000 and 2003 Upper Deck Legendary Signatures Autos NBA 50 players - especially Chamberlain, Cousy, Bill Russell, Jordan, Dr J, Jabbar and Oscar Robertson
    Unopened boxes wrapped by BBCE - 81/84/86 Topps football, 82/83/85 Topps baseball, 85 Donruss baseball
    1984 Fleer Update - sets or Roger Clemens PSA 9 or better
    HOFer and current All Star type autographed memorabilia - all kinds, balls/photos/jerseys/other doesn't matter, I'll at least look at it
    Masters tournament badges
    Anything related to Baylor University

That's probably a good start, huh? >>

Fantastic. How do I locate you? I'll be sure to stop by and say hello and browse your sellables!

Carlos Correa everything
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, it's going to be crazy there; the Houston Money Show is also that weekend at the Brown Convention Center.

Of course, I want to go to both shows! image

Steve
  • Options
    We have an end cap, possible we might be toward the front so you can find us right thought the door but not sure on that yet

Regardless, there will be an ENORMOUS OPC banner behind us - shouldn't be hard to find!

I knew the money show was going to be here, too - looks like some good stuff in there if you like that sort of thing
  • Options
    And what about ONE OF THESE? VERY slight X on the box, a really clean one wrapped and ready!

• Options
    Nice box!

Figured there would be more people from the boards heading to the show.

Guess there's not too many people on here from Texas
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

<< <i>Nice box!

Figured there would be more people from the boards heading to the show.

Guess there's not too many people on here from Texas >>

I wanted to PM you but I'm apparently brain dead and can't see how, but are you interested in buying/trading a bunch of
    1983 and 1991 OPC baseball? The 91 is the Topps edition with the Chipper rookie. Have almost 800 of those and about 500
    Of the 83. All are in great shape from box to pack.

Carlos Correa everything
  • Options
    PM sent
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    Got behind a couple of days

These guys will be there

• Options
    Actually, looks like Willie is moving and will not be in attendance
  • Options
    Show is this weekend - anyone else going to be there?
  • Options
    I have been packing things up all week.

Will be there early Friday - it will take us a while to set everything up.

Hope to meet some board members there - stop by and say Hello!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    apparently there will be a card show, a money show and a cheerleading competition at GRB. My 8 year old daughter competes on Sunday. I'll try to stop by and say hi.
  • Options
    Show OVER - mercifully

LOW attendance and traffic this weekend, no boardies I'm aware of

Got some nice autographs done though