Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone want to do another case break? :)

myurl

This one is actually never opened as well!
Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

Comments

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    That's some ritzy living right there.....$166.67 a tray?

Wowsers.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's some ritzy living right there.....$166.67 a tray?

Wowsers. >>

Yes sir. I could only imagine how pristine these trays are. The trays out of the last case were amazing. Things like this give me hope that there's still things out there that are left to be found.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Not a baseball collector, but put me down for one of those if this thing happens.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Having purchased a few on Ebay recently and continually looking for more, I would be in for 2-3.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Id be in for 2!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Do you guys think that the loose trays that Steve has in bad shape? Do you think the ones from the case are any better? Steve is selling the '79 trays for $150.00.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    Awesome case that I would love to have.
    However, the loose 79 wax trays that BBCE has on its website look clean. Personally, I cant justify paying much of a premium for sealed wax trays coming from a sealed case. Wax boxes and wax packs that's a different story, but the individual trays are pretty much in a nice guaranteed unopened state by themselves.

Id be in for some trays at a discounted price ($140 or so wrapped), but not at a current price. But they way unopened cases have been selling, BBCE may not have to discount this to move it.

What did the last case sell for that was essentially "unopened"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trays from the last case were much nicer than average loose tray, which typically has a split or tear in cellophane on at leastthe one or more corners of tray. The photos on site are stock photos in most cases.

If you are a tray colector, it doesn't get any better than straight from the case.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The trays from the last case were much nicer than average loose tray, which typically has a split or tear in cellophane on at leastthe one or more corners of tray. The photos on site are stock photos in most cases.

If you are a tray colector, it doesn't get any better than straight from the case. >>

+1. The pics on the website aren't necessarily what you get. You'll often get one that has a crack in the cello or price tag still affixed. These, you would definitely know what your getting and they would be pristine.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you are a tray colector, it doesn't get any better than straight from the case. >>

I agree completely. If the case is stored and handled properly, the trays should be as good as the day they were put in the case.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay a tray price just so I could be there when Steve cracks it and get a good whiff of it. That's some straight moof, right there.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't imagine what could be in that case worthy of such a price. Seems like you'd have to hit multiple Ozzie & Ryan PSA 10s...

What am I missing about these really high prices for this year? Bob Horner, Willie Wilson, Ozzie Smith rookie year...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I couldn't imagine what could be in that case worthy of such a price. Seems like you'd have to hit multiple Ozzie & Ryan PSA 10s...

What am I missing about these really high prices for this year? Bob Horner, Willie Wilson, Ozzie Smith rookie year... >>

It's a very popular set with huge condition/centering issues. There's tons of 10s in that set that would command over $1K. One 10 of Ozzie and Ryan would cover the cost of the whole case. Although your odds of pulling them are slim to none.
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Still have a few mint no price stickers for sale on the BST.

Check out the scans. These are nice!

$135 A TRAY!

Crazylegs
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I'd be in for one!
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    "I couldn't imagine what could be in that case worthy of such a price.
    Seems like you'd have to hit multiple Ozzie & Ryan PSA 10s"

-----
    Here's what's hard to explain to "card only" collectors.

I have one of these '79 trays that I picked up from Tim a
    couple of years ago. It's still sealed up the way I got it
    from him, and it will stay that way as long as I own it.

I don't know, and don't care, what cards are inside, or
    how they would grade. It's the tray, and the fact that
    it's as it was when it left the Topps factory that's
    important, not the cards inside.

I know there are many card collectors who completely
    don't understand this at all, but there are a lot of us out
    there who just want a pack (or a tray) in its original
    unopened condition.

If I where to know that every card inside every pack
    that I own was an off center common, it would make
    no difference to how much I value it. The fact is, I just
    don't care what's inside the pack as long as it was put
    there by Topps in the factory.

That's the best I can explain it, and I know there are
    still people scratching their heads out there.

John

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    I get that. That is more sports artifact/memorabilia collecting than card collecting. It may also be the card collecting aspect you don't get with this ? Either way and forever there will be the respected differences. I'd like both, the best of both worlds. Cards and unopen both rule.
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

"I get that. That is more sports artifact/memorabilia collecting than card collecting."
    -----
    Strictly speaking you're right, even though pack collecting
    is about as closely connected to card collecting as you're
    likely to get.

"It may also be the card collecting aspect you don't get with this"
    -----
    I certainly do "get" the card collecting aspect of it.

There are lots of people who buy packs just to rip, and
    that's fine. I'm just saying that there are also pack
    collectors who conserve the packs as they are.

I'm both a card collector (I just finished putting
    together a set of 1961 Topps baseball), and a pack
    collector.

It is possible to do both.

John

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone would let me know the next time BBCE cracks a case of 1985 Topps I would appreciate it. Because I'm all in on some FASC boxes of that.

Also, I really like cheeseburgers.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    If you pop open a bottle of 1960 Pepsi Cola, pour it into a cup and offer it for sale, you'd get more for the cola if you'd have left it in the bottle and never opened it.

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    didn't we just do one of these?? --not sure you'll get the #s to do it again