Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How many different human beings have been a starting quarterback in a Superbowl?

Quick. Without researching, how many different quarterbacks have started in a Super Bowl?
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    69?
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭
    58?
  • Options

<< <i>69? >>

Sounds good to me. image
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced Joe Montana isn't a cyborg.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got 56.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that there has been 48 superbowls right? I'm not looking and I just do not remember, anyway, if there are 2 teams, and each 1 has a starting Quarterback, that would mean that 96 different Human beings have started at that position in the Superbowl.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Considering that there has been 48 superbowls right? I'm not looking and I just do not remember, anyway, if there are 2 teams, and each 1 has a starting Quarterback, that would mean that 96 different Human beings have started at that position in the Superbowl. >>

Dude. That would mean no QB has started more than one. Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Brady, Aikman, both Mannings, Roethlisberger, K.Warner...... My guess is 70
  • Options
    I'll say an even 50
    "WITH GORILLA GONE, WILL THERE BE HOPE FOR MAN?" Daniel Quinn, Ishmael
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    pretty interesting question.........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Considering that there has been 48 superbowls right? I'm not looking and I just do not remember, anyway, if there are 2 teams, and each 1 has a starting Quarterback, that would mean that 96 different Human beings have started at that position in the Superbowl. >>

Jim Kelly will be happy to know that he only lost one Super Bowl as a starting QB.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    If there have been 48 Super Bowls I will guess something less than 48. More times than not to make it to a Super Bowl you have to have a stud QB so there are numerous repeat starters so I would be surprised if the number is over 48. My guess off the top of my head would be 37.
    Steve
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    I will go with 73.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Dude. That would mean no QB has started more than one. Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Brady, Aikman, both Mannings, Roethlisberger, K.Warner...... My guess is 70 >>

imageimageimage I'm such an idiot. I never even gave a single thought that some quarterbacks have started more then 1 Superbowl. What in the world was I thinking...and I wasn't even drinking or anything!!!

I'm going away now...on to another topic with no answer, as I have now given up!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Now we're talking. Keep those guesses coming. No one has nailed it yet, though a few of you are close.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
  • Options

You're not slipping someone like Marlin Briscoe or Kordell Stewart in here, are you?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If there have been 48 Super Bowls I will guess something less than 48. More times than not to make it to a Super Bowl you have to have a stud QB so there are numerous repeat starters so I would be surprised if the number is over 48. My guess off the top of my head would be 37. >>

Ya do know that there's two quarterbacks in every Super Bowl, right?
  • Options

<< <i>I've got 56. >>

Id say this is close to right. For the sake of arguement, I guess I will take 55.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Still no one has gotten it exactly. I will wait until someone does, or will give the answer during Monday Night Football otherwise.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I'll go 54.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Grote is correct. (Unless I have counted wrong) there have been 60 different starting quarterbacks in Superbowl history.
  • Options
    I have counted about twenty times, and have gotten a lot of different answers.

I am pretty confident it is 60, once I made sure not to double-count the three guys who started for two different teams.

Feel free to name them, if you like.
  • Options
    I counted again. It's 57.

Starr, Dawson, Lamonica, Namath, Morrall, Kapp, Unitas, Morton, Staubach, Greise, Kilmer, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Stabler, Ferragamo, Jaworski, Plunkett, Montana, Anderson, Theismann, Woodley, Marino.

Eason, McMahon, Simms, Elway, Williams, Esiason, Hostetler, Kelly, Rypien, Aikman, Young, Humphries, O'Donnell, Favre, Bledsoe, Chandler, Warner, McNair, Dilfer, Collins, Brady, Johnson, Gannon, Delhomme.

McNabb, Roethlisberger, Hasselbeck, Grossman, P. Manning, E. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Flacco, Kapernick, Wilson.

• Options
    You guys are right. It is 57.

Thanks for the correction!

Sorry for the wrong answer....
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

So anyway, this is how my mind works.

How may different people have played at least one down, at
    the quarterback position, in a Superbowl?

I have no idea, and wouldn't know where to find out.

John

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. Give Norris Weese, Mike Livingston and Bob Berry credit for their moment in the sun.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    What if the first snap of the game is a direct snap to someone other than the apparent QB? Does that player become the starting QB? image
  • Options

<< <i>What if the first snap of the game is a direct snap to someone other than the apparent QB? Does that player become the starting QB? image >>

I don't know, by that logic, the Broncos' starting quarterback last year was the 15 yard line, since they direct-snapped the ball to that area of the field.