Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: My health stuff...RESULTS

Hey friends,

So my results came back somewhat positive and I now have some answers. First, I have fatty liver disease. Basically the only way to take care of this is to lose about 25 more pounds and adjust my diet somewhat. I also had a polyp that was removed and some gastritis inflammation. Overall diagnosis is IBS. With all of these it's going to be a trial and error one what makes me sick and what doesn't.

I want to say thank you to all of you who have been praying for me. I really appreciate our community here...even the trolls...well, that might be a stretch. image

Comments

• Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear the results didn't come back more serious. Best of luck with everything.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    The results actually sound like good news Guru. Your ailments seem to be things that you have some degree of control over. Good luck and stay well.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>The results actually sound like good news Guru. Your ailments seem to be things that you have some degree of control over. Good luck and stay well. >>

+1 - If you went on a diet of ripping 1980's packs and chewing the gum, you'd lose those pounds in no time! image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I got the same diagnosis a few years ago. Glad it's not worse for you.
    For me it's about managing the beer wine cheese and meat. And exercising.
    A very manageable situation.
    Good luck

• Options

<< <i>it's about managing the beer wine cheese and meat. >>

image NOOOOOOOOO......

In all seriousness, Chris, I'm happy "that's all" it was and that you have a plan that will help you start feeling better.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Glad to here that it is something manageable. Now go take care of yourself!! 😃
  • Options
    sometimes just knowing what is wrong is half the battle. Best of luck with your health.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate your encouragement and kind words. I my results on Facebook for friends and family to see. I had an older friend call me tonight and kinda shocked me into reality. She told me that her liver is barely functioning now because she didn't heed the Dr.'s advice 15 years ago when they gave her the same diagnosis. She's had lots of complications because of it as well. So, off to the gym in the morning...
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Take care of yourself I need to do the same thing my heath stinks. Best wishes.
  • Options
    Wish there was a way to get Steve Hart over at BBCE to run a contest on who can lose the most weight in a certain time period and winner gets a wrapped box from their favorite sport.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on your road to dealing with this. Am no Doctor but had my share of health issues through the years and one thing I learned. Try to do as much as you can w/o pills. They sometimes give you side effects that equal or exceed the problem you already have. Then you need another pill to combat the side effects of that pills neg. effects. By all means if you can control your condition via exercise,diet,rest and PACK RIPPING by all means that is the way to go.image
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Chris, best of luck in making the changes that will correct your issue. Like I said in an earlier post, my wife received the same diagnosis a few years back and her liver is now healthy with those changes.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear! Hope the dietary adjustment goes easily.

Dave
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad to hear the results didn't come back more serious. Best of luck with everything. >>

+1
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's at least is a situation which is fairly manageable. Glad to hear it wasn't something more serious. Take care.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Wish there was a way to get Steve Hart over at BBCE to run a contest on who can lose the most weight in a certain time period and winner gets a wrapped box from their favorite sport. >>

i once won an office pool by dropping over 20 pounds in a 2 month period.......right before the Christmas holidays. so, the 200 bucks went to gifts. and my diet went to hell.

now, let's explore who the real winner is in life, because a wrapped box will not keep you out of the hospital if you slip up.

take care, bro. follow the doc's orders and you will be rewarded. works for me. good luck.
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    Listen to your doctors and stay the course. Good luck and stay healthy!
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    Hope it all work's out for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for the update Chris.

Sure hope it all goes well. image
    Mike
  • Options
    I had a similar thing 8 years. I changed my diet exercised and I feel a lot better now. Americans eat a lot of stuff we think is healthy and over times harms us. I have learned a lot the last 8 years. Hope you have a quick recovery.