Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cards you keep...no matter what.

So for those of you who open packs (of any era), are there cards that you keep no matter what? Like for me, I keep anything Reds and all rookies. How about you?

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Stained cards.

To me, they're a subset to collect.
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez Chris - that's a tough question to be asking an OCD pack rat.

I can't part with anything!
    Mike
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Jeter, Mariano and any HOFer or future HOFer.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the miscut cards~have a bunch of 75 minis like that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I love the miscut cards >>

+1, I keep a special box of all the factory oddities that I've pulled.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day when I would open football/basketball I always kept UNC, Alabama and Notre Dame guys. My family was big on those 3. Still are actually. So I had James "Hollywood" Robinson, LaPhonso Ellis, Dwight Hollier etc in multiples image
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I will not sell my 61 Baseball set unless the wolf is at the door. Even then, I would have to think about it.
  • Options
    I've found that I end up selling stuff that I thought I would keep forever mostly due to life changes.
    I have a Ken Dryden Rookie card that is my current candidate (25 years and counting).
  • Options
    I keep all the Mike Schmidt cards I come across. Also have a hard time letting go of any John Tsitourus, Gil Coan, (both guys were from my hometown of Monroe, NC) and Charlie Justice cards
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Whenever I open a 1978 Topps Baseball pack, I separate the doubles and compare them to the cards in my binder. If the card in my binder is in better condition, I leave it. If not, I replace it. I keep all of the doubles in Card Saver IIs. I keep all of them. Some are off center, some have gum stains and some are miscut. It does not matter to me. I keep them all.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    1993 Topps Jeter PSA 10
  • Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    First set I ever bought was the 1987 Topps baseball set. Just cannot let it go. Still look at them every now and then and can't help from reading the stats on the back of all the stars.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Packer cards.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    For the right price, I'll sell anything image
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

<< <i>I will not sell my 61 Baseball set unless the wolf is at the door. Even then, I would have to think about it. >>

you done called in the wolf? well that's all you had to say!
  • Options
    I will keep the cards I started with back in 1975. Rough shape for many of them. But priceless to me.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I keep any Cincinnati Reds card.
  • Options

<< <i>I will keep the cards I started with back in 1975. Rough shape for many of them. But priceless to me. >>

This. But 1974 for me. Actually, any of the cards from my childhood will always be with me.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's this 1952 Topps Duke Snider. First vintage card I ever bought ($1 at a show in NY, maybe late '70's or early '80's). Also, as with ashabby, my beater 1975 Topps set that I completed that year.

Daniel
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep all Cardinals.

Shane