Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

This card always makes me laugh

It's like they are being told their future baseball fortunes as the picture is being taken. Darrell Evans is saying "damn straight!" And the other guys, well....

link

Comments

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • LOL!
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    Darrell Evan trivia:

With NO help from the Internet:

Darrell Evans is one of 5 MLBers who have hit 100 HRs with 3 different teams. Can you name them?
  • Reggie Jackson? (A's, Yankees, Angels)

<< <i>Reggie Jackson? (A's, Yankees, Angels) >>

That's one.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Beltre join the club this year?
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    How about Dave "The Kong" Kingman.
    Yes to Beltre. No Kong.

1. Evans
    2. Jackson.
    3. Beltre
  • jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    soriano?
  • FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    A-Rod?
  • Jim Thome
    BTW that's a funny card.
    Yes to A-Roid and Thome:

The 5 are: Evans, Jackson, Beltre A-Roid and Thome.
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Darrell Evan trivia:

Darrell Evans is one of 5 MLBers who have hit 100 HRs with 3 different teams. Can you name them? >>

1. Braves
    2. Giants
    3. Tigers

What do I win?
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Darrell Evan trivia:

Darrell Evans is one of 5 MLBers who have hit 100 HRs with 3 different teams. Can you name them? >>

1. Braves
    2. Giants
    3. Tigers

What do I win?

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Being a Braves fan from way back I can remember Ernie Johnson on the radio broadcasts talking about how McQueen and Kester both were highly thought of prospects and
    should be in the Braves rotation for years. McQueen more so than Kester. I think McQueen was in a car wreck that hurt his chances and Kester only had a few late season call-ups.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    That is a funny observation.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Being a Braves fan from way back I can remember Ernie Johnson on the radio broadcasts talking about how McQueen and Kester both were highly thought of prospects and
    should be in the Braves rotation for years. McQueen more so than Kester. I think McQueen was in a car wreck that hurt his chances and Kester only had a few late season call-ups. >>

Henry Aaron, who isn't really given to hyperbole, compared McQueen to Warren Spahn.

<< <i>Henry Aaron, who isn't really given to hyperbole, compared McQueen to Warren Spahn. >>

Yes, but when he did (1971) Spahn was 50 years old! HAHAHA
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>

<< <i>Henry Aaron, who isn't really given to hyperbole, compared McQueen to Warren Spahn. >>

Yes, but when he did (1971) Spahn was 50 years old! HAHAHA >>

I hear this one every 2-3 years and it never gets old.

<< <i>I hear this one every 2-3 years and it never gets old. >>

Oh yeah ... I have read it many times ... thought it was time to use it. image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    This one makes me giggle...image
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'