Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who in the world is this?

This was in the middle of an older set of baseball cards/album. The owner, who sold me the book, had no idea who it is/was. Very "unique" signature!

Any guesses?

If you don't ask, you won't know...

Comments

• Options
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That was incredible Dr. Fong.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Hoff is best remembered for being the oldest living ex-major leaguer at the time of his death in Daytona Beach, Florida at age 107. Hoff died of complications resulting from an accidental fall.
  • Options

<< <i>Hoff is best remembered for being the oldest living ex-major leaguer at the time of his death in Daytona Beach, Florida at age 107. Hoff died of complications resulting from an accidental fall. >>

The photo was obviously autographed by an elderly person since a blue Sharpie was used on such an old image. I would never have imagined that he could have been so old. What a great piece of baseball history. Thanks for the information Shaggy.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Okay, fine, Hoff it is then.

I still say there's a good chance that it's Ernest T. Bass.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    dude began his ML career by striking out Cobb.

cool factor of 10.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow. That was incredible Dr. Fong. >>

+1

Guy died in 1998 and played for the Yankees before they friggin were THE YANKEES! DAMN!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, fine, Hoff it is then.

I still say there's a good chance that it's Ernest T. Bass.Yes, it's possible, as Earnest T. loved to throw(pitch) those rocks through all those windows in Mayberry.

~ >>

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Wow.. yes.. agreed. Thank you Dr. Fong!!
    If you don't ask, you won't know...
  • Options
    No problem.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    don't hassle the hoff!